[CLOSED}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
Ok catfish peeps, I need your help. Has anyone had any phantom juice leaking at the bottom of the front screen plate on the LBC Jr.?

I have two Juniors, one is perfectly fine. The only time it gets juice anywhere is from over-squonking or a leaky bottle/tube connection.

The second Jr. has this issue since I think the beginning, but I assumed it was from one of the above actions on my part, but it's gotten worse lately. So yesterday I broke down and cleaned everything bone dry and switched out the atty, and bottle. Filled everything up and before I could vape the bottle empty I literally had juice dripping out of the front corner of my Jr. Everything else seems dry, so I'm banging my head against the desk trying to figure out where the heck it could be coming from. HELP!

Pictures below:

View attachment 711253 View attachment 711255 View attachment 711257 View attachment 711259 View attachment 711261 View attachment 711263 View attachment 711265 View attachment 711267
Normally I would suspect a split o-ring in the 510 but based on this pic it doesn’t seem so:
D70393EE-4E34-4D83-9B4E-FBABE1634FE5.jpeg

I have had that issue when a bottle splits which is a somewhat common occurrence being that I use nothing but the supersofts that come with all of my mods; I just had one split this morning. But based on this pic it would seem that the issue is actual oversquonking.
10FAE4F7-9F3C-475C-8B71-25DAE39925E6.jpeg

See the Juice trails at the top of the mod? See how the back of the cavity (just above the board) is dry? That leads me to believe the juice came from above the top of the faceplate and seeped down. I blame silicone bottles. Silicone bottles lack the proper firmness needed to draw back the excess juice quickly and making it worse on the LBC jr is the fact that the bottle is squeezed a little in the resting position (pre-loaded)

Suggestion: take a cotton ball and stuff it in the area below the board, re-install the faceplate, stand the mod up, and leave it like that for a few days. In a few days remove the cotton ball and all will be well. I would also suggest switching back to either super soft (Tutalfumo) bottles or Mod Maker bottles to regain fast squonkback.

Evolv designed the dna200 and the Dna75 to be Juice proof so I wouldn’t worry too much about that. The micro switches have occasionally had issues in extreme cases but I’m hoping with corrective action (cotton ball, non-silicone bottles) this will not turn into a fatal issue.

havok333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Chapin, SC
Moar batteries! [emoji106]

Wasn't going to ask for any more to make sure there was plenty to go around , but I think I could use one more set, that way I can always keep a pair at work. I can send a check out this coming week, and you can just send with the Ultem LBC Jr. when everything is ready.

$14 each, right?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Moar batteries! [emoji106]

Wasn't going to ask for any more to make sure there was plenty to go around , but I think I could use one more set, that way I can always keep a pair at work. I can send a check out this coming week, and you can just send with the Ultem LBC Jr. when everything is ready.

$14 each, right?

Yes sir.

Kentastic

Not Batman
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2013
Central Californication
Normally I would suspect a split o-ring in the 510 but based on this pic it doesn’t seem so:
View attachment 712573
I have had that issue when a bottle splits which is a somewhat common occurrence being that I use nothing but the supersofts that come with all of my mods; I just had one split this morning. But based on this pic it would seem that the issue is actual oversquonking.
View attachment 712575
See the Juice trails at the top of the mod? See how the back of the cavity (just above the board) is dry? That leads me to believe the juice came from above the top of the faceplate and seeped down. I blame silicone bottles. Silicone bottles lack the proper firmness needed to draw back the excess juice quickly and making it worse on the LBC jr is the fact that the bottle is squeezed a little in the resting position (pre-loaded)

Suggestion: take a cotton ball and stuff it in the area below the board, re-install the faceplate, stand the mod up, and leave it like that for a few days. In a few days remove the cotton ball and all will be well. I would also suggest switching back to either super soft (Tutalfumo) bottles or Mod Maker bottles to regain fast squonkback.

Evolv designed the dna200 and the Dna75 to be Juice proof so I wouldn’t worry too much about that. The micro switches have occasionally had issues in extreme cases but I’m hoping with corrective action (cotton ball, non-silicone bottles) this will not turn into a fatal issue.

After a couple more cleanings and tests I think you are correct with your first suspicion. The juice seems to be coming from the 510 and riding the black wired down behind the board. I stuffed some cotton in the top corner between the wire and the 510 and everything else has stayed dry and the cotton keeps getting soaked.

So how do I fix it? Is the o-ring easily replaceable or is this a send-in issue?
2018-01-16 20.03.51 (Medium).jpg

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Same thing is happening on my first one also, but to a much lesser degree. Cotton "juice trap" just has a few spots soaking in after 2 days of use. As you can see from the above picture, my 2nd one is full on leaking.
I can send you o-rings or you can send it in. It’s up to you.

havok333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Chapin, SC
Have still been half-heartedly hunting for some new atty to try out. I had never really settled on a top air RDA that was quite as much a flavor maker as what we expect from Goon, Stumpy, O-Atty, Wasp nano, etc.

Sure, the Thump, Maker, Sapor, Hastur does well if you get a good build in them, but always keeping an eye out for something that can do a bit better. I always thought the Hastur and Manta had the right idea with top-to-side airflow, and I just found a couple newer atties that use this approach.

Reactions: inspects

havok333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Chapin, SC
This one is called a 25mm Zenith 3 that I got from 3fv. Not even sure CMII actually produced an original, or if it's just pure Chinese invention.

QC was horrible...the orings didn't make a tight fit anywhere so had to scrounge around for some proper replacements. It's like a ginormous version of the Manta V2 with ridiculous amount of airflow. It's so huge that it takes an LBC200 to not look odd. I can tell you though, it does vape very well!

Edit:. So pics not coming through... [emoji853]
d4eed55a2cdc45ae659bd3005363fb2a.jpg

Last edited:

havok333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Chapin, SC
This is the Basic RDA. The authentics are kinda pricey and I just wanted to test the waters, unsure if the airflow would be what I wanted, so I decided to try a clone first.

Highly impressed with this one! The airflow is just less than like two airholes on a Stumpy, maybe about 1 3/4? It is a single coil atty and stupid easy to build. It looks awesome on the LBC Jr!
cd8b0f49a695e28016e59c903e37dcee.jpg

Last edited:

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
This one is called a 25mm Zenith 3 that I got from 3fv. Not even sure CMII actually produced an original, or if it's just pure Chinese invention.

QC was horrible...the orings didn't make a tight fit anywhere so had to scrounge around for some proper replacements. It's like a ginormous version of the Manta V2 with ridiculous amount of airflow. It's so huge that it takes an LBC200 to not look odd. I can tell you though, it does vape very well!

Edit:. So pics not coming through... [emoji853]
d4eed55a2cdc45ae659bd3005363fb2a.jpg

Nice mod!! I have one exactly like it. My personal favorite out of all of them. I didn’t realize you had bought one. I thought I had only made 2; mine and one that went to the owner of Epistle Vapor. You are in great company.

Reactions: havok333
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread