Status
Not open for further replies.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    We have a multi server setup for ECF. It's not uncommon for one of them to act up every now and then.

I've figured out what causes the problem.

If you set the viewing parameter for a bog entry to "Member's only" like I did on my first 2 blog posts (I did it for a reason) it causes the "error" anchor text. My last 2 are set to "All visitors" and the anchor text is fine...

How To Turn the Ello Tank Into a Rebuildable Tank With the Ijoy XS-1/EXO-S RBA | E-Cigarette Forum

How To Access Old Threads That "connot be found" | E-Cigarette Forum

Error | E-Cigarette Forum

Once you change access parameter to "All visitors", the anchor text gets pulled and posted properly.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Now I edited those 2 problematic blog posts to change the viewing parameter to "All visitors" and the anchor text problem is fixed...

How To Turn the Ello Tank Into a Rebuildable Tank With the Ijoy XS-1/EXO-S RBA | E-Cigarette Forum

List of US-Based Flavor and Diluent Vendors | E-Cigarette Forum

List of US Retailers Still Shipping 100mg Nicotine Base | E-Cigarette Forum

Once you change access parameter to "All visitors", the anchor text gets pulled and posted properly.

• Informative
    Reactions: Opinionated

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    I've figured out what causes the problem.

If you set the viewing parameter for a bog entry to "Member's only" like I did on my first 2 blog posts (I did it for a reason) it causes the "error" anchor text. My last 2 are set to "All visitors" and the anchor text is fine...

well how do you do that?

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    well how do you do that?

At the bottom of the blog entry page you can set the viewing parameters. Fevault is "All visitors then you have a couple other one of which is "Members only" (at least this is how it is on the community blog section - it appears ECF has at least 2 different blog types, possibly 3, which has been confusing me for over a month now lol - I'm only posting to the community blog from now on).

• Informative

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA

No, I mean the viewing permission on the blog entry itself, not member profiles...

y1g2LAx.png

Last edited:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    well I wonder how I ended up with an error message today on Zazie's blog then?

that's weird..

Possibly just a glitch, or you thought you posted the URL to Zazie's entry but you posted the URL to one of my entries instead?

Last edited:
    • Useful

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Those settings are pulled from your privacy settings. You can over ride post by post in your blog.

Well from now on I'll just create all my blog posts as viewable to all (which is the default permission). I only changed to "Member's Only" for the 1st 2 blog posts becuase I don't want people without an ECF account to be able to view those specific blog posts. But in the end it doesn't matter - I'd rather not have to type anchor text and let Xenforo do it for me lol

• Love
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread