The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Cloupor T6 100W

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by Jamandre, Sep 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. metamorf

metamorf Full Member

Jun 21, 2014
    indonesia
    there's no update ?

2. Jamandre

Jamandre Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 5, 2014
    There have been a few new reviews on the utube.

BTW is their a case for this box yet? Silicon style...

3. brian5470

brian5470 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

You know it really ticks me off when I set my T6 at 100 watts take a few hits and then take my atty and put it on a mec and it hits much harder!

4. TheRac25

TheRac25 Senior Member ECF Veteran

they arent

sorry no, you cant just remove one part of ohms law like that

5. rusirius

rusirius Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 8, 2014
    DE
    Um yeah, you sure can...

I can build a power supply like say a flyback transformer for a TV set.... It's capable of outputting 10,000 to 30,000 volts!!! But it MAXES out at 4mW or 5mW (That's milliwatts... 4 thousandths of a watt... So it's VERY high voltage but VERY low current...

I can build another power supply (or take a premade one, say the Naos Raptor since many are familar with it). that MAXES out at 6V... But it's capable of delivering 120W... That's LOW voltage but HIGH current...

Not trying to be arrogant, but I'm an EE, I'm pretty sure I know how Ohm's law works... :) This really has nothing to do with ohm's law... this is circuit design... I can design a circuit for high voltage or I can design it for high current... To design it for BOTH high voltage AND high current becomes much more complex.

6. thomthom

thomthom Full Member

Oct 28, 2014
    HK
    Actually how big is the circled area on a T6? compare to DNA30, Is it in the same size?

sketch-1416344020348.jpg

I know it's weird but I really want to know lol XD

7. ChrisCanal

ChrisCanal Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 22, 2014
    Denver, CO, USA
    I just have to post. I just got a t6 a few days ago and have to say I am blown away. This thing is fantastic. 100W, a single battery, can charge with USB, ..... I could go on and on about this thing. And it works terrifically. I have typically used mechs up until buying this mod, and now I may never go back to them. I am trying all of my same rda's on here and adjusting the wattage, and it's like I have all new drippers. Flavors I've never experienced. It is just awesome. Anyone who has thought about trying this should. That is all. I am truly blown away.

8. PapaGeno21

PapaGeno21 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 12, 2013
    RI
    It's not that the box is bad, it's that you aren't actually getting over around 45w out of that mod as the chip they used is not doing what it is supposed too. I was so excited for this mod, but thankfully I waited for the reviews. But as long as you are happy, that's all that matters! Vape on!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9. ArcaneMolaMola

ArcaneMolaMola Full Member Verified Member

Sep 2, 2013
    El Paso, TX
    Greetings,

Perhaps I missed it but fasttech states the output voltage can go down to 3V as opposed to 3.6V. Can you set the voltage to 3V? Or perhaps because it's inaccurate/underpowered at 3.6V it is actually at 3V? Just wondering... Thanks.

10. ChrisCanal

Jul 22, 2014
    Denver, CO, USA
    Perhaps you are going over the 15A limit. If I recall from when I was crunching numbers, you have to stay between about 0.4ohm and 0.9ohm to not hit either the 15A limit, or the 9.3V limit when going up to 100W. Approximately.

11. ChrisCanal

Jul 22, 2014
    Denver, CO, USA
    What makes you think this? I have 0.4 build on my mech, which is around 40 watts. I take same rda and put on t6 and it seems similar at 40-45 watts. I can adjust up quite a bit higher and tell the difference for sure. Just trying to understand why you think this apv will only go up to "around 45W". Can you enlighten me?

12. HDMontana

HDMontana Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 16, 2014
    Montana
    Was just on the fasttech site. I see they have all the T6's marked as discontued.

HD

13. inswva

inswva Do you even squonk, bro? Verified Member ECF Veteran

And the T8's.

14. Nikkita6

Nikkita6 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 7, 2011
    New York
    Sorry, but you can absolutely increase current independent of voltage, and it is done in regulated DC power supply quite frequently. You should research this topic a little more. Google "low voltage/high current DC power supply". And for the record Ohm Law supports this as well, so go try it on your favorite Ohm laws calculator. Wattage output can be maintained or increased in the face of a voltage limitation, so long as the current is increased to an equal proportion.

If battery voltage can be regulated and boosted above 4.2v, what makes you think that the same is not possible for current? Now I am not saying that Cloupor was successful in accomplishing this, but I am saying it absolutely possible.

15. ChrisCanal

Jul 22, 2014
    Denver, CO, USA
    And I will say for the record I believe this device works exactly as advertised.

16. popwarhomie

popwarhomie Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 26, 2014
    Jacksonville FL
    But an inline volt meter on it and see what it reads.

Multiple people have and prove it does not do 100 watts.

I have a T6 and like it but I'm not happy it doesn't do what they claim.

17. ChrisCanal

Jul 22, 2014
    Denver, CO, USA
    But it adjusts voltage based on resistance to get to the wattage you set it to. So you really can't test it that way. People have tested in incorrectly from what I have read here. That is all. As an owner of one, what exactly have you noticed it not doing that it claims? I have used it quite a bit and have no doubt it is putting out way more than 45 watts when I set it above 45 watts. You do have to stay within the limits it has however. If you are trying to put a 0.2 ohm rda on it and setting it to 100w, you are going to be over the Amp limit. So it fires at lower power as a safety. If you put on an rda at around 0.6 or so and set it to 100w, it will putout 100w.

18. ChrisCanal

Jul 22, 2014
    Denver, CO, USA
    Edit... I assume this, as I don't actually vape at 100watts. But i have used ipv2s and can attest it puts out at least as much. Why would they think they could get away with selling a 45w device as a 100w device anyway? I'm kind of done with this thread at this point. Enjoy whatever you are vaping on as long as it's not smoking cigarettes. I will continue to use this t6 among my others.

19. OthatGuy

OthatGuy Moved On ECF Veteran

Oct 15, 2014
    Westcoast
    Search this thread for the word scope. You'll find results for actual readings from a real measuring device regarding the actual power these are putting out. ..pretty far off imo..sorry

20. ChrisCanal

Jul 22, 2014
    Denver, CO, USA
    Checked entire thread. They put a T5 on a scope and it was perfect. T5 is not PWM. T6 is PWM. Nothing in this thread or anywhere else shows actual facts for the output of this device. Imo...sorry. Show me quote somewhere of numbers from a T6 on a scope.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.