The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Coffee flavor

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by John57davis, Oct 16, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. John57davis

John57davis New Member

Oct 16, 2018
    I had seen something on here about someone taking coffee grounds and soaking them in PG, then straining it through cheese cloth or something similar to produce a coffee flavored e-juice.
    Can anyone elaborate on this process? Does it work? Is it safe?
    New to this site as well as the DIY process and looking for information. Any advice greatly appreciated.
    Thx

2. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    That wouldn’t be a coffee flavored ejuice, that would be cold press coffe syrup AS ejuice

3. dc99

dc99 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 17, 2014
    earth
    Yep, that would be your concentrate and you would mix with it just like any other flavoring. Real trick is, how strong is it and how much do you use?
    I never tried coffee but I have done the tobacco leaves. I just filled a mason jar about 3/4 and filled it with PG. Put the lid on and throw it in the dark for a couple weeks. You can also set it in a pan with a little water on low to speed it up (no lid). To me it was a PITA so I quit doing it

• Like Like x 1
  4. Diver9543

Diver9543 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 26, 2015
    Oklahoma City, OK, USA
    I actually made a coffee concentrate the other night. I took 50 ml of PG and added a heaping tablespoon of course ground Columbian Supreme coffee. After mixing the juice I put it in a mini crockpot with hot water and let it steep for about an hour. I then used a small coffee filter in an aftermarket coffee pod to extract the coffee concentrate. After it had been extracted I had a 30ml concentrate of ejuice. I then added 10% of the concentrate to a 50/50 mixture of PG/VG. I am far from an expert of DIY, however, I think it came out pretty good.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hoggy

Hoggy Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 6, 2013
    WI, USA
    It's generally not recommended to do this due to the oils in coffee. (Lipid pneumonia)
    You would need to use a special type of filter to remove those oils. A coffee filter doesn't count for that, here. ;)

It might not be terribly harmful to do as a one-off experiment, but I would be very weary of regularly doing/using it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.