The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.
  1. Dear Guest, 

ECF will be down for an extended period Tuesday 25th January from 6am central / 7am Eastern. 

This is due to a server migration. With any luck we'll by open by lunchtime. Thanks in advance for your patience :)

@low_tar_neil

Dismiss Notice

Colored 808 cartos?

Discussion in 'KR808D-1' started by Kellycat, Jul 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Kellycat

Kellycat Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 3, 2013
    Cary, NC, USA
    Anybody know where to get cartomizers in colors besides black, stainless, and white? Preferably unbranded but I'll take what I can get if they have to have logos printed on 'em. I heard Halo supposedly has colored cartos but I only saw pre-filled on their site last time I looked.

Found someone on eBay selling red/white/blue options but no idea how trustworthy they are or what kind of DOA rate there'll be, and they're 5-packs where-as I'd like to buy in a larger quantity, maybe 20-25 at a time. Two or three different colors would be nice, just to color-code what I'm vaping, I've got white V2 blanks and can get black Kangers that I like, but that sticks me with only two flavors unless I start labeling the things individually.

2. Elantis

Elantis ~≈Dragonfly≈~ Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 31, 2012
    Hoosier Cornhusker
  3. Elantis

Elantis ~≈Dragonfly≈~ Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 31, 2012
    Hoosier Cornhusker
  4. Kellycat

Jul 3, 2013
    Cary, NC, USA
    Wow, no clue how I missed the blanks on Halo's site, and the V4L ones look pretty spiffy as well! Thanks for the links :) probably pick up some from Halo to mix and match with those batteries.

5. CookingWithGuns

CookingWithGuns Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 14, 2013
    St. Louis, MO
    The LR Halo blanks are great and will last longer than any other carto in my experience. They have a bunch of colors too

6. Vapo Marx

Vapo Marx Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 20, 2013
    New York
    Unfortunately, Halo's LR blanks are only available in black. But their standard cartomizers come in several colors.

I actually prefer the standard cartos for some flavors (peppermint) while the warmer vapor from the LR cartos is great for tobacco flavors. Both types of Halo cartomizers have performed well for me. They seem to last a long time as long as ya don't vape them dry and burn them.

7. Qew

Qew Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 5, 2012
    Michigan
  8. Vapo Marx

Vapo Marx Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 20, 2013
    New York
    That's cool! Now I can color-code my LR cartos for different flavors.

9. Dac311

Dac311 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 5, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Smokeless image sells cart wraps and colored cart rubber end pieces. These can help with marking flavors. There's also the 808 nano's that colored.

10. Unhooked

Unhooked Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 8, 2012
    Michigan USA
    Keeping track of what flavor is in what carto is a never ending battle.

11. Kellycat

Jul 3, 2013
    Cary, NC, USA
    Yeah, I actually have a site selling unmarked tube-style wraps bookmarked, but it gets annoying applying them every time I change to a fresh carto. Might do that as well just to save on costs, plus as some have pointed out on the LR Halos only being black..easy enough to cut a thin strip and apply around the top of an LR to mark it.

For that matter, could even tag with how many times you've refilled so you can test carto lifespan based on what you're vaping in them..

12. Bob Lion54

Bob Lion54 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 28, 2013
    Louisiana, USA
    I got some of these - Avery File Labels
    You can get them at Office Depot and other office supply places. They have them at Wal-mart, too.
    They work well. The circumference of the 808 cartos (at least Halo's) is 3cm so I do have to cut them, but I can get two cartos labeled per label.

They come out like this:
    [​IMG]
    Pic was to show the size of the G6s, hence the pen, but you can clearly see the labels.

13. Unhooked

Unhooked Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 8, 2012
    Michigan USA
    I totally appreciate what you are doing, I was using a sharpie for a while which rubbed off, so I basically gave up. I don't have the time or energy to do it the way you are doing it at this point, too much of a pain in the backside.

14. Lexagon

Lexagon Full Member Verified Member

Apr 24, 2013
    Cali
    Better late than never! :)

Bloog also offers multiple colors from red to green to blue to purple and more. Or you can buy a multi pack. They aren't cheap, but they do have them.Bloog Blanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.