Coil Calculator

Status
Not open for further replies.

V8Maverick

Apr 19, 2018
Hi all,

Can someone recommend a good free coil calculator? I'm working on a build that's a bit advanced and well past your normal twisted pair and I want to see where the resistance will end up once I put it all together.

For reference, it's a SS316 build.
32AWG Inner, claptoned with 40AWG outer x 2 running in parallel with a final wrap around the outside of both of them of 0.3x0.1 flat wire.

Thanks in advance

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi all,

Can someone recommend a good free coil calculator? I'm working on a build that's a bit advanced and well past your normal twisted pair and I want to see where the resistance will end up once I put it all together.

For reference, it's a SS316 build.
32AWG Inner, claptoned with 40AWG outer x 2 running in parallel with a final wrap around the outside of both of them of 0.3x0.1 flat wire.

Thanks in advance
What are the limits of the device you are using?
How many cores?

Have you tried Steam Engine?

Cheers
I

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
how much cores you mind there?
vape mod, wattage target?
also... important, batteries and charger?

Since you stated it as little advanced... are ready for advanced battery safety and plenty more? such as mod range, limits, battery capacities and atomizer specs? all that make a number in counts, at lest for me, the wire you listed also does not seems as tiger coils, twsited framed alien or so, so i guess you will be safely aiming for 0.25 to 0.15ohms coils...

Regards,

• Love
Reactions: Izan

V8Maverick

Apr 19, 2018
What are the limits of the device you are using?
How many cores?

Have you tried Steam Engine?

Cheers
I

It's a paraseries mech mod, which is why I have to get the resistance right.
2 cores, but each core is claptoned independently with 40AWG SS and then the two are held together with a 0.3x0.1 flat wire wrap.

According to "Vaping Tool" a single strand of 32AWG claptoned with 40AWG (3mm ID, 5wraps) should hold out at 1.69Ohms, but that tool then doesn't allow me to continue to put this as a dual core with the flatwire wrap / claptoning around the whole thing.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Steam did the biz. Thanks.

Looks like the build I'm doing comes out at around 0.615ohms per coil. I built it on there as a dual core staggered clapton with ribbon wire as the outer.

If you use android, my go to coil app is Vape Tool Pro - there's a free version as well:
    Vape Tool

• Agree
    Reactions: lupinehorror
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread