Cloupor T6 100W

Status
Not open for further replies.

rusirius

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2014
DE
I dunno someone is going to have to hook this thing up to a scope to really see whats going on.

I'd be more than happy to do it, but honestly? I'm not buying the T6! LOL And unfortunately not the T8 either now that they changed to spec down to 7v.. :( I suspected when I first saw the reports here that they were using PWM. PWM is very hard to measure without a good true-RMS meter. A typically DMM will only show it's average voltage which isn't the true RMS power being delivered by the pulse. A scope is the only way to be able to truly see what's going on, but even if someone had a good Fluke with true-RMS the could at least get fairly accurate readings to know if it's close...

What's still odd to me is that they use constant DC in the T5 but apparently went to PWM in the T6 and T8... Just seems odd, especially since I'd have expected them to use the same chip they designed with different programming and maybe a couple small component changes. Not a complete re-engineer of their power circuit.

Bionic

Apr 23, 2013
sweden
Assuming it uses no modulation you can reach 50w if you carry around a backpack of MNKE's connected to it, results are still negligible with this many batteries and I find it rather peculiar that it sag much more just by coiling resistance lower, to a point it will barely light up.. oh we'll, here's the results on my device at least.

dual coil 0.31 ohm
internal meter set @100w @5.5v - external meter 3.19v 32w

dual coil 0.31 ohm with external sled of 2 extra MNKE's
internal meter set @100w @5.6v - external meter 3.36v 36w

single coil 1.07 ohm
internal meter set @100w @9.3v - external meter 7.0v 45w

single coil 1.07 ohm with external sled of 2 extra MNKE's
internal meter set @100w @9.3v - external meter 7.35v 50w

rusirius

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2014
DE
Assuming it uses no modulation you can reach 50w if you carry around a backpack of MNKE's connected to it, results are still negligible with this many batteries and I find it rather peculiar that it sag much more just by coiling resistance lower, to a point it will barely light up.. oh we'll, here's the results on my device at least.

dual coil 0.31 ohm
internal meter set @100w @5.5v - external meter 3.19v 32w

dual coil 0.31 ohm with external sled of 2 extra MNKE's
internal meter set @100w @5.6v - external meter 3.36v 36w

single coil 1.07 ohm
internal meter set @100w @9.3v - external meter 7.0v 45w

single coil 1.07 ohm with external sled of 2 extra MNKE's
internal meter set @100w @9.3v - external meter 7.35v 50w

Actually the numbers you're quoting sound pretty close to right with averaging. In a pure sine wave 9.3v will be 6.58v average. (peak * 1/sqrt(2)). 5.5v will be 3.89v average. Again, that's on a pure sine wave. It's impossible to calculate on a PWM square wave without knowing the frequency. Regardless it sounds to me like it's probably outputting exactly what it says it is.

brian5470

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2010
Trenton, Ohio, United States
Actually the numbers you're quoting sound pretty close to right with averaging. In a pure sine wave 9.3v will be 6.58v average. (peak * 1/sqrt(2)). 5.5v will be 3.89v average. Again, that's on a pure sine wave. It's impossible to calculate on a PWM square wave without knowing the frequency. Regardless it sounds to me like it's probably outputting exactly what it says it is.

I asked the person that responded to me from Clopour what the pulse width frequency is but who knows if she will reply again.

brian5470

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2010
Trenton, Ohio, United States
I still can't figure out why the resistance on the screen keeps flashing at me with a 0.30 ohm atty at 75 watts? In the instructions it says if that is flashing you need to turn it up well I went all the way to 100 watts and its still flashing? lol It really seems like there is some kind of miss-communication between the display and the cpu!

Fictitious Character

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2014
USA
I still can't figure out why the resistance on the screen keeps flashing at me with a 0.30 ohm atty at 75 watts? In the instructions it says if that is flashing you need to turn it up well I went all the way to 100 watts and its still flashing? lol It really seems like there is some kind of miss-communication between the display and the cpu!

Sounds glitchy as hell. What is the lowest the t6 fires at?

Jiggity-J

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Long Beach, Ca
If anybody's wondering how it looks skinned, here is a white carbon fiber skin from Jwraps. It removed the button rattle, haha.
t6skin.jpg

Jiggity-J

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Long Beach, Ca
Every time I got to Jwraps site I don't see the T6 listed??

Edit: Never mind I just looked again and its there now. lol

Vaporskinz.com does wraps for the T6 now also. I would have probably went with Vaporskinz if I knew they were making them, as I've had some some wraps turn out not so great from JWraps. The wrap I got from JWraps came out great and cutouts are perfect.

mgmrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
New York
Cloupors.jpg

I don't know what this means but just by chance I had them both at the same on puff counter and batteries are almost equal. I am using a 4800 mah 26650 in the t6 and two 3100 mah 18650's in the t8. I have not ran the t8 dead yet but twice with the t6 first time was 536 puffs and the second time was 477 puffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread