Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamekeeper

Unregistered Supplier
Jul 14, 2012
United Kingdom
www.ecigzoo.com
Hi
I have read lots of articles here and it becomes more confusing. Please help. I have a Ego tank with a Clearomizer tank but I find it doesn't release enough vapour. I find the plastic tank carts do, but they leak and are small. I intend to get the Twist battery for more power but when it comes to the tank what gives the biggest bang? Shall I go for dual coil, plastic cartridges or just try higher ohms. I just dont want to buy 10 makes just want the stongest. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Gamekeeper

Unregistered Supplier
Jul 14, 2012
United Kingdom
www.ecigzoo.com
The ego has the weakest voltage battery on the market at only 3.4 volts which could be part of the problem. And you can't use dual coils (1.5 - 2.0 ohm) cartos on either the ego or twist due to the switch regulator limitation.
Thanks for the advice wv2win. What would be a good set up you might recommend for an ex heavy smoker. I don't care what my device looks like as long as it delivers.

Scott Harrison

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Waynesboro, TN.
Boge LR cartos/attys on a standard EGO battery will satisify anyone. std Ego batteries put off 3.3v. that with a 1.5-1.8hom carto/atty will give you a crap ton of vapor. LR cartos and attys at those ohm ratings will be a bit better with the twist and they are best when you are running at 3.7-4.2v, depending on what juice you are using and what you want it to taste like. However you have to keep in mind that at this voltage they will burn out quicker.

Scott Harrison

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Waynesboro, TN.
Thanks for the advice wv2win. What would be a good set up you might recommend for an ex heavy smoker. I don't care what my device looks like as long as it delivers.

If money is no object, there is only 1 device to buy. Provari. buy 1 device and the rest is history. The END. :toast:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
A Smoktech DCT tank with a LR dual coil carto will give you good vapor and taste on the eGo battery. Boge 2 ohm cartos used without the tank (unpunched) will also give you what you are looking for.

The Smoktech DCT runs around $11 to $12 including the carto. People are getting weeks instead of days out of one carto on those because it stays saturated and never burns the filler.

There's also the option to drip into a standard atty or an atty designed for dripping, such as the Cisco LR 306. That's pretty much the ultimate taste if you don't mind dripping a couple of drops every few minutes.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV

At a minimum I would get a Kgo 510 or E-Power 510. Both are true 3.7 volt batteries unlike the eGo. Plus, their standard mAh rating is 1000+ where as the eGo's standard mAh rating is only 650. They charge extra for higher mAh rated batteries just to get to what the Kgo/E-Power provide at no extra cost.

But since you were a heavy smoker, I would suggest you might really like the warmer vapor that comes from a good 5 volt model PV or a variable volt model that allows you to change the voltage. But I would get a VV model that has at least a 3.5 amp switch regulator that will allow you to use any carto or atty, even 1.5 ohm dual coils that also provide warmer vapor. In those two categories I would look at the 5 volt GLV2 (best on the market with a lifetime warranty) or the VV Gripper, which comes with a 4 amp switch regulator unlike the Lavatube or Twist that come only with 2.5 amp switch regulators. Here are some of the sites that are well supported:

http://www.sweet-vapes.com/shop?page=shop.browse&category_id=31

E-Power Replacable Battery kit!

Variable Volt Gripper

GLV-2 Electronic Cigarette [GLV-2] - $120.00 : Electronic Cigarettes and E-Liquid - Great Lakes Vapor

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Boge LR cartos/attys on a standard EGO battery will satisify anyone. std Ego batteries put off 3.3v. that with a 1.5-1.8hom carto/atty will give you a crap ton of vapor. LR cartos and attys at those ohm ratings will be a bit better with the twist and they are best when you are running at 3.7-4.2v, depending on what juice you are using and what you want it to taste like. However you have to keep in mind that at this voltage they will burn out quicker.

Since I vape between 4.5 volts and 5.0 volts and use 1.5 ohm dual coil cartomizers/tanks, like most of my vaping friends, because we like warm, consistent vapor, the eGo just doesn't cut it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread