The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Coil Calculator

Discussion in 'Coil Builds' started by V8Maverick, Jul 9, 2019.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. V8Maverick

V8Maverick Full Member

Apr 19, 2018
    Hi all,

Can someone recommend a good free coil calculator? I'm working on a build that's a bit advanced and well past your normal twisted pair and I want to see where the resistance will end up once I put it all together.

For reference, it's a SS316 build.
    32AWG Inner, claptoned with 40AWG outer x 2 running in parallel with a final wrap around the outside of both of them of 0.3x0.1 flat wire.

Thanks in advance

2. Izan

Izan Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    What are the limits of the device you are using?
    How many cores?

Have you tried Steam Engine?

Cheers
    I

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. P3ch3

P3ch3 Super Member

Jan 31, 2019
    San Jose Costa Rica
    how much cores you mind there?
    vape mod, wattage target?
    also... important, batteries and charger?

Since you stated it as little advanced... are ready for advanced battery safety and plenty more? such as mod range, limits, battery capacities and atomizer specs? all that make a number in counts, at lest for me, the wire you listed also does not seems as tiger coils, twsited framed alien or so, so i guess you will be safely aiming for 0.25 to 0.15ohms coils...

Regards,

• Love Love x 1
  4. V8Maverick

V8Maverick Full Member

Apr 19, 2018
    It's a paraseries mech mod, which is why I have to get the resistance right.
    2 cores, but each core is claptoned independently with 40AWG SS and then the two are held together with a 0.3x0.1 flat wire wrap.

According to "Vaping Tool" a single strand of 32AWG claptoned with 40AWG (3mm ID, 5wraps) should hold out at 1.69Ohms, but that tool then doesn't allow me to continue to put this as a dual core with the flatwire wrap / claptoning around the whole thing.

5. V8Maverick

V8Maverick Full Member

Apr 19, 2018
    Steam did the biz. Thanks.

Looks like the build I'm doing comes out at around 0.615ohms per coil. I built it on there as a dual core staggered clapton with ribbon wire as the outer.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. AngeNZ

AngeNZ Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    If you use android, my go to coil app is Vape Tool Pro - there's a free version as well:
    Vape Tool

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. sonicbomb

sonicbomb Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hunterwasser