• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Clone DNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkangel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2013
Gotham City
My cloupor burnt off and replacement came in 2 days ago

I wrote to them informing them I was vaping at 1.2 to 1.5ohm and out of sudden my unit emits smoke from the unit. I was shocked and disconnected my KF and immediate unscrew the back covers and remove the battery. Wow! Burnt chip smell damn bad and I allow the unit to cool off and dismantle and I found this
View attachment 378474

And look at the wire

View attachment 378475

Without any hesitation, XXX agreed to replace a new unit by sending them the damage unit back. But I negotiated as I am very far away and the cost of sending one would have cost me another unit. And again they without hesitation offered to send me a new unit. This is the best customer service I ever had.

Cheers again to XXX team of professionals

Here is my new unit from them.

View attachment 378481

Sent from Gotham City using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Sent from Gotham City using Tapatalk

Last edited:

zizibar

Verified Member
has anybody face the issue of the DNA killing the battery. completely dead? i got the dna from hotcig and was working fine till yesterday it wont turn on. when i measured the battery, totally dead. not even 1v. bought a new battery in the morning, charged it up and all was ok. did not use it much today but in the evening, it wont turn on again. when i check the battery, it was only 2.9v. has anyone faced this before? good thing is i always unscrew the atomiser when i am not using the dna. i am suspecting the mod is firing by it self.
Dun throw away your dna 30 parts. If u are into modding or know someone who can mod it for u, either a) buy an evolv dna 30 chip n redo the whole set or b) make it into a unregulated mech mod. Keep the parts for future use.

kissthefloor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2012
TemCorp
bloody hell my hana modz mini keeps firing whenever i screw on my atty, be it locked or unlock. disconnected the batts and put back in, still firing on me. best of all, i dont have the contacts of the shop who sold me! (coincidentally, their fb page also closed.)

damn i need the contact of the shop lol

orichi11

Verified Member
Jan 31, 2014
SEA
Dun throw away your dna 30 parts. If u are into modding or know someone who can mod it for u, either a) buy an evolv dna 30 chip n redo the whole set or b) make it into a unregulated mech mod. Keep the parts for future use.

thanks. going to do an atopsy on the mod. see if i can find anything that can be repair.

orichi11

Verified Member
Jan 31, 2014
SEA
bloody hell my hana modz mini keeps firing whenever i screw on my atty, be it locked or unlock. disconnected the batts and put back in, still firing on me. best of all, i dont have the contacts of the shop who sold me! (coincidentally, their fb page also closed.)

damn i need the contact of the shop lol

good luck to you

orichi11

Verified Member
Jan 31, 2014
SEA
thanks. going to do an atopsy on the mod. see if i can find anything that can be repair.

haha. found the problem. the plastic insulator for the 510 center pin is bad causing a short. dig out all the internal and replace the insulator. change the wire to sliver wire and the mod is working well now.

nuvole

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2014
Sillypore
Those plastic insulator are always problematic.
Good to hear that you manage to fix it.

haha. found the problem. the plastic insulator for the 510 center pin is bad causing a short. dig out all the internal and replace the insulator. change the wire to sliver wire and the mod is working well now.

Darkangel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2013
Gotham City

Lucky you spot it, if not it will short the mod.
Changing to a floating pin might helps

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412867837.070769.jpg

Last edited:

kissthefloor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2012
TemCorp
brought my hana mini in to get the chip changed out, doing the battery + firing button + 510 connector as well. getting it back by sunday! damn these costs are prolly gonna set me up much higher than an authentic in the end.

anyone's got a spare PV to help a brother? :D

Edit: meh searched the deep ends of the archive, found my lavatube hahaha!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread