Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurora-Oblivion

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Isle of the Wizards
I see, I'll have to try a little sometime soon then! I ended up with two bottles so I need to use it anyway.

I didn't think the green tea (TFA One) was bad or grassy, maybe I'm not remembering it right though. I think I used 7% before, but I could be thinking of something else. I've only used it once in a peach tea experiment, but I don't remember how that was and didn't take notes back then. I know better now though, so next test I'll know all the info about how it was, percentages used, ect. I think I'll make some again soon too.

michaelsil1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2013
Los Angeles
I see, I'll have to try a little sometime soon then! I ended up with two bottles so I need to use it anyway.

I didn't think the green tea (TFA One) was bad or grassy, maybe I'm not remembering it right though. I think I used 7% before, but I could be thinking of something else. I've only used it once in a peach tea experiment, but I don't remember how that was and didn't take notes back then. I know better now though, so next test I'll know all the info about how it was, percentages used, ect. I think I'll make some again soon too.

The TFA Green Tea is nice. AIV A Quiet Morning tastes like Grass.

dymrip

Nov 2, 2012
Wakeman, Ohio
My take on Dragon's Blood:

All flavors from TFA.

Hot water bath and steeped for 72 hours with no lid and covered with a small piece of paper towel to reduce contaminants.

Made a 3ml batch for testing, will probably make a larger batch later today.

Base Mix
PG - 20%
VG - 80%
Nicotine - 24mg

Recipe
Base - 79%
Dragonfruit - 10%
Strawberry - 4%
Bavarian Cream - 2%
Sweet Cream - 1%
Vanilla Swirl - 3%
Ethyl Maltol - 1%

Comes out to 35/65 PG/VG; 18mg Nicotine.

I seriously cannot stop vaping this. And to make things even better, I am dripping it on my first successful attempt at a rebuildable atomizer. Finally, a flavor that I can add to my ADV list along with my Apple Pie Delight! (Apple Pie with Vanilla Swirl, Sucralose, and extra Apple flavoring; recipe will be posted just as soon as I figured it out completely. For now I just guesstimate all my measurements.)

Here is an updated to my Dragon's Blood clone recipe. Now I make it look like real blood! Recently began adding coloring to my DIY e-liquids using Food Writer edible markers I found in the baking isle at Wal-Mart. No preservatives or additives, they are just color and PG. It only takes a little dab on the tip of a pipette, then swirling the pipette in the juice for a few seconds. I used red with just a smidge of blue to get a nice blood red color. It looks awesome on my black VAMO in a ProTank!

VAMO_w_ProTank_red_juice.jpg

sgenn99

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2012
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
just getting into diy, and i'd really love some advice-i want to mix something along the lines of a simple DK TAB, like the one MR VAPE makes. It's a bit different then a lot of the other DK TAB's I've tried. Less nutty, with kind of a 555 thing going on in the background. I imagine it would be a good one to start off with, since it's a fairly simple flavor. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

boomerdude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
PG 1.99 mls. 19.9%
VG 4.73 mls. 47.3%
Nic 1.2 mls. 12%
DK TB 1 mls 10% (EcX SS)
AP 0.20 ml. 2%
Caramel Original 0.5 ml. 5% (TFA)
TA 0.02 ml. 0.2%
ACV 0.06 ml. 0.6%

TA - Tobacco Absolute
ACV - Apple Cider Vinegar

just getting into diy, and i'd really love some advice-i want to mix something along the lines of a simple DK TAB, like the one MR VAPE makes. It's a bit different then a lot of the other DK TAB's I've tried. Less nutty, with kind of a 555 thing going on in the background. I imagine it would be a good one to start off with, since it's a fairly simple flavor. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

sgenn99

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2012
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
That's a toughie. It seems to taste different to everyone, and even different to those of us that vape it daily. For over a year now, it has been my all day vape, and as much as I love it, I just can't pick out the dominant flavors. I wouldn't know where to begin. The last drought did freak me out, but whenever I reorder from BWB, I ALWAYS grab an extra, even if it's just a 15 ml bottle. I found one im my stash that was months old. It truly does get better as it ages.
And Malty Toffee is anothet one I would love decode it as well

Leothwyn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2011
N. California
www.ci-studios.com
At the risk of sounding naive, I doubt it would be hard to replicate. I've got some in my box of vendor liquids that's been steeping for a few months. I'll break it out and see what's doing.

I seem to remember a thread here quite a while ago about replicating Malty Toffee. I think it was STR8VAPING (don't remember how to spell his name) who figured out that a large amount of just EM tasted just like MT.

rebgold

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2013
Wichita, KS
Pluid 12 mls 50/50 12mg.

1.44 mls 12% Nic Juice 80/20 100mg 10%
1.61 mls 13.42% PG
5.71 mls 47.58% VG
2.268 mls 18.9% Absinthe ( TFA )
0.648 mls 5.4% Horehound ( EcX SS )
0.192 mls 1.6% Smooth ( EcX SS ) not TFA
0.129 mls 1.08% Orange ( FW )

Steep 5-7 Days
Add Green food color for authenticity.

There's another thread about cloning Pluid somewhere. MM himself posted that there is no horehound in Pluid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread