Confused......even more than normally!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chimsweep

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2013
Hardwick, Ma
Got a V3 and suddenly it has started to hit inconsistently or not at all. Then right in the middle of a hit it doesn't or doesn't and then it does. Tried special cleaning and attempted the lift carefully more than a few times. Adjusted loosed, tight and in between. Been going back to the Vision VV battery......at least it's consistent. Ordered another one for backup...the Vision. My wife has the Provari Mini I bought her for her birthday and Mother's Day.....it's embarrassing to beg for a hit, but it's the ultimate in consistency. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

MiamiMom63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
South Florida
It could be the battery inside the mod is sometimes not making contact and slightly loose. I'm not sure which mod that is but if it takes batts inside a tube mod, that may be happening. Sometimes batts with nipples work better if yours doesn't have a nipple on it and is flat. Sometimes people put a spacer between the connection and batt. I used a tiny flat magnet or dime in a box mod I had a long time ago that had that problem. If that isn't the problem, then maybe the post on the bottom of your clearo or whatever you are using isn't making proper contact and you need to get a paper clip and slightly nudge it out a little to see if it makes better connection. If that's not it, it could be you have a bad switch on your batt and you should take it back to where you got it.

chimsweep

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2013
Hardwick, Ma
It could be the battery inside the mod is sometimes not making contact and slightly loose. I'm not sure which mod that is but if it takes batts inside a tube mod, that may be happening. Sometimes batts with nipples work better if yours doesn't have a nipple on it and is flat. Sometimes people put a spacer between the connection and batt. I used a tiny flat magnet or dime in a box mod I had a long time ago that had that problem. If that isn't the problem, then maybe the post on the bottom of your clearo or whatever you are using isn't making proper contact and you need to get a paper clip and slightly nudge it out a little to see if it makes better connection. If that's not it, it could be you have a bad switch on your batt and you should take it back to where you got it.

Good stuff Mom, don't think it's any of that at this point. I take say my Protank and soon as I put it on the Vision Spinner.....hits like a junk yard dog. Now I just tried removing the well wall thingy.....and it seems to hit pretty good. Maybe the battery connection is pushed down and with the well wall in place isn't allowing the Protank for instance to connect fully or connecting partially.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Let's take another look at the battery.. Is it a Protected Battery?? Protected batteries are not recommended in the Vamo and other APV's due to issues with the battery protection and the device protection conflicting.

Of course, the Vamo 3's top well cap could have been your only issue.

MiamiMom63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
South Florida
SupplyDaddy may be right on point if you are using protected batts. I know when I first got my Provari, it stopped firing when I would try to use a protected batt and I had to get the AW IMR's. Something with your batt could be making your Vamo shut off to avoid stressing the battery. If that's the case, thank God for safety measures in the Vamo :)

wbbrn1952

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Pensacola, FL, USA
I have a Vamo ViVi and a Vamo3 - I tried to put the beauty ring for the protank 1 on to add support to the tank because of the soft threads and the protank would not hit on the Vamo ViVi that way took the beauty ring off and just used the 510 connector and it hits fine. I use a mini-davide on the V3 with no issues.

Chas_L

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2013
Buchanan Ga
Turn Vamo verticle and shake it up and down,if battery is loose itill rattle,if this happens streth the bottom spring a little.

Some have reported that the contact button in the 510 gets pushed down by some tanks / catros , f thsi is the issue then nudge it up a little with a very small late blad screw diver working your way around it,be gentle.

I have three Vamos ,a V2 and two V3s and the first thing I do each time I place a tank on any of them is check resitance reading which will varify the connection. Some use a 510 to 510 connector / extension. Oe feacture which I really l9ke about the V3 is the removable top ring as use a lot of Evods and they have a nasty habit of the Ego threads sticking to the Vamo threads and then the tank unscrews from the base which make a mess unless Vamo is held upside down during removal. Removing the top section lets one tighten and lossen by the base whic I eel provides a better feel than using the tank does.

I do realize trhat it has a 10 sec. timeout per fire button press?

My V2 deeloped an intementant firing button issue which I fixed by removing battery extension tube and spaying switch / PCB with short blast of DexoIT D5 whic is an excellent contact cleaer / conditioner which I have used for many years on all types of electronics.

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
... My wife has the Provari Mini I bought her for her birthday and Mother's Day.....it's embarrassing to beg for a hit, but it's the ultimate in consistency. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

My suggestion is to NOT Beg for a Hit off your Wife's Provari. It sets a Very Bad President. Something that Can Haunt you.

Why don't you buy a Provari for Yourself?

You're saving a Bunch of Money from not Smoking aren't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread