Come in for the Contest- Look around and get to know everyone :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay- first of all- This is a GREAT place- This forum is amazing- and these people give of themselves so freely that you will be amazed.

That said, you might feel like an outsider when you come in here- you might not want to jump into a thread and just start talking- but would like to get to know others here better- maybe become a member or part of PIF- YOu dont need to worry or be skittish- They have open arms here- I promise- You might feel awkward at first- dont.

I am VERY new here- and these folks are as amazing as they seem. They ARE as genorous as they seem. They dont ask for a thing in return, simply that you PAY IT FORWARD- and respect them.

So, what is your story? what do you want to get out of vaping?

LilOperaGirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2011
Reno, NV
Well, for me, it's to be able to "smoke" minus fire. I have been a hookah smoker for about 6 years, and my fiancé was frustrated because sometimes the coals would pop and send sparks onto our floor. Needless to say, he doesn't want to hookahs in the house cause they've caused some damage to our wood floors. So for me, vamping helps curb my urge to puff and keeps our house safe. :)

And I totally agree. Open arms here. Feel welcome. :)

Lorizgal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2010
Really near the mexican border.
I wanted my step daughter to hug me again and my partner to kiss me again. They both hated the smell of me, my breath and my car. Neither of them wanted to drive with me, be near me, or even want to talk to me. So my partner so one of her co-workers vaping an e-cigarette and then I had one too. I smoked a bit, usually at work, until the last day I had a cigarette which was June 10, 2010. That's the day we will be moving this year. The day we will taking the very last of what we own, putting it all into a truck and leaving this frozen north.
Anyway, even though I have been here with PIF for a rather long time, I still do not always feel comfortable........I still lurk quite a bit, why? I am in fact very shy! Lot's of peeps on this forum and the threads of PIF are quite shy and quite scared to say what you want and do what you want. Lot's of Peeps just lurk and come out when they absolutely have to and ONLY then.

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
Come on in, there are no strangers.
grouphug.gif

Thats why I said what I said Keyzygirl- cause I noticed that lots were lurking reading stuff- but not many were posting in the newbie thread- I thought maybe they were kinda scared it was a cliqueish group- and its not :)

But it can feel that way to someone starting out- not on purpose, some folks are just kinda skittish in new situations- Even me- and I aint shy. LOL . :)

StotheK

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2011
Knoxville
www.stevevape.com
Personally, I like to lurk some to try and get a sense of the overall posture and customs of a given sub group. Then eventually I simply give up and start posting nonsense, like now :)

To answer the original subject of this thread, I started because I've tried every method under the sun to give up the coffin nails, to no avail. I had a few quits lasting upwards a year, but I always came back. Then I found vaping which is a combination of the mannerisms and nicotine of smoking along with gadgets. For me that's a perfect storm so I took to it like a fish to water. I had pretty much given up the smokes within a week or two of getting my first (crappy) starter kit.

StotheK

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2011
Knoxville
www.stevevape.com
Agreed! I actually had someone recommend said starter kit, I quickly found ECF and stepped up to a 510, now I just got an eGo PT, I think I might have a hardware addiction :)

I did trade that original person what was still working from the kit for 30 ml of my favorite juice, so I got some use out of it :) I think she wants to get a 510 now hehe.

I too lurked for a while and then just decided to dive in and join in the fun and it has been great so far.

What I want to get outta vaping has cjanged a bit since I started vaping about two months or so ago. It was on the beginning a way just to quit smoking analogs but thas evolved into a very enjoyable hobby. i am starting to mod and expand my horizons of flavors and hardware from the original 901 I got from a little booth at a flea market a couple months ago.Vaping has eliminated the stinky smoke smell on me and my breath and i don't have to go outside n the dead of winter to smoke. My kids don't tell me i smell like cigs anymore and I love that!

Taniger1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2011
Pasco, Washington
Well, I started vapeing to cut down on my analog use PPD to 1 and 1/2 PPD. I am one of those freaks who ENJOYED smoking (note the past tense). I never PLANNED on quitting analogs. And honestly I havn't totally quit them. I smoke analogs MAYBE on average 1 a day. ( I still have the last carton I bought, and you'll see I'm from WA state, meaning I spent 60 dollars for it) I notice everytime I smoke an analog how NASTY they are LOL. So just by dint of picking up the vaping, I've started quitting.

I am a FIRM believer in passing it on, in fact, I bought 2 full eGo kits for a workmate and my 19 year old daughter. My daughter has a wonderful singing voice (she has won Karoeke contests so it's not just mum's being blind!) and I want her to KEEP that voice, I lost mine and I miss it.

I am a REAL newb, coming into 3 weeks with a carton of analogs minus 3 packs, and grateful I found ECF and perhaps, I can help others out there.

I want to toss a heads up to Vicki over at Cignot.com, for a woman that is business, she sure gives a lot of stuff away!

Lorizgal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2010
Really near the mexican border.
I see no reason to lurk.We are more than friendly,we welcome everyone and all we ask in return is that you yourself try to help others and be a helpful and kind member of this group.Thats it,so join in and have fun.Be kind and respectful and you will be fine.Welcome to PIF!!

It's not that I want to lurk or wanted to lurk in the past, it's because some people are very very shy and until someone helps them out of that - thank you BUG! sometimes we "shy" people just fall back into that, it's not because PIF isn't the best forum on the net, it's because of our own personalities and stuff we can't help. NO offense to anyone on PIF.........just the way I am.......

Codyh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2011
Northen Michigan (TC) USA
Well I have been totally tobacco free for a bit over a month.

Here in Michigan smokes are over $6 a pack, i spent a lot of time reading and over analyzing the whole thing before i started (could have quit months ago if i dove right in). finally found a beginners guide on this site, and went for it.

I wanted to save money and just got sick of feeling beat down 99% of the time. my first week i ended up getting some empty carts, and ran out of supplies; i posted on the newbie area about my plight. the next day i had a response from a local lady who gave me a couple bottles of juice and kept me from falling back on an analog.

now as i gather more and more stuff, I'm ready to give some of my surplus off to help people out.

I am just glad there's a great community like this out here.
Thank you all

rob5482

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
new york
Well, I started vapeing to cut down on my analog use PPD to 1 and 1/2 PPD. I am one of those freaks who ENJOYED smoking (note the past tense). I never PLANNED on quitting analogs. And honestly I havn't totally quit them. I smoke analogs MAYBE on average 1 a day. ( I still have the last carton I bought, and you'll see I'm from WA state, meaning I spent 60 dollars for it) I notice everytime I smoke an analog how NASTY they are LOL. So just by dint of picking up the vaping, I've started quitting.

I am a FIRM believer in passing it on, in fact, I bought 2 full eGo kits for a workmate and my 19 year old daughter. My daughter has a wonderful singing voice (she has won Karoeke contests so it's not just mum's being blind!) and I want her to KEEP that voice, I lost mine and I miss it.

I am a REAL newb, coming into 3 weeks with a carton of analogs minus 3 packs, and grateful I found ECF and perhaps, I can help others out there.

I want to toss a heads up to Vicki over at Cignot.com, for a woman that is business, she sure gives a lot of stuff away!

Ur not a freak at all, I LOVED smoking (not the smell or the taste but the act) which is why I fell in love with vaping. All the same actions but no stink!!!

And yes vicki is a dream !!! got my 1st 510 kit from her and then my ego, she is amazing!

leannebug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
the deep south
It's not that I want to lurk or wanted to lurk in the past, it's because some people are very very shy and until someone helps them out of that - thank you BUG! sometimes we "shy" people just fall back into that, it's not because PIF isn't the best forum on the net, it's because of our own personalities and stuff we can't help. NO offense to anyone on PIF.........just the way I am.......

aw...... :wub: I ♥ U 2 !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread