Commercials

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
One way to help get this out to the world, share this on social media.

CASAA: CASAA launches tobacco harm reduction success stories collection

Under the title: CASAA launches tobacco harm reduction success stories collection there are buttons you can click to share this:

Email This
BlogThis!
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest

I've shared this on my FaceBook wall:

This has been years in the making. I added my story, back in 2012, when I was still months away from being 1 year quit. I am now into my third year of not smoking and have lowered my nic content even further. There are over 3,000 stories about how successful vaping is at getting people off of cigarettes. Over 3,000 people that have documented their recovering health.

OVER 3,000 people!

Tell me that doesn't scare the hell out of all the special interest groups that are losing money from the taxes received from cigarette sales. Or the groups that specialize in drugs that help those that have illnesses that are directly (or so they wish you to believe) related to smoking. Or the governing bodies that receive monies from the tobacco settlements.

If vaping has helped YOU quit smoking and/or improved your health, please consider adding your story.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

philoshop

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2014
geneva, ny, usa
Trying to figure out how to get the message out without crossing that line, is proving to be very tricky. Also, the funds it requires.........

The First Amendment ain't what it used to be.
To your second part I can only say, "crowd funding". Build it and they will come, so to speak. It doesn't cost much, if anything, to put together a short video and edit it for content. There are probably dozens of tech-savvy video production folks and capable screenwriters right here on ECF who would get involved out of principle. Get something together, make it visible through social media, and let people financially support it as they see fit so that it can go further into the mainstream media. It doesn't need to be polished and glamorous. It just needs to be coherent and made highly visible in the very near future.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
The First Amendment ain't what it used to be.
To your second part I can only say, "crowd funding". Build it and they will come, so to speak. It doesn't cost much, if anything, to put together a short video and edit it for content. There are probably dozens of tech-savvy video production folks and capable screenwriters right here on ECF who would get involved out of principle. Get something together, make it visible through social media, and let people financially support it as they see fit so that it can go further into the mainstream media. It doesn't need to be polished and glamorous. It just needs to be coherent and made highly visible in the very near future.

I agree with the concept. However, we have been burned before. A video was to be made, funds were raised. This was at least 2 years ago. The person has disappeared. We have no idea what has become of the video. At least I have no idea. The project was called "We are Vapers". I should see if I can do any digging..... Will try this weekend. Today/tonight are busy and once I start digging, I don't want to stop for interruptions.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I apologize for assuming this hasn't been tried before.
I'm new to vaping and still trying to get a handle on what I can only call 'the battle lines' with this issue.

I get it. No apologies necessary :)
We all have to remember that there are new people to the forums that have no idea of what has gone before.

You never know? Maybe the time is right to have something tried again? At least you ARE thinking and trying to figure out what can be done. So, Kudos to you!! :toast:

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
I agree with the concept. However, we have been burned before. A video was to be made, funds were raised. This was at least 2 years ago. The person has disappeared. We have no idea what has become of the video. At least I have no idea. The project was called "We are Vapers". I should see if I can do any digging..... Will try this weekend. Today/tonight are busy and once I start digging, I don't want to stop for interruptions.

**cough** http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-vaping-discussion/364454-we-vapers-movie.html

The website that was originally associated with the project now redirects to a site that sells products for things that aren't discussed here.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida

philoshop

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2014
geneva, ny, usa
**cough** http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-vaping-discussion/364454-we-vapers-movie.html

The website that was originally associated with the project now redirects to a site that sells products for things that aren't discussed here.

I'm sorry to hear that, and I understand those fundamental difficulties. Then again, we're two years further along now, many of the basic elements of the fight are substantially different, and I would think a vetting process for volunteers would be a bit easier at this point.

While I'm new to vaping, I've fought with bureaucracies for most my life as a builder and/or architect. When the laws or rules don't make sense you push back hard with your own information to make your point, and you gather the local folks to help in the effort. Coalition of forces. Maybe the scale is a bit different here, but then again, maybe not so much.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/we-are-vapers

The person has not disappeared at all...
In fact he has become far more active in the vaping community...

What Ever Happened to “We Are Vapers?”

philoshop

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2014
geneva, ny, usa
I'll be blunt. The links above are more about making a film than about making a point. No offense to the filmmaker. Everyone needs to eat, and I admire the effort.

The entire message that needs to be widely seen regarding vaping could have been succinctly summed up within the 2 minute fundraising intro. It may be rough and crude and amateurish by filmmaking standards but if it effectively gets the point across right now, that's what matters. An award-winning film appearing 3 years from now could very well be talking about what vaping 'used to be'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread