Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Remember:
  • When a credit card is compromised and mis-used, it's the bank's money that goes missing.
  • When a debit card is compromised and mis-used, it's your money that goes missing.
In the former case, it's instantly the bank's problem. In the latter case, it's first and foremost your problem and you have to beg the bank to fix it.

ibndevilish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Torrington ,CT
Remember:
  • When a credit card is compromised and mis-used, it's the bank's money that goes missing.
  • When a debit card is compromised and mis-used, it's your money that goes missing.
In the former case, it's instantly the bank's problem. In the latter case, it's first and foremost your problem and you have to beg the bank to fix it.

Well I was lucky I didn't have to beg for my money. My bank was awesome. I have full protection on my account. I love small town banking :)

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Well I was lucky I didn't have to beg for my money. My bank was awesome. I have full protection on my account. I love small town banking :)
Gotta agree with that. I have no use for any bank that's "Too Big To Fail" because once they think they are, a certain attitude permeates the entire institution.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Credit unions are the very best. One thing I miss about working for John's Hopkins. Their credit union was awesome... .I wish I'd kept the account active, even though it would have wound up being extremely cumbersome. Currently, I am dealing with Bank of America, the lowest form of pond scum. Oh, I could probably find somewhere "better" but man, changing accounts is such a PITA. To be fair to Bank of America, I guess, they are adept at dealing with fraud and don't make a huge production out of it.... But banking generally has kind of devolved, sadly, into a big mess. It's really all about the big guys now.

Anna

• Agree
Reactions: puffon

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Bank of America, the lowest form of pond scum
No, m'am. I know of at least one TBTF bank that's worse.

changing accounts is such a PITA
Changing banks is even more fun when you own/run a business as I do. Coupla years ago, the smallish community bank I'd been using for over 20 years got bought up by BB&T. I'd heard they're actually one of the better "big" ones so we decided to give them a chance. That lasted roughly 3 months. Then we moved on, to a different "community" bank, one that doesn't have a new set of tellers and floor people every time you walk in the door.

• Informative
Reactions: stols001

ibndevilish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Torrington ,CT
Credit unions are the very best. One thing I miss about working for John's Hopkins. Their credit union was awesome... .I wish I'd kept the account active, even though it would have wound up being extremely cumbersome. Currently, I am dealing with Bank of America, the lowest form of pond scum. Oh, I could probably find somewhere "better" but man, changing accounts is such a PITA. To be fair to Bank of America, I guess, they are adept at dealing with fraud and don't make a huge production out of it.... But banking generally has kind of devolved, sadly, into a big mess. It's really all about the big guys now.

Anna

My son used Bank of America even though I warned him of all the things I heard. Well he finally switched to another bank after he got screwed a couple of times, forget the name of his bank now. The bank I have is free checking if you are 50 or older, guess being 52 isn't so bad. I get free checks (Not sure what those are for ;) ) I never use them, but at least I have them just in case. The same people have been at the bank for a long time. They know you by your name which is awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread