Status
Not open for further replies.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
RTA is my next step. Googling info on it right now. Once i have a few left over coils, i am getting a few stuff for RTA and start making a few.

Didn't look too complicated from the YouTube video. But until i make one, cant really say!
Its not hard. Takes a bit of practice though. And thankfully, you get better as you go. The wotofo bravo isnt one that id recommend starting out with just because of the build deck is clamp style and the clamps are underneath the screws as opposed to being on top. It was a little tricky but i managed. I learned building on a dead rabbit rda and a limitless plus rtda before i got my bravo. I have to say though, when you get the bravo right, and i mean nice tight coils and sufficient wicking, it is most awesome. Whenever you feel like you want to try building, go with a dead rabbit or some similar rda first. They are a bit more forgiving of mistakes. And the limitless plus is even easier to build on than the rabbit, plus it has a tank. Just dont lay it down on its side unless you like cleaning up juice, lol. Just the way its made allows it to leak when its not upright. Any questions you have about building coils will get answered many time over in the forum. From the simplest advice to the most complicated technical details. For me, its a nice hobby to tinker with.

hell_storm2004

ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2013
Richardson, Texas, USA
I looked online a bit Wotofo Serpent and Vandy Vape Kylin are two highly recommended ones, there maybe others, my findings are not the extensive at the moment. I only am a little confused about the wire and the gauges and the type and what it does to the vaping experience. I wont call myself a cloud chaser. Mostly the flavor.

Reactions: stols001

Ionori

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2017
    Vandy Vape Kylin
    Vapor Tech Kanthal A1 Wire (24 gauge)
    Wick 'N' Vape Cotton Bacon Prime

Coil Master Coiling Kit V4

Is this a good start?
    I hear the Kylin Mini is really nice for flavor, and it's single coil, so you don't have to worry about getting 2 coils to glow the same way.
    Wire sounds fine, 24Ga SS is the smallest gauge that holds shape really well when working with it, I assume A1 is similar.
    Brand name cotton is a ripoff, but if you want to try rebuilding before comitting to a bag of imported organic japanese cotton, why not?
    I use a simple rod/coil jig instead of a coiling kit, but I've heard good things about Coil Master kits.

Ionori

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2017
    Thanks! I am avoiding the mini because of the it might not hold a decent amount of liquid.
    The Mini holds 5ml with the bubble tank (according to spec), while the regular one holds 6ml with the extended tank+chimney, so liquid capacity shouldn't be a particular concern; in fact, Mini's 5ml single coil may last longer than 6ml dual coil (you can run the Kylin in single coil configuration too, but it looks like the side airflow will mostly shoot past the coil, muting the flavor).
    Also, the Kylin's extended chimney may produce slightly less flavorful, cooler vapor compared to the standard 2ml configuration.

hell_storm2004

ECF Veteran
    Jun 17, 2013
    Richardson, Texas, USA
    giphy.gif

My first attempt!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread