Coil building issue/question

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I got into building my own coils this past week. Got the Mephisto V2. I built a dual Coil 26guage(I think it's 26) 7/8 wrap at .5ohms. Wicked it like I've seen before, but instead of blowing vape like a smoke stack, it spatters and spits it out. I would like it to produce vapor like it's supposed to.

So is it a problem with the coils or the wicking? ANY HELP APPRECIATED. Thanks!

Boolieman

May 17, 2015
The hardest thing with an RDA is 'what is the best coil'. Every person finds something works better for themselves. Starting at ~ 0.5ohm after working with some of 'sub ohm tank' atomizers is usually a good point. An important thing is to pull on it like you mean it if you do venture this low, experiment with different resistances if this is your first RDA, you will go through lots of wire and wick but will be very glad you did when you find 'that coil' that works for you!

Thanks Boolieman. I have been doing just that. And before I got the RDA I was using the kangertech subtank mini with the .5 ohm coils. I have been experimenting a lot now and found so far a dual 26guage 14 wrap is working nicely. It's .8 ohms. But I just continue to try different things to find my balance point of flavor:cloud ratio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread