Coils Coils Everywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyofskittles

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2013
Norflk, VA
I'm using a DNA20 with a kayfun lite. 1.5 ohm micro coils with cotton. Have a few things rolling around in my head about coils.

Would wrapping a coil on smaller or larger drill bits change the vapor, throat hit, and flavor? If I'm still hitting the same ohms? (Example. 1.5 ohms on a 1mm drill bit vs 2.5mm drill bit)

Is my vapor, throat hit, and flavor going to change by using different gauge wire to reach 1.5 ohms? (Example. 10 wraps of 28 Awg vs 5 wraps of 32awg kanthal both equalling 1.5)

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I'm using a DNA20 with a kayfun lite. 1.5 ohm micro coils with cotton. Have a few things rolling around in my head about coils.

Would wrapping a coil on smaller or larger drill bits change the vapor, throat hit, and flavor? If I'm still hitting the same ohms? (Example. 1.5 ohms on a 1mm drill bit vs 2.5mm drill bit)

Most definitely a different vape experience. Try it and you'll see. I like the smaller diameter coils, but everyone's taste is different. Juice and the power you're vaping at also influences this.

Is my vapor, throat hit, and flavor going to change by using different gauge wire to reach 1.5 ohms? (Example. 10 wraps of 28 Awg vs 5 wraps of 32awg kanthal both equalling 1.5)

Yes again. Thicker wire (lower resistance per inch) will give you a lot more surface area per ohm (and also per watt) than thinner wire. The other variables influence the vape also. Again, experiment with it and you'll get to know what you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread