• Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Noooo

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Nope. Have too much Kanthal, SS, Titanium, Nickel....i guess I should try it sometime.

You should give it a Whirl.

I like SS in rda's on Mechs. But use a Lot of NiChrome 80 in RTA's on VW mods.

BTW - If you ever used a "Clearo", then you have used NiChrome. Because Clearos and Cart/Atty's used NiChrome.

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
I'm about the same, still have large amounts of Kanthal A1, but I generally build everything with NiChrome 80 these days, Kayfuns and Russians I bounce between 28awg Kanthal and NiChrome, depends on my mood when I go to rebuild them. Only down side with NiChrome is it retains it heat longer than Kanthal does in a MTL RTA.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    • Deleted by classwife
    • Reason: Clean up

Zakillah

ECF Veteran
    Jan 24, 2015
    Vienna
    I was looking for a fat ... spool of wire with as little ramp up as possible. Been using ss for a while.
    Ramp up is determined by heat capacity.
    Heat capacity is related to mass (more mass, longer ramp up) and specific heat capacity, which is a physical property of the used material.
    Again, the higher it is, the longer the ramp up.
    You can go to Steamengine, enter any build and switch through the different materials to compare which has the lowest HC.
    Hint...its Kanthal.
    I am not counting Titanium, for its awkwardness, but this heats up very fast as well, due to its very low density.
    In general, the differences between the commonly used wires isnt all that great, though and if someone goes on about this or that wire heating up alot faster then Kanthal its because they've been placebo'd. (or want you to buy their ridiculously overpriced wire in that fancy package)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread