Welcome to the new forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamie2

Jul 2, 2008
it would be great if we could click on a link that hsows all the posts we've done- that was very handy keeping track of wht threads and where we posted on instread of hasving to look htrough all the threads manually
Asked and answered*already (if it works) in post #8 above

.wysiwyg { background-attachment: scroll !important; background-repeat: repeat !important; background-position: 0% 0% !important; background-color: #ffffff !important; background-image: none !important; color: #000000 !important; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Arial !important; font-style: normal !important; font-variant: normal !important; font-weight: 400 !important; font-size: 10pt !important; line-height: normal } p { margin: 0px; } .inlineimg { vertical-align: middle; }

Michelle

May 22, 2008
Greece
www.e-steki.gr
hello all,

wow this new forum is crazy, lots to learn here:) I am having trouble finding out how to find the list of topics that I have posted in, you used to just hit a button that said soemthing like view your posts or soemthing to that nature, anyone know how you do that now?

Go to your profile, then click the Statistics tab. You'll see the links.
@Smokey Joe: These links could easily be added to the navbar or the Quick links dropdown, just drop me a pm if you want to do it. ;)

I was unable to login, tried using two different browsers. Had to register again. I hope to be able to continue with my regular id.

Yes jamie. That along with the fact that the members list has not been imported.
The new board wouldn't recognize me.
I had to create a new ID.
I was trying everything last nite including sending messages to web master/admin.
I was so frustrated and annoyed.
I feel so sorry for all our members that can't get on for the same reasons!

I try to send SJ a PM but I read their were problems with that also.

Passwords get cleared in most imports due to the different encryption algorithms that most forum softwares don't have in common. It has nothing to do with members not being imported, they just need to reset their password.
Smokey Joe should perhaps put up a notice for guests to let them know and avoid their frustration.

is threre anyway to make the thread sizes less wide? Gotta scroll each post ot read each line each time- and yeah- it would be great if we could click on a link that hsows all the posts we've done- that was very handy keeping track of wht threads and where we posted on instread of hasving to look htrough all the threads manually
About the link, read above.
About the "wideness" of the posts, Smokey Joe can either set a setting in the AdminCP to make the post info on the left for everyone, like before, or install a mod to make it a user choice.

Tip to all: Go to Edit Options and select "WYSIYWG editor" in the "Message Editor Interface" option. Then go to write a post. You'll encounter a nice surprise ;)

Mamba

Jun 19, 2008
U.S.A.
Well, once I figured out that the .com was left out of the link I found this board again. Then I had to reset my password and the emails I got in my Yahoo account kept trying to load a Java application and wouldn't stay displayed for more than a second. I finally got them forwarded to a different account and got my password reset and my avatar reloaded. By the time I was done I had to step out and have a real cig. :D

By the way, the link for this forum is still incorrect from a Google search and my guess is most people think the site is gone. Hopefully some Google bot will find the new forum soon.

jamie2

Jul 2, 2008
Go to your profile, then click the Statistics tab. You'll see the links.

Michelle it doesn't seem to have the same option we had before, unless I misunderstand. The Statistics tab has "view all of your posts" and "view all threads you started". Those are both different than "view a list of topics in which you posted", which is what I thought we had.

Michelle

May 22, 2008
Greece
www.e-steki.gr
Michelle it doesn't seem to have the same option we had before, unless I misunderstand. The Statistics tab has "view all of your posts" and "view all threads you started". Those are both different than "view a list of topics in which you posted", which is what I thought we had.

Oh, I see. I never used that feature.

To get the same result, use this link:
Code:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/search.php?do=process&searchuser={username}&showposts=0
(replace {username} with your username)

Gunny

ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Actually, I like the new format.

But to be honest, if I could access the internet from MS-DOS, I still would not have Windows. I started computers when a 9' boot floppy was required and the first desktop I used was an 8086 XT max. hard drive was 32meg.:rolleyes:

Windows took the pride of understanding the navigation and utilization of the file system away.:(

Sorry... wrong forum. But please be nice to DOS without it we would not be here today & Al Gore would have never been able to invent the internet.

I still like the new format SJ. Good job Private!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread