Status
Not open for further replies.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I think there is such a rush to the market now to beat the next competitor, and price-point, mods are being sold without much in the way of testing or QC. Even Evolv was in such a hurry to get their new chip/board out, the early adopters were basically beta testers. I do think made in PRC does make a difference in these examples because they know there won't ever be liability issues. Too many of one version explodes or catches fire, they change the appearance and name and it goes back on sale. A year or two ago, PRC mods seemed to be of better quality than what is on the market today...

Yes and No. Manufacturers like Kanger, Innokin, Joyetech and even Cloupor take actions to correct any issues arising in a product. Some faster than others, but still taking an interest in their reputation and the consumer.

a Year or two ago we had far fewer lesser experienced vapors using far less powerful first run devices.

Steve, I understand your Desire for a Perfect world but your assumptions on Q.C. and Capability are skewed or you are turning a blind eye. You are either to young or never experienced working in our own younger developing companies.
I have worked for companies like G.E. in their infancy/youth and know of the growth, development and QC changes along the way. I have witnessed the manufacturing pitfalls and failures brought to market by even U.S. manufacturers.

Very few companies hit it perfect out of the gate and even when they do they often stumble down the road. Accelerated development in an effort to keep up only makes things more complicated.

Racehorse I just don't get. All I read in most post is drama, drama, drama with little suggestion for betterment.

It seems to me the more we push for and expect the worse we spiral out of control.
We live in a world of:
I want it cheap
I want it Now
I want it Perfect
Is it done yet??????????????????????

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I know for a fact that companies like Smok just use their early adopters as beta testers.
This happens all the time with Chinese mods.

Yes, remember this one?

we've discussed the concept of commerce without conscience in other topics. It's not just Big Tobacco who engaged in that stuff.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Yes, remember this one?

we've discussed the concept of commerce without conscience in other topics. It's not just Big Tobacco who engaged in that stuff.

Wow - Retro video(2012)
Yes now a days Smoke has many Decent products and a strong following.
Not so sure of your point. There was obviously a learning curve as to what is expected. Are you saying other, newer companies do not deserve the chance to learn?

Smok was known early on for Stealing other China manufacturers works. This very Video is of the piece that copied the Sigelei Telescope. Smok followed up ripping Regulated designs.
The Sigelei DID have Clearly visible Venting for safety - (2) large holes above the switch on the main tube and (2) more above the threading of the upper tube.
In the same time frame Rainbow Heaven released their first VW Device, the Vamo. This was anything but a Early adopter guinea pig device. Mine still works well today.

GM has had many false start vehicle releases as has Ford and most every other auto manufacturer.

I imagine it is a complex game balancing the cost of staying in business and meeting consumer demands.

Last edited:

Fergie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
Toronto, Canada,
FWIW: the place I bought my mini is doing their own recall, and I've seen it disappear from a few other sites this week. Statement is here: Cloupor Mini 30W Recall
May return mine and save up for a VaporShark DNA 40 when those minor bugs are worked out.
Interesting indeed.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
FWIW: the place I bought my mini is doing their own recall, and I've seen it disappear from a few other sites this week. Statement is here: Cloupor Mini 30W Recall
May return mine and save up for a VaporShark DNA 40 when those minor bugs are worked out.

I am curious as to their assertions as they seem to leave a grey area. Evidence in Hand but no mention of actual fault or Batch involved.

Unfortunately, WORLDofVAPE has just been made aware of the fact that the overheating issue has not been fixed, by Cloupor, to WORLDofVAPE's satisfaction.
We have in our possession undeniable evidence that the Cloupor Mini 30W is indeed faulty and dangerous to use.
As a result WORLDofVAPE has decided to issue a recall on all Cloupor 30W Mini sold to our members.

Many Vendors posted Recall and accepted return unquestioned during the 0002xx super heating issue discovery.

I would very much like to hear what they consider evidence(full disclosure) and their concept of correction to THEIR satisfaction.

3/18 is also a rather late Call to action - Recall
Perhaps under advisement to rectify an early failure and customer concern.

Again - Very Grey in detail

*Thank you for posting and the link!

ETA: From their News page:

Cloupor:

We like the Cloupor Mini 30W very much. But Cloupor had a few issues with its first batch that has led to some battery malfunctions. They told us they fixed it already and we are waiting for the new batch that have all issues corrected.
Never ran across any Battery malfunctions on early batch..............hmmmm...........
Perhaps they mean during primary testing before early release.:blink:

ETA2: apologies, but the more I read on that site the less impressed I become. YMMV

Last edited:

Fergie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
Toronto, Canada,
I wouldn't buy buy from the limited items they have available. Sounds a little bit like the Illvapes fiasco.

We have in our possession undeniable evidence that the Cloupor Mini 30W is indeed faulty and dangerous to use.
I would really like to see that evidence.

Last edited:

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I wouldn't buy buy from the limited items they have available. Sounds a little bit like the Illvapes fiasco.

I would really like to see that evidence.

They also have sworn proof from Efest that Fasttech Efest Batteries are Fakes.
Fasttech has NEVER sold Efest........................... though a Hana clone came with one(likely manufacturer supplied):)

Fergie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
Toronto, Canada,
LOL , yeah I saw their fake efests in a device, pretty obvious as there was a spelling mistake on the battery.

Not sure what to think on this it was added to a reviewers comments which are all good. Except the last one. LOL
[WOV Comments]: The Cloupor Mini 30W is quickly becoming one of these game changing devices in the vaping world. It basically hits all the marks - has good quality electronics and and is very affordable.
Thanks to your comments - we have emphasized even more the need to have a 18650 cell.

Last edited:

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio

Well, obviously they are doing this for a reason, and there must have been more incidents :(

Yes, I know, some of you will continue to defend this device as if it were a family member. I don't understand why, but its your choice. After my sx Zero fire, I won't be buying another one, nor another mod from Hotcig. There are plenty of other choices.

SS stingray

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2014
Port Charlotte. Florida
Huge black eye for Cloupor. I can tolerate devices that are janky, cheap or don't work well. I have no tolerance for companies that put out products that could potentially burn your house down or blow a finger off.

Please You have no clue !! The mini has nearly 1 million units sold. And only a handful were bad. NO BODY was or will never be hurt since the unit is in a metal box. Do us a favor and DON' T buy one . I will however stop defending the mini when I find something better. How could you think a finger would be blown off ? Is there gun power or firecrackers inside ???

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
Hi.

First off: I don't own a cloupor mini and if I ever will, I will only want it for it's enclosure to put a TP chip in it. I have nothing against the device and if it were just a tad wider and didn't had those air channels pressed on the case, I would have already bought a few to mod them.

About the above store's statement: I have no idea about the reasons that made them declare something like this BUT it's not the only one.

For example, here in Europe, a well known and reputable store, not only pulled the mini when the first units failed but also issued a recall, gave EVERY SINGLE buyer their money back including those that didn't want to return their units. They refunded the customers and sent a warning notice to not use the mod and just toss it in the bin.

Last week I asked the store when they would start selling them again and they said "Never. They are too dangerous". I also asked if they didn't have some in stock because I really just wanted the enclosure and I was told they had boxes full of them but they would all be returned so they wouldn't sell me one.

Now, I believe that that particular issue was resolved after batch 002 but I understand that some stores just don't want to take the responsibility should something happen again.... Can you blame them?

Imagine that somehow somewhere a guy blows off his hand with this mod (whatever reason). Imagine that the customer would decide to sue the store for the incident and, finally, imagine that in court it would be brought up that the store knew that there were issues in the past but started to sell the mods again after some time... Now the store has liability and probably will also be charged for negligence or worse....

Can you really blame those stores for not wanting to have anything to do with that particular model ever again? No matter how quick the problem was solved?

I can't.

Regards
Tony

Sent from my keyboard through my phone or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread