Coffee flavor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
Yes, it's dark. It's straining now through the coffee filter. I'm going to let it strain overnight and try some mixing in the morning. Does it need to steep after it's been mixed?
As for steeping, I just give it a warm bath for 10 minutes, to melt the vg, then I shock it with a ice cold bath for 5 minutes...

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Yes, it's dark. It's straining now through the coffee filter. I'm going to let it strain overnight and try some mixing in the morning. Does it need to steep after it's been mixed?

I use mine at 3% and my juice is almost clear and has plenty of flavor. My favorite so far is the one that I make from Ghiradelli Chocolate Caramel Coffee. I picked up some sample bags of the Millstone in different flavors to try soon too. I love my Choco Caramel Coffee and it has been my ADV since I made it :)

Reactions: kross8

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Here is her post... the caramel cappaccino from PA is $1.40.. you will NEVER have to buy another bottle! One site, they warn you that this flavor is very very strong and they mean it LOL.. I used just one tiny drop in a 7ml bottle.

I made this last nite and I think I'm in Love, LOL. Thanks Salemgold and Donnah ..
This is what I made
10 ml @ 12 mg nic 75/25 pg/vg. I then added 1 drop of caramel cappuccino from PA and 5 drops of vanilla swirl from PA. It is sooo good.. I can't speak for anyone else, but for me I am discovering that less is more. This is pretty close to what I used to buy from Vermillion River ~ caramelized cappuccino but so much better. Because it is still clear it will be much easier on my ce2's and carto tanks than the store bought is.. I am a very happy camper/diyer

You are welcome but it was actually another member here that came up with this extraction :) There is a thread about it somewhere on the forum. I just started out using the flavored coffees and they are the bomb.

I use PA Caramel Cappuccino at 1% or 1 drop per 10 ml by itself.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
I'll have to try this extraction method. I love coffee vapes.

It is good and taste just like it does when you drink it. I like cream in my coffee and use FA Fresh Cream or PA Sweet Cream in the plain coffee flavor. It is much better than any of the flavoring that I have tried IMO. and so easy/cheap to make.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Cool, I have both of those cream flavors. So are we talking about whole beans, or ground coffee? Or does it matter?

If you use whole beans it takes days so I use ground. Fill 1/2 a 30 ml glass bottle with the ground coffee. Fill to top with PG. Microwave for 10 seconds. The coffee will have absorbed the PG so fill the bottle back up with PG after you remove from microwave. Set the bottle in a cup of hot water for about 20 minutes. Put a paper coffee filter over a glass or cup (I clip it to the side with a chip clip to keep the filter suspended) pour the mixture into the filter and let it drain into the cup/glass for several hours.

PS The longer you let it drain the more flavoring you will get in the end.
It is ready to use right away.

Edit- One more thing- do not cap the bottle before nuking and no more than 10 seconds :)

Last edited:

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
can this extraction be done with VG instead of PG?

Yes but you might have to leave it in the cup of hot water longer. The person that first made this used VG and put the bottle in a cup of boiling water after she took it out of the microwave.
With the PG I just use very hot tap water.

rkayw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2011
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
You might have those little sample bags of Millstone at your local store. They are $1.49 each in my area and just right for making these flavors. I got French Vanilla, French Vanilla Butternut Cream and Caramel Truffle to try.

Yes, we do have them in our stores. Usually a nice selection stocked. Last time I looked they had some fall/winter flavors as well.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Here is where I first found out about it-

wizard10000

Blog Entries

Default extracted my own coffee this morning

Yeah, it's a simple extraction but I'd never extracted anything before and it turned out pretty well

I have some 80%VG/20% DW I keep around so I don't have to thin VG all the time. Filled a 30ml glass bottle 2/3 of the way up with a pretty good French roast I had, topped it off with the VG mix and stuck it in the microwave for ten seconds (I watched it closely - more than ten seconds and I'd have had a mess) then let it sit for maybe fifteen minutes. The coffee grounds absorbed all the VG.

After that I boiled a pot of water, topped off the 30ml bottle with more of the VG mix, took the pot of water off the stove and set the open bottle neck-deep in hot water and let it steep for another half hour then strained the result through a coffee filter into a graduated flask, which actually took quite awhile and I ended up with 15ml of VG-based coffee extract.

Got a dropper and dripped a drop or two onto a 510 atty and it did indeed taste like coffee - so I whipped up a test batch of coffee/bavarian cream/chocolate/caramel that turned out to be a pretty tasty vape after juggling ratios a little bit.

So - I've got 15ml of a pretty good coffee extract and a way to reproduce it fairly consistently. Like I said it's a pretty simple extraction but I was pretty proud of myself

Reactions: kross8

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Yes, we do have them in our stores. Usually a nice selection stocked. Last time I looked they had some fall/winter flavors as well.

You are lucky than! I wanted to try more flavors but our selection was limited. I bet that the Dunkin Doughnuts Pumpkin Spice would be good but I don't want a whole bag to try it as I don't think I would like to drink it as much as vape it.

rkayw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2011
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
You are lucky than! I wanted to try more flavors but our selection was limited. I bet that the Dunkin Doughnuts Pumpkin Spice would be good but I don't want a whole bag to try it as I don't think I would like to drink it as much as vape it.

If ours still has some I will pick up some extra for you and mail it to you.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
If ours still has some I will pick up some extra for you and mail it to you.

Awe that is very nice of you to offer but I think that I might find it at our local Publix. I have not looked there yet and they usually have a better selection. Thank you though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread