Coilerinas Corner

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
Okay ladies and the occasional gentleman I am currently using a rather large coil for me something I'm not used to and it's dual coil for the Tengu rda. I'm used to itty bitty coils that heat up really fast. However this is making me paranoid the ohms are reading as they should for what they are and neither my ohms reader nor my regulated mod seem to be in any way bothered by the coils however when I'm trying to heat them up on the ohms reader they're making a vibration sound and it's kind of scary. I didn't notice it on the regulated mod I don't know if it did it I'm not really jazzed to put it back on there until I know why it's making the sound so I'm asking here why are they vibrating while I try to heat them up to make sure there's no hotspot.. is this something that happens or is this like an anomaly I imagine it's metal and it's heating up and sometimes that does cause an expansion right but I've never heard anything like this it's minor sounding but it's enough to Spook me

• Love
Reactions: AngeNZ

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
Here's the image they're nothing real pretty but I don't see anything necessarily wrong with them I don't know if this will help. I don't know how to do the video thing so I can't really post that also I don't know how clear that picture is but nothing is touching anything it shouldn't be I've checked there is an angle that it kind of looks like it might be getting close but it's really not
20191205_160737.jpg

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Okay ladies and the occasional gentleman I am currently using a rather large coil for me something I'm not used to and it's dual coil for the Tengu RDA. I'm used to itty bitty coils that heat up really fast. However this is making me paranoid the ohms are reading as they should for what they are and neither my ohms reader nor my regulated mod seem to be in any way bothered by the coils however when I'm trying to heat them up on the ohms reader they're making a vibration sound and it's kind of scary. I didn't notice it on the regulated mod I don't know if it did it I'm not really jazzed to put it back on there until I know why it's making the sound so I'm asking here why are they vibrating while I try to heat them up to make sure there's no hotspot.. is this something that happens or is this like an anomaly I imagine it's metal and it's heating up and sometimes that does cause an expansion right but I've never heard anything like this it's minor sounding but it's enough to Spook me

Ya got me. I’ve never heard coils. Maybe it’s the reader?

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
Ya got me. I’ve never heard coils. Maybe it’s the reader?
I guess I just automatically assumed it was a coils but I will check it with something else later I put everything away for now because I don't know why it's doing that and it's frightening LOL nothing else does that or at least it hasn't it was also really hard to heat it up...

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    Okay ladies and the occasional gentleman I am currently using a rather large coil for me something I'm not used to and it's dual coil for the Tengu RDA. I'm used to itty bitty coils that heat up really fast. However this is making me paranoid the ohms are reading as they should for what they are and neither my ohms reader nor my regulated mod seem to be in any way bothered by the coils however when I'm trying to heat them up on the ohms reader they're making a vibration sound and it's kind of scary. I didn't notice it on the regulated mod I don't know if it did it I'm not really jazzed to put it back on there until I know why it's making the sound so I'm asking here why are they vibrating while I try to heat them up to make sure there's no hotspot.. is this something that happens or is this like an anomaly I imagine it's metal and it's heating up and sometimes that does cause an expansion right but I've never heard anything like this it's minor sounding but it's enough to Spook me

I had a similar problem once before trying to dry fire on my 521.
    I had a triple coil atty with 3 claptons in, the 521 wouldn't fire them and powered up as much as it could.
    Then a bit of a shaking started with the 521. I stopped straight away.
    I checked the battery and noticed it was only at 65% charge so I'm not sure if the low battery caused the problem or if it was that I had too high of a coil mass in my build.
    I pulled the coils out of the atty cos' it scared me a little, so I didn't get a definite verdict.
    Maybe check your battery charge. I hope you can fix the shaking:p

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 19, 2019
    USA
    I had a triple coil atty with 3 claptons in, the 521 wouldn't fire them and powered up as much as it could.
    I checked the battery and noticed it was only at 65% charge so I'm not sure if the low battery caused the problem or if it was that I had too high of a coil mass in my build.
    I pulled the coils out of the atty cos' it scared me a little, so I didn't get a definite verdict.
    I will definitely check it because that makes as much sense as anything sound like a lunatic saying that my coil is basically singing to me but that's what it's doing and I'll check a different coil on the ohms reader to see what that does I'll probably end up just pulling it even though it kind of hurts to do that and maybe even wait until I get my ribbon wire because it'll still give me that surface area but won't be so damn hard to heat up.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I will definitely check it because that makes as much sense as anything sound like a lunatic saying that my coil is basically singing to me but that's what it's doing and I'll check a different coil on the ohms reader to see what that does I'll probably end up just pulling it even though it kind of hurts to do that and maybe even wait until I get my ribbon wire because it'll still give me that surface area but won't be so damn hard to heat up.

If your coils aren't singing to you when you dry burn on a regulated mod, then you have nothing to be worried about :wub:

Just use the reg. mod to finish your build and wicking on. Turn the mod off once you start wicking - I did the absolutely perfect wicking job ever one time. And after accidentally hitting the fire button, I scorched the hell out of it :D

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 19, 2019
    USA
    So I understand now why it was so hard to heat the darn coil my battery wasnt fully charged. The combination of the vibration sound and the fact it was so hard to heat up really made me nervous I put in a new battery it glowed as it was supposed to fairly quickly and evenly though it did still make a slight twanging noise. I tried a different deck and it didn't do it but it was a less bulky coil. Thank you for the suggestion because that helped a lot.

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 19, 2019
    USA
    If your coils aren't singing to you when you dry burn on a regulated mod, then you have nothing to be worried about :wub:

Just use the reg. mod to finish your build and wicking on. Turn the mod off once you start wicking - I did the absolutely perfect wicking job ever one time. And after accidentally hitting the fire button, I scorched the hell out of it :D
    Good call on turning the mod off! I was trying to heat it up on a less than charged battery and that was what was making it so hard to heat lol. Derp.. thanks for the suggestion I'm probably going to do exactly that. Thanks!

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    So I understand now why it was so hard to heat the darn coil my battery wasnt fully charged. The combination of the vibration sound and the fact it was so hard to heat up really made me nervous I put in a new battery it glowed as it was supposed to fairly quickly and evenly though it did still make a slight twanging noise. I tried a different deck and it didn't do it but it was a less bulky coil. Thank you for the suggestion because that helped a lot.

I'm glad it helped and you got it sorted out:p

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    I'm glad it helped and you got it sorted out:p
    So does this mean you identify as a Coilerina? :eek: j/k ya

Ya done good! :thumb:

Those big boys in the other thread only laugh at my little coils anyway:oops:
    Let them laugh, you already know it's all in how you use it (them). :lol:

I hope the blokes will explain it better for me ;) but I've found the 1mm * 0.14mm ramps up and cools down far quicker than the thicker 0.68mm * 0.27mm
    You answered yourself. ;)

I'm happy if the blokes wanna post here, the more the merrier - as long as they don't mind the thread title :lol:
    If a bloke isn't comfortable posting here ... it speaks volumes about them. Just sayin' :w00t:

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    So does this mean you identify as a Coilerina? :eek: j/k ya

Ya done good! :thumb:

Let them laugh, you already know it's all in how you use it (them). :lol:

You answered yourself. ;)

If a bloke isn't comfortable posting here ... it speaks volumes about them. Just sayin' :w00t:

It's official, I'm a Coilerina:wub:
    I'm even using pink coloured wick now:w00t:

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread