[CLOSED}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clouds4Fintan

Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
Ankeny, IA USA
I've spent the last couple days reading and reading these catfish pages. It sure seems that a better owner for customer service cannot be found. I don't have the money at the moment for a mod but I'm curious if there is any single place where there is a list of the mods you make. I know it's limited availability and think I know about how the lists work. I hope this isn't an ignorant question.

I've never owned a squonker but have been vaping for quite a while. Thanks in advance. Jeff

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
Are the black ChiNardas on the horizon?
They are however I'm currently a little apprehensive in thinking I may have already saturated my market. Perhaps I should do a list? Part of the issue is that the Chi-Nard0 will only be available here on ECF and via email. I will not run anymore lists on Facebook; I will offer Facebook the leftovers on authentics only after ECF has gotten their fill. In a large part it comes down to economics as well. To make the CNO feasible I need to be able to move 100 or more of them due to the cost of the pvd coating; pvd coating is still a relatively new process and the equipment and materials remain expensive not to mention very labor intensive on my end; imagine taking apart 100 or more NarDas to their most basic of parts, not to mention the precise machining of every cap and refinishing before they can be sent off to be coated. I want to do them and plan to do them but please understand this is actually a major undertaking.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Also,....where da Stumpy II's at? o_O

Heard anything, Tom? :?:

I can't even find a clone Stumpy out there anywhere.... :oops:
Harry and I have both been very busy on our own projects but I need to speak to him on a number of topics one of which is the stumpy2/ Acorn as well as bezel and door final prints for the LBC junior. Initially I was going to use the same bezel that was used on the LBC but the 3D print for that version looked goofy, tall and skinny.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
I've spent the last couple days reading and reading these catfish pages. It sure seems that a better owner for customer service cannot be found. I don't have the money at the moment for a mod but I'm curious if there is any single place where there is a list of the mods you make. I know it's limited availability and think I know about how the lists work. I hope this isn't an ignorant question.

I've never owned a squonker but have been vaping for quite a while. Thanks in advance. Jeff
So far there have only been 2 production mods and the first on was more of an experimental proof of concept (Cam-M). The second and actually production mod was the current LBC.

I will say in regards to the Cam-M with the current update that I'm doing on them it actually makes the Cam-M a contender. Look for Hildicat's review in a few days, I did a prototype for myself and 2 that he sent in, perhaps at some point I will revisit the concept; but I can tell you this much the cam-my revised is the best $150 mod that I have ever used, hits like a schoolbus, and it's as small as it can possibly be and tough as nails.... NOW. no more leaks, no more funky 510 bushing, and now that the contacts stay dry much much less maintenance, like 90% less. The LBC Jr will be available as soon as I can get all the parts together. I did mention the LBC Jr will be offered primarily in black ultem and regular ultem 1000 (urine colored ultem). Personally my biggest complaint with the LBC is it's just too heavy, I'm just hoping the Jr wouldn't be too light and too small for my peeps. We'll see.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
I'm looking for a Goon squonk pin. Any help?
If you insist on only a pin there is a guy in France that's selling them. I deal with goons but the wholesale to retail price pays for most of the conversion, if I were to offer pins only the price would be outrageous. Every atty I mod, pin or otherwise is done by hand not via a CNC mill and or CNC lathe and working for $4 an hour just isn't going to happen. Sorry; buy a complete BF atty or talk to the guy in France.

Clouds4Fintan

Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
Ankeny, IA USA
So far there have only been 2 production mods and the first on was more of an experimental proof of concept (Cam-M). The second and actually production mod was the current LBC.

I will say in regards to the Cam-M with the current update that I'm doing on them it actually makes the Cam-M a contender. Look for Hildicat's review in a few days, I did a prototype for myself and 2 that he sent in, perhaps at some point I will revisit the concept; but I can tell you this much the cam-my revised is the best $150 mod that I have ever used, hits like a schoolbus, and it's as small as it can possibly be and tough as nails.... NOW. no more leaks, no more funky 510 bushing, and now that the contacts stay dry much much less maintenance, like 90% less. The LBC Jr will be available as soon as I can get all the parts together. I did mention the LBC Jr will be offered primarily in black ultem and regular ultem 1000 (urine colored ultem). Personally my biggest complaint with the LBC is it's just too heavy, I'm just hoping the Jr wouldn't be too light and too small for my peeps. We'll see.

Thanks so much. Sounds like I best keep a close eye to the goings on here :) the Cam-M V2 and the mini sound great as my intro to squonking.

Reactions: LittleBird

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
They are however I'm currently a little apprehensive in thinking I may have already saturated my market. Perhaps I should do a list? Part of the issue is that the Chi-Nard0 will only be available here on ECF and via email. I will not run anymore lists on Facebook; I will offer Facebook the leftovers on authentics only after ECF has gotten their fill. In a large part it comes down to economics as well. To make the CNO feasible I need to be able to move 100 or more of them due to the cost of the pvd coating; pvd coating is still a relatively new process and the equipment and materials remain expensive not to mention very labor intensive on my end; imagine taking apart 100 or more NarDas to their most basic of parts, not to mention the precise machining of every cap and refinishing before they can be sent off to be coated. I want to do them and plan to do them but please understand this is actually a major undertaking.

Completely understand. That's a big mess of work and I agree with the hesitation.

Thanks for the rundown and explanation.

penguiness

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2014
Nashville, TN, USA

Tentative List to gauge interest

Black Chi-Nard0
1) penguiness
2) penguiness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread