• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Cloupor's new toy - the T5

Status
Not open for further replies.

AustinOwens

Mar 31, 2014
Ashland
I have the t5 and love it. I was chatting with a tech from cloupor on Facebook last night and asked him about the 100 and 150 watt box that was released yesterday I said " do they have the same tough sturdy chip as the t5"? I said it like that hoping he would take the bait, he did. He said "yes same chip but replaceable in t6 and t8". SO that COULD mean, "could", that the software upgrade on September 16th could be up too 150 watts, maybe more depending on how they built it BUT with one 18650 unless the have a nuclear battery they are also going to send new owners, battery life will not be good.

Cloupor T5, Aspire nautilus, Starship 1 by Space Jam

Brooksie967

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2014
Greenwood, Nova Scotia, Canada
I've had mine for less than a day and the clear hard black plastic cover has fallen off. Tech from cloupor in facebook said "you can use it without, its just to look cool"... well the cover holds the wattage buttons in place and without it the chip is exposed.

I havent even put the thing in my pocket. .. tech said "just use some glue to reattach it".. FB_IMG_1409255285469.jpg

This is a picture of the cover just starting to separate. .. it's now fully off.

Last edited:

ashishsonileo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Herndon
I've had mine for less than a day and the clear hard black plastic cover has fallen off. Tech from cloupor in facebook said "you can use it without, its just to look cool"... well the cover holds the wattage buttons in place and without it the chip is exposed.

I havent even put the thing in my pocket. .. tech said "just use some glue to reattach it".. View attachment 369054

This is a picture of the cover just starting to separate. .. it's now fully off.

Even my clear black plastic came off after 1 week, but it was because I dropped it on a hard floor. However its not too difficult to re stick it with the glue. The T5 now works perfectly fine.

ashishsonileo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Herndon
Yes it does but because while charging the chip can't provide the safety protections it has built in making the t5 superior to any mod out there. Sry I'm in love with this thing

Cloupor T5, Aspire Nautilus, Starship 1 by Space Jam

I tried but the fire button is disabled while charging.

AustinOwens

Mar 31, 2014
Ashland
[QU OTE=ashishsonileo;14044028]I tried but the fire button is disabled while charging.[/QUOTE]

I should have worded my statement better. Yes I know it's disabled. Cloupor told me they do this because the chip has safety measures built in to it and to vape while charging is actually dangerous to any mod chip because it can't monitor the charging process and vaping process at the same time. You run the risk of burning up your mod.

AustinOwens

Mar 31, 2014
Ashland
If I leave the power on while charging it won't hit 100% BUT if I charge with power off it'll get to 100%. weird.

You know what your right. Mine did the same thing this morning. I woke up and it said charging and I unplugged it to check the level and it said 99%. I turned it off and three minutes later it said full power. May be a software fluke. I will report it and maybe they can add it to the list of software fixes being released on September 16th.

AustinOwens

Mar 31, 2014
Ashland
If you think about it, if it's using power it can never be 100% ;)

The power the charge circuit produces is more than enough to charge battery to full power and run the display. Cloupor emailed me back to say "we are aware issue. Update will fix it and many other". So I guess we wait till the 16th. I bet what is happening is like you were saying in a sense, with the power, the software isn't physically separating the battery from the chip while charging. I would imagine the update will tell a transistor to disconnect the battery from the chip and charge it and to just run the chip off the charger.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread