Cloupor T6 100W

Status
Not open for further replies.

rusirius

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2014
DE
Well now that T5 runs pretty accurate! See that makes me think this whole thing is bad programming. Thanks for doing that test for us!!

Yeah, I honestly just don't get it. The T5 update turned into a nightmare for them because they didn't have software limiting for amperage draw. So you had folks trying to run toppers below .6 ohm and cranking it to 75W and burning up their wires... So learning from that it makes sense that they would put some software limiting in place to prevent people from doing that with the T6 and T8. But even if that was the case, the way it's acting (at least the T6 from what I've seen in this post) doesn't make any sense... It's not cutting off at a certain point to avoid over current... It's just reduced almost all the way across the board. The sad part is, knowing Cloupor, I'd be VERY surprised if they ever fix it. Once the whole mess with the T5 happened, despite the new firmware actually being REALLY good, they pretty much just crap-canned the whole thing. They could have easily programmed in some software limits for amperage, and maybe made the hot-shot adjustable or at least able to be disabled. With those two simple changes they could have re-released the new firmware and had it be everything anyone could ever ask it to be. But instead they just canned it and moved on. FWIW I run the new 75W firmware on mine and love it... If I run a topper that's less than .6 ohm (which I almost never do anyway since I like large surface area builds at high voltage) I lock the power just to make sure it doesn't accidentally get bumped up and exceed 10A. Otherwise it's one of my favorite mods.

brian5470

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2010
Trenton, Ohio, United States
Yeah, I honestly just don't get it. The T5 update turned into a nightmare for them because they didn't have software limiting for amperage draw. So you had folks trying to run toppers below .6 ohm and cranking it to 75W and burning up their wires... So learning from that it makes sense that they would put some software limiting in place to prevent people from doing that with the T6 and T8. But even if that was the case, the way it's acting (at least the T6 from what I've seen in this post) doesn't make any sense... It's not cutting off at a certain point to avoid over current... It's just reduced almost all the way across the board. The sad part is, knowing Cloupor, I'd be VERY surprised if they ever fix it. Once the whole mess with the T5 happened, despite the new firmware actually being REALLY good, they pretty much just crap-canned the whole thing. They could have easily programmed in some software limits for amperage, and maybe made the hot-shot adjustable or at least able to be disabled. With those two simple changes they could have re-released the new firmware and had it be everything anyone could ever ask it to be. But instead they just canned it and moved on. FWIW I run the new 75W firmware on mine and love it... If I run a topper that's less than .6 ohm (which I almost never do anyway since I like large surface area builds at high voltage) I lock the power just to make sure it doesn't accidentally get bumped up and exceed 10A. Otherwise it's one of my favorite mods.

I really hope they don't sweep this one under the rug like the T5. It would be a wonderful mod if they just update the programming.

metamorf

Jun 21, 2014
indonesia
Well, i adressing this issue to 4 email of cloupor.1 email (as a bulk order buyer) to personal sales person known as linda and/or rita, and 3 email listed in their website.
only sales person who replied me. and as expected they dont know about the problem (or pretending it) as it's outside technical area of theirs. FYI cloupor have low customer response in baba, only around 35%.

and also it seems cloupor not advertise T6 anymore for wholesaler. i got it in new product inquiry. only T8, ZNA50, T5, and GI100w offered. i don't know maybe it's just me.

come on cloupor, what happened ?
with recently difference spec (14V max to 7.6V for T8, took updatable feature and Wireless from T6) and incredibly slow response for aftersales.

metamorf

Jun 21, 2014
indonesia
That's strange that they offered you T5's as they took it off their website and posted on Facebook that they were out of stock and were not going to produce anymore.

than called it mystery company called cloupor. lol. with many question unanswered from T5 update till now T6 problem or maybe T8
just want to know how many people here have a same problem with their T6

brian5470

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2010
than called it mystery company called cloupor. lol. with many question unanswered from T5 update till now T6 problem or maybe T8
just want to know how many people here have a same problem with their T6

I know I have the issue and at least one or two more people on this thread do.

I got the same problem. The most watts I've tried to push is 44 watts. What I suspect is it is the same exact chip board of the T5 disguised as being more powerful.

I have yet to see anyone claim that they feel their T6 is hitting even close to 100W.

I have always felt that Cloupor exaggerates their wattage; 40 to 45 watts for a 50W chip sounds about right for them. Perhaps it is just the T5 50W chip that never got a boost.

The sad thing is that if they would have just advertised this as a 50W device I probably still would have bought it and been happy with it.

metamorf

Jun 21, 2014
indonesia
Ok. My sales representative is pop out this statement

Hi,

Pls check the below answers for your questions:
1.The output for T6 is PWM control.U can't get an accurate data with a digital voltagemeter.
2.To get an actual high wattage or not,battery is a very important factor.
3.There are three possibilities for battery to burn out:
a.too hot
b.over-charge
c.over-discharge
With too strong current for a long time,your battery will be easily damaged.And it is not safe to u as well.
To avoid the damage and threat that may bring by over-discharge,we use PWM control.
Pls understand.Thanks.

Warm regards,
Fiona

so that's mean t6 using PWM control instead DC-DC converter ? is this the source of problem ?

brian5470

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2010
Ok. My sales representative is pop out this statement

so that's mean t6 using PWM control instead DC-DC converter ? is this the source of problem ?

Usually PWM wont even register a reading on my voltage meter wont even light it up but I guess we wont know really till someone puts it on an oscilloscope.

Anyone have access to one that has a T6??

Last edited:

metamorf

Jun 21, 2014
indonesia
there's an update from fiona

Hi,

Sorry,i guess i didn't explain to u clearly yet.

1. T6 is DC-DC PWM control system ,the simple digital voltagemeter can not get accurate data , just an AVG , so u must use a professional tester .

2.U know , the power of battery drops quickly,especially high with voltage .T6 can achieve the high voltage at the peak of PWM system if the battery power is enough.

But after the battery weaken ,it can’t reach the high voltage continuously only because of the battery capacity itself .

So for safety and vaping experience , we just cut down a voltage level in case of stop vaping,rather than show check battery or low battery like other high wattage mods.

3.Battery will be burnt out within three situations:

a.too hot

b.over-charge

c.over-discharge

So we use this plan in case of the terrible issues that may bring by over-discharge.

Enjoy your day.

Warm regards,

Fiona

ok, but how about freshly battery and low watt setting ?

brian5470

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2010
I got an answer from them finally which is pretty much the same thing posted above:

Hello Friend:

Thanks for your email.

Glad to heard your are professional in this area.
I am happy with your research.

Here is reply about your questions.
1.T6 as DC-DC PWM control system ,the simple digital voltage meter can not get accurate data , just AVG.

2.As you know , the power voltage of battery drops quickly when setting a very high wattage when using, if the battery power is enough ,
we can get the high voltage at the peak of PWM system .
But when the battery weaken ,it can’t continuously reach the high wattage setting, because of the battery ability itself limited.

At this situation,other company high wattage mod directly cut off the mod working,you even can not vaping.
Their mod screen will show ”low battery” or “check battery” at this kind of situation.

for safety and keep vapor vaping experience , we just cut down a voltage level in case of stop vaping.

there are 3 situation will cause the battery explode.

A.the outside/inside circumstance of the battery is too hot
b.over-charge
c.over-discharge

So we use this way to avoid over-discharge battery which may bring terrible issues .
Safety and good vaping experience should be the first and most important consideration when using.

More question, please let me know.
Best Regards
Rita -- Cloupor

Bionic

Apr 23, 2013
sweden
Will add more amperage an check but I do use an ordinary voltmeter

2n733t4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread