Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2013
North Carolina
I have a touchwood clone and am loving it, has worked flawlessly for the last couple of months. Tonight I went to change the head on my puritank and the fire button got hot. I immediately took the battery out which was cool by the way and took the top off and noticed the spring had collapsed.
Now I ALWAYS check my heads before using them and I have no idea why I did not his time. Anyway when I went to check it after this happen it was definitely the coil that shorted it....thank goodness for the spring.

So my question after all that rambling is, where do I get another collapsible spring for it. It is not a huge spring. I was not sure if it had to be model specific and also it is hard to know what size to get and I want to be sure it is collapsible. I have looked at a couple but just was not sure of the specifics to look for when getting one.

thanks!

Crocky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2013
North Carolina
Google it!

That was very helpful, thanks.....

The issue is I was not sure what particular size as there is no info I could find on it and these springs come in all shapes and sizes and I was hoping maybe someone else that had this experience with this particular mod to see what if any other mod spring would work/fit....

just go to a hardware store and find an all brass spring. this is what all of the hotsprings are made of anyways.

Sigelei Parts

Thanks I will see what I can find. I actually ordered a reo spring which worked fine for about a month then it happened again. Checked the atty and there was not a short so not sure why it keeps happening. If it happens again it will find its way to the trash. The good thing is the springs work!!

Last edited:

Crocky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2013
North Carolina
I tried the ball point pen or the ball point pens I had, but it is too small to fit the connector/thumb switch inside the casing. The connector that the spring fits on is the actually fire button but inside the casing of course :). The bottom part of the spring needs to just barely fit over it. I would say it is about the diameter of air line tubing, maybe slightly smaller.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
there is a good chance the spring is just not beefy enough to handle chain vaping if it is as small as you say, so it has a a higher resistance, gets hot and drops sometimes. if in anyway there is room I would get a fuse and a thick spring.

also I dont know the button but any contacts you can get to may need to be cleaned.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I think Thrasher's recommendation for a Vape Safe Fuse is an excellent idea. There are single use fuses and multiple use fuses which will reset themselves. This should save your springs from collapsing, save your mod, and possibly you from a bad accident.

What still remains to be answered is why your spring collapsed in the first place? Something's not right in North Carolina.

X6X8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Paris, Tx, USA
I have a touchwood clone and am loving it, has worked flawlessly for the last couple of months. Tonight I went to change the head on my puritank and the fire button got hot. I immediately took the battery out which was cool by the way and took the top off and noticed the spring had collapsed.
Now I ALWAYS check my heads before using them and I have no idea why I did not his time. Anyway when I went to check it after this happen it was definitely the coil that shorted it....thank goodness for the spring.

So my question after all that rambling is, where do I get another collapsible spring for it. It is not a huge spring. I was not sure if it had to be model specific and also it is hard to know what size to get and I want to be sure it is collapsible. I have looked at a couple but just was not sure of the specifics to look for when getting one.

thanks!

As a last resort, you might try McMaster-Carr. They can supply anything, almost.

McMaster-Carr

Crocky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2013
North Carolina
Thanks all! You are right I am not sure why it collapsed this time around because I checked the tank on my resistance checker (whatever that thingy is called) and it was just fine. The first time it was because there was a short in the coil.....I did not check it prior to putting it on there and knew better. This time though I have no idea. Chain vaping, yes, it could be as it was working fine with this tank for several days then not. I almost don't want to test fate again with it, perhaps something internal is not lined up like it should be. There is not much there so, not a lot to go wrong.

As for where I got it woodenjester, I bought it from a member in the classies, he had a few new ones. I do think vapor beast sells them as well though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread