Confused Old Lady - 50 Yrs Marlboro Reds - Grateful for Any Help, Advice, Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

tekneck

Jan 9, 2012
Lexington, SC
Wonderful and entertaining post! I'm sure considering the age of this post that you have found your answers and have probably come to the point where you can make your own choices in regards to e-cigs. For any one new that is reading this, I would suggest starting with an EGO or something similar. They are a bit bigger than a cigarette, about the size of a black and mild cigar actually. These units provide a great deal of vapor and are easy on the learning curve. If you are a smoker trying to quit, get a bottle of tobacco flavored juice and maybe also choose another flavor that may catch your fancy. I suggest buying your initial juices in 5ML or 10ML sizes to begin with until you discover which ones that you like. This will save you some money and prevent having a stockpile of unused juices that will just go to waste. Good luck to all on your journey into the world of vaping. I don't know many that have tried it that haven't found a new way of life out of it. Keep logging into the forums for a plethora of useful information and vaping related news and updates. One big thing....make sure you have enough spare batteries and atomizers/cartomizers because the last thing you want is to be caught with a dead battery or atomizer and no way to vape. Just make sure you are prepared so you don't feel the need to grab a pack of analogs and fall back into the tobacco trap.

pumasforpets

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2012
NWI
There is one new product coming out soon that you might want to look into called the Boge Revolution V2. It's available for pre-order from jerseyvapes.com: The Leading Jersey V Apes Site on the Net, it is only $69. It's what is referred to as a bottom feed device, & can be used with atomizers or cartomizers. It can be used with the internal battery, or plugged into a USB port. I believe this product is quite possibly the future of vaping for the masses.

Well, as long as this thread is a zombie...I thought I'd talk about this in particular. I just bought a Rev v2.1. It's disappointing. It's funny to think that maybe I've been spoiled by an $18 vv box mod from MadVapes I put together myself, but even dripping with a LR atty vapor production is low. Tried dual coils, but there's too little air flow around the restrictive connector to get anything out of it. The LR cartos that came with the kit dry burned like crazy. I filled one, let it sit over night and was met with an oh so satisfying throat full of burning wick in the morning. They just will not wick for some reason. Don't even bother using a carto on this mod. It's not necessary, defeats the purpose of a juice bottle, tastes different and makes for unpleasantness when you do realize you need to give the bottle a squeeze. The method for getting juice into it either leaves you with a dry hit or juice in your mouth. You have to turn the pv completely upside down to squeeze juice into the atty. My volt meter is reading 4.16 unloaded, but 3.55 under load. By comparison, my vv box reads 4.5 unloaded and 4.4 loaded. The LED is useless, a waste of space and money. Who would want a wrist strap for a PV? The juice bottle is hard as hell to remove from the pv.

On the plus side...the battery is definitely high capacity and the carto storage compartment is handy (but it won't fit an atty even with the shortest drip tip I have on it).

Based on my experience, I would pass up the Rev v2.1. In this case, low cost = low satisfaction.

Iskaral

Feb 29, 2012
The Throne
Little Old Lady,

We have never met but I have journeyed far to get here. Through many hours and many posts, strange lands and dark deserts, a LED-tipped torch to guide me to Indian ground. And many friends made along the way, but they don't know it yet! From a complete stranger to a familiar face, I miss you nonetheless.

In a sea of sparkling jewels, a single gem is certainly your most brilliant, at least to Iskaral:

"Though through thick and mottled glass, and darkly, I see very definite patterns emerging" - lolady

MiamiMom63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
South Florida
Congratulations on your decision to take the first step and ask questions about electronic cigarettes. I personally smoked for 30 years and have been vaping now for 9 months.

Personally, I started out with one of those 808 type two piece ecigs that look like a cigarette sort of, and you have to charge them like every 1 1/2 to 2 hrs and buy several of the batteries to get through a day, plus they cost alot more than other starter kits where the battery lasts most of the day and which also has a stronger vape and better throat hit.

I think an EGO and KGO are great to start with, and I have been recommending KGO's to my friends that have started vaping. Mainly because the KGO's have a stronger battery, but look pretty much the same as an EGO. No, I do not sell KGO's or EGO's or anything else for that matter. BUT...since you mentioned you would like to also have a passthrough type device, you would be better with an EGO probably, which is what most newbies seem to like. Just google it and find a vendor with a decent price. A starter kit will cost you about half the price of an 808 kit, and the battery will last you most of the day, plus you can use it as a passthrough as well. You should also get maybe a 5-pack of single coil 2 ohm cartomizers to go with it and a drip tip. I got my friend set up with all of that for about $60, and then try finding a tobacco or menthol juice (whatever you prefer).

I feel somehow the need to advise you to be careful of possible advertising in here for sites and products that might not be the best choice; however, I'm sure some people don't mean to advertise. That's why I'm not advising which site to get one from because I don't want you to think I'm pushing a product to make a profit. EGO's and KGO's are sold by numerous vendors :)

Best of Luck to You!

I wish you luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread