Welcome to the new forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunny

ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
@Gunny: I didn't underestimate DOS. It was good for its age. But if it wasn't for Windows, only us geeks would still be using computers. :)

EXACTLY! Now a monkey can operate a computer. Nothing left to be proud of here anymore. I suppose it is better for the masses though.

If I could only get my Mother-in-Law to understand it I would have a lot more spare time.8-o Did I really say that?

jamie

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2008
USA
the styling- for my taste anyway- the width issue with htis new forum is a bit of a pain having to scroll to read the posts
It would be the most helpful if this issue could be resolved for you on the forum side, I know. In the meantime, perhaps you can find a Fit To Width button or bookmarklet that you can use (assuming your browser doesn't come with that option).

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
It finally dawned on me what it is about this new design that I don't like. In the old design, the avatars and names formed a left column and the content was to the right. This made narrower content -- which is good! Numerous tests by print media have shown the optimum width of text is a paperback novel page. The optimum width for text and art is a magazine page. A newspaper is what it is because it was meant to read as a poster on a community bulletin board.

The text is just way too wide in this new setup. I tried narrowing the display part -- and the text didn't wrap. No way will I scroll horizontally. Anyhow, the light went on a little while ago as I was trying to read a long entry. It's difficult to eyetrack that wide.

jamie

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2008
USA
In the old design, the avatars and names formed a left column and the content was to the right.
I think you mean this format? I agree that it's easier to track with two columns.

_c.jpg

Last edited:

Oliver

ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe
Admin
Verified Member
ha! i'm back! thanks rat and SJ

about the width-issue: i think the header image is too wide. so the browser tries to display it and the rest (threads and so on) just use the space. make the logo smaller/less wide and everything should work (i have the same problem because I don't use the browser maximized)

Yup, will do asap

And good point Bob, I will look into changing it back to the old format.........

Well, After futzing up with my password not working, and then for the life of me couldn't remember it anyway, and having to wait 15 minutes, and then it really wasn't 15 minutes so I had to wait another 15 minutes, and resetting it -

I just wanted to say the place looks GREAT! Wow! The banner on top is very cool, and the actual forum feel much lighter. The black and light blue contrast is very pleasing.

I have a lot of catching up to do, But I think so far this all looks great.

I feel like I've been waiting outside of a new night club for the past half hour. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread