[CLOSED}

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrwilliams2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2012
Greenville, NC
There should be a few LBC jrs delivered tomorrow. Who's stoked?

I sure am! Tracking says Monday, but it looks like it will make it into town overnight tonight. We have Sunday package delivery from the USPS. I'm hoping for tomorrow, but expecting Sunday.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
I sure am! Tracking says Monday, but it looks like it will make it into town overnight tonight. We have Sunday package delivery from the USPS. I'm hoping for tomorrow, but expecting Sunday.
Honestly I'm not sure which of us is more excited for yours to be delivered you or me. I'm stoked for you.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
That's me! I took the cover off the battery just because the cover kept poppin' off.
It's your choice and I fully respect that but please realize the dangers of a flopping lipo. Lipo cells need a safe and secure housing to keep them from being damaged.

Kentastic

Not Batman
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2013
Central Californication
It's your choice and I fully respect that but please realize the dangers of a flopping lipo. Lipo cells need a safe and secure housing to keep them from being damaged.

If it's anything like mine Tom, it isn't going anywhere. Flopping is not the problem, the battery starts swelling and since your tolerances for the LBC are so precise, the only place for the battery material to bulge is straight out the front. Which in turn starts making the cover pooch out and then the door starts wobbling and eventually can barely stay on. The lipo isn't flopping anywhere. It's more like my belly when I need a belt for my pants with a few more expansion holes.....

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
If it's anything like mine Tom, it isn't going anywhere. Flopping is not the problem, the battery starts swelling and since your tolerances for the LBC are so precise, the only place for the battery material to bulge is straight out the front. Which in turn starts making the cover pooch out and then the door starts wobbling and eventually can barely stay on. The lipo isn't flopping anywhere. It's more like my belly when I need a belt for my pants with a few more expansion holes.....
I get that. From Yepster's post it sounds like he removed the battery retainer carbon plate and was going commando style.

As to your belt issue I can completely relate, I do own "Buffet Pants" which are equipped with a "Klik Belt" for just such precarious occasions. Google "Klik Belts". Best thing ever.

Last edited:

mrwilliams2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2012
Greenville, NC
Ok, so my LBC Jr. arrived!! I'm working on getting it set up now. One question: is the 510 adjustable?

LBWjz4yl.jpg

Last edited:

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Ok, so my LBC Jr. arrived!! I'm working on getting it set up now. One question: is the 510 adjustable?

LBWjz4yl.jpg
It's automatic. The 510 has a stiff coil spring. It can also be adjusted up a little with 2 6mm wrenches, just be careful with the braid. The braid is tough up and down but with a wrench it can rip the pad off the board if pushed too far. It's never happened but it is possible. Are you having contact issues or gap issues. If it's a gap issue run the atty down. It's currently set for 4mm minimum, 5.1mm maximum give or take 0.05mm

mrwilliams2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2012
Greenville, NC
It's automatic. The 510 has a stiff coil spring. It can also be adjusted up a little with 2 6mm wrenches, just be careful with the braid. The braid is tough up and down but with a wrench it can rip the pad off the board if pushed too far. It's never happened but it is possible. Are you having contact issues or gap issues. If it's a gap issue run the atty down. It's currently set for 4mm minimum, 5.1mm maximum give or take 0.05mm

No issue. Just trying to get my coils lined up on the sides (OCD).

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
No issue. Just trying to get my coils lined up on the sides (OCD).
Suggest: 7mm x1mm o-ring at the top of the 510 on the atty; crush to suit. If you can find .5mm thickness that would be even better. The 510 threads are 0.5mm pitch so one full turn is a half of a mm of rise or drop.

Reactions: EZinTN

mrwilliams2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2012
Greenville, NC
Suggest: 7mm x1mm o-ring at the top of the 510 on the atty; crush to suit. If you can find .5mm thickness that would be even better. The 510 threads are 0.5mm pitch so one full turn is a half of a mm of rise or drop.

10-4. That worked! I should have thought of the old REO trick...

Last edited:

MFToms59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2012
Nevada
Thanks Cat, the Jr. arrived today, charging the batteries now while rubbing the heck out of the Mod... fits pretty nice in my hand. Appreciate the grubs and everything else I bought the past 3 years... I think another Chi- Narda is in the cards next month, right behind my Stumpies for favorite 22mm Atty:vapor:. Hope you're feeling better :thumb:.

Oh, the Snakeskin Maker will be first on the JR.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Thanks Cat, the Jr. arrived today, charging the batteries now while rubbing the heck out of the Mod... fits pretty nice in my hand. Appreciate the grubs and everything else I bought the past 3 years... I think another Chi- Narda is in the cards next month, right behind my Stumpies for favorite 22mm Atty:vapor:. Hope you're feeling better :thumb:.

Oh, the Snakeskin Maker will be first on the JR.
Try a Stumpy dual coil, 7 wraps of 26 on 2.5mm for .50 at 50w... It WILL change your life. Same build in the Ti goon 24 at 62w is also good but the Stumpy is next level. The carbon/Nylon does have a different feel to it doesn't it? It's like a velvety Delrin but much stronger. Im trying to come up with other things to make out of it. Im thinking about doing molded doors out of it as well as 3d printed Ultem doors and bezels maybe even a few bodies in 3d Ultem.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread