Confused as to why anyone would use an RDA >

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodeorat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2013
Guthrie, OK
In my mind, a 29-20mm dripper solves a large problem of drippers, the capacity. I just received my 101vape RDA, which is basically a Hades clone, and I'm loving the flavor and vapor, but even better, the nearly 1ml capacity I can put in it. Still not a 5ml tank, but alot less dripping than a 22mm version. I like it.

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
Personally, I do not drip a lot but it's handy for tasting juice, DIY or newly bought vendor juice. I also don't like really sweet juice, but I can drip it for a bit, then stop when I get tired of it. I have Kayfuns and Sophias set up on several other mods at all times, so it's not really an inconvenience for me.

XBarbarian

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2014
Largo, FL
so.. as stated, I bought the tobh clone dripper Tuesday night. have only used it at home so far, use my Nautilus during the day at work, etc. which oddly enough, is working better for me now.. guess time with it, the experience with the dripper too, all of it, has come to gether and making more understood.

one thing though.. so.. Im 22 days away from cigs, vaping only. last night.. I couldn't stop coughing.. no real congestion or anything, just a need to cough. wondering if it's the heavy vapes from the dripping? the juice Im vaping in the tobh atm is boss sauce apple crack.. which says.. Heavy VG ( but I cant find a actual vg/pg ratio anywhere about it )

Im wondering if its just the heavy vapes from dripping.. or specifically the juice.. that was making me cough? ( long after I went to bed )

jakematic

Verified Member
Jun 1, 2014
Squonk Bottom Flats, NC
Im wondering if its just the heavy vapes from dripping.. or specifically the juice.. that was making me cough? ( long after I went to bed )

You may need/want to lower your nic level when dripping.
Normally I'm at 18mg, but on the rare occasion when I do drip, I drop it to 6 or 3.
Anything higher feels like a mule kicking my chest.

Could also be that your body is de-toxing from the analogs, which is not uncommon.

bm2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
I use a dripper because they're the most reliable and produce the best vapor. I also own an Aerotank and a Aqua RBA but I use my dripper pretty much all the time. Carrying a bottle around sucks but I love being able to see my coil and move the wicks around as I vape. The vapor I get from a regular Clearo is so poor that I never use one. For some reason I still haven't been able to build a setup on my Aqua that I really enjoy. Plus, the Nimbus-style atty I have is much easier to build on. I can also drop my nicotine levels down a lot when using a dripper. I went from using 16-18 mg to 4-6. Even though I'm running a dual micro coil at around .5 ohms, the vapor is about room temperature. I like a nice cool vape with plenty of vapor and I managed to build a perfect setup. My air holes are very wide so the flavor is lacking, but with the amount of juice being vaped, it's still plenty.

Dripping is my favorite out of clearos, cartos, rbas, etc.

jakematic

Verified Member
Jun 1, 2014
Squonk Bottom Flats, NC
looks like this, the detox from cigs, will go on for a while yet...

thanks guys..

It varies for everyone, so don't expect the exact same results/paths as others.
I was 5 packs a day and didn't detox at all other than feeling a little too warm for a few days.
Been almost 2 months for me.

JulesXsmokr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2013
Hurricane Alley, FL. USA
Disclaimer: I will start off saying that I am no expert when it comes to vaping. Only been at it for about 6 months. And I am not trying to start an argument here.

Here is what I don't understand ... Other than sitting at home with a bottle of juice in one hand and your mod with it's RDA attached in the other hand, what other times would you want to be using an RDA?

With an RBA, you fill the tank ... and that's it until the time comes when it finally needs a re-fill.

With an RDA, you are constantly dripping juice into the drip tip. Can't really do that when your driving, and it would be a pain in the .... to have to bring a bottle of juice along with the eye dropper when going out of the house anywhere. Again, one hand holding the mod and the other hand holding the bottle of juice. Seems like a lot of extra 'busy work' to me ... If you were out drinking beer someplace, I guess you would need 3 hands! ... 1 for the mod, 2 for the bottle of juice and 3 for the beer glass! :)

However, I can think of one time in particular that an RDA would be really nice to have, and that is when you are making DIY juice and want to test vape it as your making adjustments to the amount of flavorings your adding ... This is really impossible to do when your using an RBA.

So, there you have my take on these RDAs ... To me, it just seems like a lot of extra work using them when your not setting at a desk at home and have all the time in the world to be dripping juice from an eye dropper while vaping.

Maybe I just don't get the big picture :confused:

Bringing back the O.P.'s statement,
Most of what was written "has" been true until the MAGMA arrived..........
With 1ml. of juice capacity, a tornado cloud full of flavor, and a fresh 18650 in your favorite mech, it's Nirvana!
It does blow nice clouds at .7 to .8 ohms. If you go thru 4-5 ml's. of juice a day, it's a while between 30 drops..
It's small in size, and will accommodate your liking to airflow. Now that's what a modern dripper will do.
I am vaping it now with a DIY blend Called Chocolate Banana Milshake.. I can not put it down..:drool:

Fizzpop

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2013
United States
I hear ya, dripping would be a pain. But I think tanks are too. That's why I run bottom feeders like a REO grand. Fresh squozen juice on demand :)

+1 to this. Dripping provides perhaps the most flavorful and satisfying vape possible, but it can be a pain in the tookus. The Reo gives you the joy of vaping with 6mls of juice on-board. Truly the best of both worlds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread