Considering an RDA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I agree that for a beginner, a Velocity style deck is easier. Getting into rebuildables is daunting and intimidating enough as it is. Might as well learn on an easier RDA.

Plenty of open space to install coils. Just two large posts. Large holes in the posts make it easier to install your wires. A deep juice well. Air flow options galore. Tough to beat a Velocity style, especially for just $20.

sSwlPf9.jpg

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I agree with everything said.....but for $5, I'd get the Troll. It's a decent RDA and not hard to learn on. Most of us learned on way harder rdas. Anyone remember the Trident RDA?
Are there easier rdas to build on? Absolutely...but the Troll is, by no means, on the difficult side of the scale. If you hate rdas, you're out $5 and you didn't have to wait for it.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I agree with everything said.....but for $5, I'd get the Troll. It's a decent RDA and not hard to learn on. Most of us learned on way harder rdas. Anyone remember the Trident RDA?
Are there easier rdas to build on? Absolutely...but the Troll is, by no means, on the difficult side of the scale. If you hate rdas, you're out $5 and you didn't have to wait for it.
I agree, won't be near as bad as the 3 post I learned on.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
My first RDA was a Stillaire 3 post. The next was a Plume Veil that had a deck like the Troll. The next was a Velocity. That's when I fell in love with RDAs.
My first RDA was a Nimbus. I didn't like it because the airholes were too big. :lol:

Reactions: Don29palms

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    The Troll and Velocity are both high airflow designs for big clouds. The slanted air things on the Troll are adjustable, but can't be focused down to a hole like a slot adjustment. The original Troll does say it can be used with single coils, but the V2 looks like it can't. I can't even figure out the Velocity. Perhaps you want a cloud chaser RDA and only want to use duals, but if not (ever) these things are issues. I don't think I could get my vape from either of them, so they wouldn't be good at beginner or experienced build levels.

That said, I have a half dozen unused RBAs sitting around that were all more than $5.

Reactions: Letitia

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    The Troll and Velocity are both high airflow designs for big clouds. The slanted air things on the Troll are adjustable, but can't be focused down to a hole like a slot adjustment. The original Troll does say it can be used with single coils, but the V2 looks like it can't. I can't even figure out the Velocity. Perhaps you want a cloud chaser RDA and only want to use duals, but if not (ever) these things are issues. I don't think I could get my vape from either of them, so they wouldn't be good at beginner or experienced build levels.

That said, I have a half dozen unused RBAs sitting around that were all more than $5.
    Did I read that wrong, or are you saying since you can't get a good vape from them, they're not good for beginners or experienced vapers? And did you also say you can't figure out the Velocity?

nevermind.....I read it 3 more times and think I see what you're saying now.

• Agree
    Reactions: Don29palms

Don29palms

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 12, 2014
    joshua tree, ca

Just about any RDA with a 2 post Velocity style deck can be used with single or dual coils horizontally or vertically. I don't know about any of the Trolls because I've never used one. With the Velocity you can use the airflow anywhere from wide open to completely closed off. The Velocity was very innovative in it's time and it's build deck has become an industry standard. Especially for a beginner that doesn't want to spend alot of money on an RDA a $6 Velocity clone can't be beat IN MY OPINION.

levivapes

Apr 3, 2018
    Oregon
    I agree that for a beginner, a Velocity style deck is easier. Getting into rebuildables is daunting and intimidating enough as it is. Might as well learn on an easier RDA.

Plenty of open space to install coils. Just two large posts. Large holes in the posts make it easier to install your wires. A deep juice well. Air flow options galore. Tough to beat a Velocity style, especially for just $20.

sSwlPf9.jpg
    That looks awesome. I may have to look into that.

Reactions: Baditude
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread