Coilerinas Corner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
These are very important to have than regular pliers. Helps tame wire without damaging anything

711GcO6F8rL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Cousin-4469-...KH4SGE645KP&psc=1&refRID=DE59DQ46ZKH4SGE645KP

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Don't. Unless you're very, very handy, stick to twisted round wire or spools of premade Claptons.
    Although it's easier to get your Claptons precoiled and ready to vape. I don't wind unless I absolutely need to.

Yeah, I use spools of fused clapton. But I'm currently enjoying flat wire. And the only tool needed for that is:
    71Tf9fpMvvL._SL1500_.jpg

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Yeah, I use spools of fused clapton. But I'm currently enjoying flat wire. And the only tool needed for that is:
    View attachment 849391
    Ahhhhh, my favorite tool. In the useless info category, did you know that the first appearance of a tool used as a hammer was 3.3 million years ago. Yeah, me neither. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Reactions: Blitzdonlife

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I successfully wound a 30ga stainless coil last week. That was something of a miracle.

I'll say :thumb:

I got ss316l 0.5mm * 0.1mm flat wire last week. It is like wrapping a coil with curling ribbon :D Springy as hell and thin as hell :lol:

But I am determined to get one vapable coil from it - it is my mission impossible for the week :cool:

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    Ok us women have been building and installing coils since way back in the olden days of gennies - and there's plenty more of us now :wub:

I figured we could do with a thread to chat - yeah I know shock horror :shock: and help each other out with building tips - especially those new to RDAs and RTAs.

Here's a summons for a few of you: @DeloresRose @Zazie @Letitia @NolaMel @Opinionated @Katya @chanelvaps @Heartsdelight @Fidola13 @muth

But please just join in regardless and invite other coilerinas in :thumb:

I missed this post when I was hospitalized. Love the idea!!

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    And onto wire, flat wire that is - I know @DeloresRose has got her feet wet with it, what's your verdict?

I've been using kanthal 1mm * 0.14mm lately, It's about 1/3 less mass than my previous 0.68mm * 0.27mm coils, but has more surface area:

Here's the 0.68mm * 0.27mm
    2.5mm id 5 wrap coil:
    68mm27mm.jpg

And the 1mm * 0.14mm coil
    2.5mm id 5 wrap coil:
    1mm14mm.jpg

I hope the blokes will explain it better for me ;) but I've found the 1mm * 0.14mm ramps up and cools down far quicker than the thicker 0.68mm * 0.27mm

Here is the 1mm * 0.14mm 3mm id coil in the Recurve RDA:

recurvedeck.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread