Code Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightNurse

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2010
SE Michigan
My Chuck seems to have died...

It was vaping just fine, no problems. I was using cartomizers at 6V today, puffing away happily, then decided to put on a new HV 801 atty (which I've used w/out problems before on the Chuck). I put the adapter and atty on, pushed the button... and nothing. Pushed the button again... and nothing. Hmmm, Chuck feels warm... took batteries out, and they were HOT.

(These are the batteries I've been using w/no problems: LINK)

Tried my 2nd set of batteries... still nothing (but I didn't let them get hot)

Thought maybe it was the batteries, because I use both sets in constant rotation - and I was also wondering if leaving them on the charger too long after the light turns green could have damaged them? So I now have my brand-new, out of the package batteries on the charger.

Meanwhile...

Tried switching back to adapter w/cartomizer... nothing.

Jiggled Chuck around a little bit... got a few puffs... then nothing. This happened with both the HV atty and cartomizer.

(btw, Chuck is a 501, and I have the 801 and 901 adapters for it)

Tried CTJ's fix of checking the atty contact in case it was that... nope.

Cleaned all contacts with a clean q-tip... nothing.

What to do??? :confused: Any/all of your wise input would be MUCH appreciated! I'm lost without my Chuck.... waaahhhhhhh....

stevej2k

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Virginia
Adapter turning? If you can't use an adapter how can you use an atty? If the battery connection is that weak, it's useless. I ordered mine with a 510 connector, in the weeks after I switched to cartomizers and then to 801s and BE112s. I haven't even tried a 510 on it. There is no more force from an adapter then there is from screwing on an atomizer.

stevej2k

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Virginia
Do you have another adapter? Or a another type of atomiser? All these things come from diffrent factories. I have noticed some carts don't work on some atomisers and some of those work on my screwdriver but not on my SB or chuck even though they seem to fit. I've had adapters that work on one battery but not on the other.
Good luck, I can certainly understand how hard it would be to have to send your chuck back after the long wait to get it.:)

NightNurse

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2010
SE Michigan
Do you have another adapter? Or a another type of atomiser? All these things come from diffrent factories. I have noticed some carts don't work on some atomisers and some of those work on my screwdriver but not on my SB or chuck even though they seem to fit. I've had adapters that work on one battery but not on the other.
Good luck, I can certainly understand how hard it would be to have to send your chuck back after the long wait to get it.:)

Yep, tried it with both adapters - the 501/801 w/an 801 HV atty, and the 501/901 w/cartomizer - neither worked.

Houdini

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Las Vegas
Adapter turning? If you can't use an adapter how can you use an atty? If the battery connection is that weak, it's useless. I ordered mine with a 510 connector, in the weeks after I switched to cartomizers and then to 801s and BE112s. I haven't even tried a 510 on it. There is no more force from an adapter then there is from screwing on an atomizer.
What I meant in that thread is the connector on the Chuck that the atty screws on to. I don't know how Jeff attaches it but if it comes loose and is able to turn while the atty is being screwed on then the wires will detach. A lot of people call it an adapter so that's why I did. A real adapter is a piece that screws on to that connector and has threads for a different atty to convert it from one atty to another. I've read stories in the past that they sometimes short circuit the works. I have one myself and although I don't use it I have tried it and it worked.

NightNurse

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2010
SE Michigan
What I meant in that thread is the connector on the Chuck that the atty screws on to. I don't know how Jeff attaches it but if it comes loose and is able to turn while the atty is being screwed on then the wires will detach. A lot of people call it an adapter so that's why I did. A real adapter is a piece that screws on to that connector and has threads for a different atty to convert it from one atty to another. I've read stories in the past that they sometimes short circuit the works. I have one myself and although I don't use it I have tried it and it worked.

I checked the connector, it seems pretty tight in there like it wouldn't turn when attaching an adaptor, so idk...

JamBandPhan

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
OR
OH NO! I'm sorry you are already having issues, I just read the other thread about a chuck not working, and a couple of other people are having the same problem. I am concerned because I ordered 2 little chucks, and planned to use them with adapters. I know ya'll have not had yours very long. The only up side is that Jeff is willing to let you send them back for repair. I hope you are able to get this resolved quickly.

NightNurse

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2010
SE Michigan
OH NO! I'm sorry you are already having issues, I just read the other thread about a chuck not working, and a couple of other people are having the same problem. I am concerned because I ordered 2 little chucks, and planned to use them with adapters. I know ya'll have not had yours very long. The only up side is that Jeff is willing to let you send them back for repair. I hope you are able to get this resolved quickly.

Jeff already PM'd me, so it will be sent to the hospital on Monday...

TheLizinator

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
Aww NightNurse, I am in the same boat with you and I feel your pain. I'm here with only a 510 passthrough that is pathetic after vaping my Chuck. I'm going over to my local vapor shop next week to see about getting a box mod to hold in reserve in case my Chuck goes belly-up again. Sad, sad, sad...

...hang in there, Chuck will be back and making clouds of vapor before you know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread