Comparable but cheaper carts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PDADoc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2013
You probably know this already but online is cheaper than retail.

Tell me about it. While I like the option of being able to pickup refills from any corner store, you definitely pay for that. Spent $30+ on two boxes of menthol cartos yesterday at Walgreen's. Still, I didn't have to wait. I've ordered a load of them online so I have a good stockpile, but something just occurs to me as I write this: I wonder what the shelf life of those cartos is like? I'd hate to buy ten packs and have most of them go bad before I use them up.

Anybody know?

rasmith1959

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2013
Guthrie, OK
My wife really likes the Blu's. She's tried others including my tanks set-up and she just prefers the Blue. However the carts are not the cheapest thing out there. Anyone find a menthol cart that taste the same as Blu's?

Blu uses a 510 connector so any refillable 510 cartomizer will work. Problem is finding a juice that is similar to Blu's which their juice is proprietary.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

PDADoc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2013
Blu uses a 510 connector so any refillable 510 cartomizer will work. Problem is finding a juice that is similar to Blu's which their juice is proprietary.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Any suggestions on where to go to get these 510 blanks for the Blu? I don't care about the e-juice, as I like the ones from Apollo.

Also, is the carto in the Blu a standard size, or is it longer/shorter than the average 510 carto?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk.

Last edited:

jimbol

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2012
Southern Maryland
Also, is the carto in the Blu a standard size, or is it longer/shorter than the average 510 carto?

The Boge cartos are about the same size and capacity of the Premium and Original cartos from Blu. They'll fit in the PCC if you replace the "condom" on the threaded end with one of the smaller ones from a Blu carto.

The Boge XXL has a bit more capacity and is a bit longer than the Premium 100 cartos. I haven't tried to fit one of those on a battery in the PCC yet. So I don't know if it fits.

PDADoc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2013
The Boge cartos are about the same size and capacity of the Premium and Original cartos from Blu. They'll fit in the PCC if you replace the "condom" on the threaded end with one of the smaller ones from a Blu carto.

The Boge XXL has a bit more capacity and is a bit longer than the Premium 100 cartos. I haven't tried to fit one of those on a battery in the PCC yet. So I don't know if it fits.

That's good to know, thanks for the info.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk.

My wife really likes the Blu's. She's tried others including my tanks set-up and she just prefers the Blue. However the carts are not the cheapest thing out there. Anyone find a menthol cart that taste the same as Blu's?

Pop the back cap off and fill the empties with your own juices, cuts the cost way down (it's what I did when I used Blu or No. 7)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

SABOTEUR

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2009
Baltimore MD USA
Pop the back cap off and fill the empties with your own juices, cuts the cost way down (it's what I did when I used Blu or No. 7)

Thanks for the excellent advice. Took your suggestion and refilled my wife's discarded carts last night. I'm curious now to see how many refills we can get before replacing them entirely. Still looking out for compatible blank carts, but refilling is a great temporary solution to purchasing Blu's pricey refills.

SamZzz

Verified Member
May 22, 2013
TN
Although the boge cartos are close to the size of blu ones they are thicker so it won't fit flush with the blu battery, there will be a lip so to speak. And from my experience anything under a 3 ohms carto (the blu cartos are also 3ohm) will drain that blu battery really fast

Boge 510 cartos are bigger, but the 306s are the same size. I've used those before on my Blu batteries and they fit perfectly both on the battery and in the PCC.

Someone else mentioned it here, and it's worth repeating.. If you have a menthol juice you like, you can refill the Blu cartos you already have. As long as you don't puff 'em empty to where they taste burnt, you can take a paperclip, fork, basically anything skinny with a slightly sharp end and pop the end cap off the Blu carto (black end with the hole in it). There's a small clearish rubber gasket underneath that you must remove as well, but once that's off, all you do is drip some juice down the inside of the carto so it wets the fiber filler inside (careful not to get it inside the little tube in the center). Replace gasket and end cap and let 'em sit for a few minutes so it soaks all the way down. I found I got better vapor and flavor with a refilled carto than I did a stock one. You can get away with refilling them several times before they finally start to get burnt tasting.

rasmith1959

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2013
Guthrie, OK
Doesn't blu use Johnson creek for their ejuice? Am I wrong?

Yes Johnson Creek makes the juice used in Blu ecigs, but it is a proprietary blend that they can't sell themselves. So if you're thinking of going to Johnson Creek's website and ordering Cherry Crush or any other Blu flavor, you won't find it.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread