katking

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
www.katking.com
what voltage?
and yes it uses more then your stock batteries
cause stock batteries are 3.2v NOT 3.7v
shorten your drags. 3-5s is more then enough.
if it tastes burnt maybe its how its wicking for you.
You give very little information for anyone to properly help.

So hit back & let us know exactly what your doing what voltage etc.
Are you dripping or carting?

I use the battery that came with it, one 18650 3.7v protected 3000mAh battery.

When you say, "how it is wicking for you," don't know what that means. I drip, and it really eats up the juice which is OK but about 5 or 6 puffs and it gets that dry burnt taste. Maybe it is the new atomizer???

I love how long the battery lasts (compared to my Joye 510) and it a BIG Improvement over the JoyStick (Never really worked for me a hit and miss on the button), but was hoping there was something I didn't know that would make this one a smoother smoke.

I ordered the Precise by Super-T (Still waiting for it), for away from home and plan to use this one around the house. Will post how I like when I get it.;)

MusicBox

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2010
Australia
I have been agonizing for a while now as to whether my next purchase should be an Indulgence or a Riva.
Sensing it was the wrong thing to do, I asked my wife (a non-vaper) anyway.
Her response was that I should get both and whatever I needed to go with them.

My problem for you:
Is this a trap?

Any news about the new website?
(I want to order in style):)

bluesuede

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2009
Central PA, USA
Oh duh! I thought this was just a hub that plugged into a USB port cuz I didn't see no A/C power cord. 8-o BTW, I got the battery pack you recommended. I love it. So cheap! :p

we do sell it on the new website -- $4.00 !!!!! :pervy:

201004060823061.jpg

just make sure that you get the AC cord with it ----- :pervy:

Last edited:

prr2freya

ECF Veteran
You should trust Di on this. Get yourself a stand-alone AC powered USB hub for your PT. Best Buy has them and tons of other places like amazon.com etc. I don't wanna have to come over there and replace your motherboard. :D

It would be nice if EM carried these <hint> <hint> :p

As I said in my original question.... I already got the self powered USB hub. I am not sure why that was missed.:D And no need to replace my motherboard as I build my own from bare bones kits and I'm a total tech geek ~_*

prr2freya

ECF Veteran
I just got one of these triple usb ports, it works dam good, thank you EM

What are the specs on it? There is no info on the site. Can you use it stand alone or does the puter have to communicate with it for it to work with the AC adapter? I have two diff types of passthroughs and one will work without being attached to the puter just fine, the other won't. (they both work when attached).. Some hubs provide very little independent power, and some a LOT. The one you got from Eastmall should have some specs on it. I might grab one if it works well with the Indulgence passthrough... Have you used the two together yet? If so what are your results?

bluesuede

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2009
Central PA, USA
Hail to a fellow tech geek. I build my own too. :) And sheesh, I dunno why I missed that sentence. I think I had vaped too much. :D Or maybe not enough.... oooh here comes another one! <inhales> :p
As I said in my original question.... I already got the self powered USB hub. I am not sure why that was missed.:D And no need to replace my motherboard as I build my own from bare bones kits and I'm a total tech geek ~_*

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
I have been agonizing for a while now as to whether my next purchase should be an Indulgence or a Riva.
Sensing it was the wrong thing to do, I asked my wife (a non-vaper) anyway.
Her response was that I should get both and whatever I needed to go with them.

My problem for you:
Is this a trap?

Any news about the new website?
(I want to order in style):)

I have heard nothing new on the new website --

when the wife says get what you want and whatever you need to go with it --

YES

watch out, something is coming for sure !!!!! :shock:

Last edited:

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
Oh duh! I thought this was just a hub that plugged into a USB port cuz I didn't see no A/C power cord. 8-o BTW, I got the battery pack you recommended. I love it. So cheap! :p

I just got one of these triple usb ports, it works dam good, thank you EM

I think David was a little confused on this, ----

I asked him the other day to test this with the AC cord plugged into it,
he did,
he said it worked just great.............

I have asked him to make sure that the ac cord is available with it, but I will check again with him............

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
What are the specs on it? There is no info on the site. Can you use it stand alone or does the puter have to communicate with it for it to work with the AC adapter? I have two diff types of passthroughs and one will work without being attached to the puter just fine, the other won't. (they both work when attached).. Some hubs provide very little independent power, and some a LOT. The one you got from Eastmall should have some specs on it. I might grab one if it works well with the Indulgence passthrough... Have you used the two together yet? If so what are your results?

Yes, please post on this,

I have one of my own and it works directly from the AC power, no computer connection at all, --

this one works greeat with Indulgence passthru,

I would love to hear how this one works from AC power........

I use the battery that came with it, one 18650 3.7v protected 3000mAh battery.

When you say, "how it is wicking for you," don't know what that means. I drip, and it really eats up the juice which is OK but about 5 or 6 puffs and it gets that dry burnt taste. Maybe it is the new atomizer???

I love how long the battery lasts (compared to my Joye 510) and it a BIG Improvement over the JoyStick (Never really worked for me a hit and miss on the button), but was hoping there was something I didn't know that would make this one a smoother smoke.

I ordered the Precise by Super-T (Still waiting for it), for away from home and plan to use this one around the house. Will post how I like when I get it.;)

ok so your using a 18650.
you should be fine.
you will use more juice then a regular battery cause of the higher voltage.
But dripping I dont get burnt taste only with some carts.
sorry I been busy lately not keeping up with this.

make sure your cart is empty & 510 never gave me much taste.
i use 901 @6v & 401 at 3.7v mostly. Both standard atties.
the 801 is nice for dripping also. burnt taste for me is from whicking.
Meaning the fiber is not pulling enough juice from the cart. & 1 time had clothing fuzz on the atty & OMG that was horrid.

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
I just went looking for this and couldn't find it anywhere... oh wait, you say it's on the NEW website...

Drums fingers.

:|:|:|:|:|

Di I just got this 3 way USB about a week or two ago with my last order, it did not come with an AC cord, it came with a USB TO USB cord ???? Feedback please.!!???

yes, I know -- there is some confusion at the moment --

I think the AC cord is not included with it,
I have asked David to find one that fits and works with it--

and yes, it is on the new website,

it was on this one, but I dont see it now.

katking

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
www.katking.com
ok so your using a 18650.
you should be fine.
you will use more juice then a regular battery cause of the higher voltage.
But dripping I dont get burnt taste only with some carts.
sorry I been busy lately not keeping up with this.

make sure your cart is empty & 510 never gave me much taste.
i use 901 @6v & 401 at 3.7v mostly. Both standard atties.
the 801 is nice for dripping also. burnt taste for me is from whicking.
Meaning the fiber is not pulling enough juice from the cart. & 1 time had clothing fuzz on the atty & OMG that was horrid.

Cart is empty and I took out the rubber insert, so smoke is a straight shot. I think I will switch to the 801 atty.

Also, I found a video on youtube that shows how to take the fibers out of the attys - which I did. Helps. Thanks :rolleyes:

Cart is empty and I took out the rubber insert, so smoke is a straight shot. I think I will switch to the 801 atty.

Also, I found a video on youtube that shows how to take the fibers out of the attys - which I did. Helps. Thanks :rolleyes:

ahh your using the 510 cartos.
only rubber piece I could imagine is in a carto.
well removing the fibers could help tons. but is strictly a dripper that way generally.

katking

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
www.katking.com
ahh your using the 510 cartos.
only rubber piece I could imagine is in a carto.
well removing the fibers could help tons. but is strictly a dripper that way generally.

I don't like messing with carts so I drip only. :rolleyes: Also, I changed the atty to an atty I had just cleaned, and it is much smoother. Must have been the new atty.

Thanks for your help:cool:

I don't like messing with carts so I drip only. :rolleyes: Also, I changed the atty to an atty I had just cleaned, and it is much smoother. Must have been the new atty.

Thanks for your help:cool:

No Problem. the new atties can always be a pain.
First thing I do is blow them out & Toss some strong flavor on them.

you had me stop and re read when you put changed the atty to an atty. IM like wait what. Then I read the rest and it made complete sence. haha.

gouki

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2008
█♣█™
Just got the Indulgence a few days ago and so far it is pretty good. There are a few imperfections on the switch but doesn't really bother me. I ordered the extended cup as well with the batteries and this only works with the 901 atomizers and nothing else. The USB PT is a different shade of titanium and i find the cord pretty short but other than that no complaints. As i was browsing around the forums i found this post about removing the fibers and/or the bridge off a 510 and i found it helps with eliminating the burnt taste i sometimes get. Didn't want to link the thread as i found it in another suppliers forum so here is a quote.

This guy is awesome and Ive been doing this since I have seen this video and what a difference in the decrease in burnt nasty taste and increase in flavor.

If you are a high volt vapor only take out the wicking not the bridge. If your a 3.7v vapor either option (video) will be fine. Dont worry he explains in full detail as to what to do.... Oh this is only drippers. Dont do this is if you still use carts.

heres taking the wicking out of a 510 or any attie

YouTube - How to remove your Wick

Here is a video on taking out the bridge....

YouTube - Removing The Bridge

Any one know where i can get a longer cord for the PT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread