COmpletely new to E-ciggs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I barely even smoked regular cigarettes to be honest with you. But i bought one and i absolutely love it! I have acai berry and it tastes absolutely delicious. But i'm curious. I've done a little research on e-cigarettes and i'm getting a bit of confusion on the levels of tobacco in the e-liquids. Can someone dumb it down incredibly for me what each level is, particularly zero? Or if there's a thread that already does this, could you post it here? Thanks :)

Mattnatti

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
The " general e-liquid discussion " section would be informative. There is no tobacco in liquids but nicotine. I know that is what you meant though.
Zero nicotine is just flavored pg/vg liquid. And when you start stepping up percentages then the more nicotine is in the liquid.

Stay off The analogs while you can. DO NOT GET ADDICTED TO THEM!

szot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
I believe U meant to ask the nicotine levels NOT tobacco levels in a cigarette....this is NO tobacco in an Ecigarette except in the nicotine flavored liquids, which is made up of nicotine, PG, VG, and flavoring....Ecigs with 0mg nicotine have none..problem and dangers with tobacco cigarettes is the 4000 chemicals produced by the smoke etc..

0 mg (milligrams) = no nicotine....6mg = 6mg..12mg = 12mg...18mg = 18mg....the average regular tobacco cigarette is about 18-24 mg (Marlboro reds) , I believe..and a LIGHT cigarette is about 12-18mg , I think (Marlboro Lights)...and Ultra Lights 10-12 mg basically...so I presume a non filter Lucky Strike or Camel is 24-32mg nicotine....so using 6 mg is very little nicotine at all, and 0 mg is absolutely NO nicotine..

I smoked Marlboro Lights and had no problem beginning with 18MG and going to 12mg within 2 days..

Last edited:

Mattnatti

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
The " general e-liquid discussion " section would be informative. There is no tobacco in liquids but nicotine. I know that is what you meant though.
Zero nicotine is just flavored pg/vg liquid. And when you start stepping up percentages then the more nicotine is in the liquid.

Stay off The analogs while you can. DO NOT GET ADDICTED TO THEM!

MiamiMom63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
South Florida
I smoked a pack a day of ultra-lights for 30 years and started vaping at 16 mg and did have withdrawals from nic the first couple of days, if that gives you a better idea as to strength of nic mgs. to start with. Some prefer to start at 18 mg or 24 mg. If you aren't a regular smoker or a regular occassional smoker, I'd not vape. Why start an addiction if you aren't addicted? However, if you do smoke sometimes, you are better off with an ecig at a milder nic level since you don't sound like you are addicted to nic. Maybe even zero nic would be best for you.

Enoch777

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Midwest, USA
Heya Jenn!

Welcome to the world of vaping :) I can totally relate because, as I did smoke analogs in the past I barely smoked many at all. When I first started vaping I fell in love, but quickly found out that you can get quite a head rush (and possibly gain some tolerance) when vaping due to the slightly confusing levels of nicotine.

First is first, nobody will tell you that vaping is like smoking or vice versa. It just isn't. Disposables and store-bought cartridges don't "equal 2 packs of cigarettes."

With that in mind there's a few things you should consider and weigh what you want in your vaping experience. Generally speaking, higher nicotine content equals more throat hit. Another thing I've heard and definitely have to agree with, at least a little bit, the higher your nicotine content the more your flavor gets muddled. So you can definitely lower your levels to achieve a cleaner, tastier vape.

0mg Nicotine - Pure flavor
4-6mg Nicotine - Great flavor, very mild TH
8-12mg Nicotine - Perfect middle ground, I think most people enjoy between 8-12
18-24+mg Nicotine - Heavy TH

All up to your own personal preference. You said you didn't smoke much before so, with that in mind, buy some liquid from a quality vendor and start at a good middle ground... around 8mg Nicotine or 0.8%. If that doesn't work out for you, lower or increase the dosage accordingly.

Another thing to keep in mind is how MUCH you want to vape. If you love to chain vape all day you might prefer a Low/Very Low or even 0mg Nicotine Content. If you only vape after meals, a 12-18mg Nicotine juice might work better for you. I personally love it right at 8mg. You get the best of both worlds and don't need to worry about mega dosing on stimulants.

I'm far from the most experienced but that's what I got! Good luck :toast:

P.S. Some quality juice vendors I highly recommend: Virgin Vapor | Electronic Cigarette Organic e-Liquid | Electronic Cigarettes
Best E Cigarette | Buy Electronic Cigarettes | E Cig Juice - MT Baker Vapor

jcco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Colorado
Assuming you aren't hooked on nicotine now, I would suggest that you don't start now. If you can vape 0 nicotine & remain without any cravings then good for you.
Nicotine is addictive no matter what form you use to take it in. Many people vape for pleasure without any nicotine. If you have cravings then start with some low nic liquid. You can always up the amount if you need to.
Good luck & hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread