Considering buying a riva....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strmywtrs

May 15, 2013
Philadelphia
Hi, been lurking for awhile and want to thank everybody for helping to make this place the great resource that it is. Sorry to bog down the forums with more purchase questions, I've just been stuck in an endless loop of researching.

I've been using long V2 batteries with phoenix clearos, and think it's time to step up. I'm considering this - Indulgence ECIG | Indulgence RIVA KIT | ECIGG - 3.7 V riva with 2500mah battery. Seems like the battery should last a real long time without a charge, which is one of the big things i'm looking for. Money is a bit tight so I'm just wondering what anybody thinks about it, if there are better options in a similar price range, etc. I'm starting to feel more comfortable with public vaping, but still, the less ridiculous it looks, the better. I prefer to go through this company just because they're located a couple miles from me, so faster shipping, supporting local business and all that. They have a 6V riva that's the same price, though with duel 1000mah batteries, and from my limited knowledge, think I'd prefer the other one.

Also, anybody have any good xl clearo suggestions for such a set up? I usually vape around 3 ml/day, if that helps at all for suggestions for any of this. Thanks so much for any help!

Last edited:

obsidianchao

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
United States
I'd say buy a kanger protank. You don't have to worry about any juices cracking a plastic tank, since it's glass.

As for the indulgence, go for the 3.7. 6V is quite a bit, and you'd have to make sure to always get high resistance coils... with the 3.7, you can use low or medium resistance (1.8 and 2.4-ish, respectively).

Oktyabr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2009
Next to the ocean, WA
oktyabr.wordpress.com
Hi, been lurking for awhile and want to thank everybody for helping to make this place the great resource that it is. Sorry to bog down the forums with more purchase questions, I've just been stuck in an endless loop of researching.

I've been using long V2 batteries with phoenix clearos, and think it's time to step up. I'm considering this - Indulgence ECIG | Indulgence RIVA KIT | ECIGG - 3.7 V riva with 2500mah battery. Seems like the battery should last a real long time without a charge, which is one of the big things i'm looking for. Money is a bit tight so I'm just wondering what anybody thinks about it, if there are better options in a similar price range, etc. I'm starting to feel more comfortable with public vaping, but still, the less ridiculous it looks, the better. I prefer to go through this company just because they're located a couple miles from me, so faster shipping, supporting local business and all that. They have a 6V riva that's the same price, though with duel 1000mah batteries, and from my limited knowledge, think I'd prefer the other one.

Also, anybody have any good xl clearo suggestions for such a set up? I usually vape around 3 ml/day, if that helps at all for suggestions for any of this. Thanks so much for any help!

"The design is solder free and without wires featuring a manual switch activated by a solid metal button that will tolerate over one million presses (machine tested). There is no electronic circuit inside of body, also we add vent in bottom cap for air cooling, that is why we say it is durable and high quality"

What you basically have there is a "mechanical mod". Your options are wide open and you might want to google "Sigelei", "KTS", and "mech mod" too. I recommend buying the mod separately and spending a few more dollars on quality, name brand batteries and charger, because that's where most of these "kits" make their profit margins.

truushot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2013
A vape shop near you

Strmywtrs

May 15, 2013
Philadelphia
Thanks a lot for the link! Think I might go with the vamo v2 now that I saw in there, not too expensive and I'm curious about vv. the kit costs $21 extra, and comes with Panasonic 18650 Battery +
18650 Dual Wall Charger + Clearomizer. Is it worth going with that, or should I get the battery and charger separately?

Last edited:

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Thanks a lot for the link! Think I might go with the vamo v2 now that I saw in there, not too expensive and I'm curious about vv.

You're welcome. Regarding the Vamo I own it and the one suggestion I would make is to spend a little more and buy from a reputable Vendor here in the U.S. that will replace if it has issues. LOVE my Vamo. Stainless Steel finish is more expensive but the other finishes don't wear well at all. As Oktyabr stated buy the batteries and charger separate- batts and charger that come with Vamo Starter Kit are absolute garbage and the failure rate is very high.
Cheap quality batts and delivery to me was 11 days:
$17.53 Panasonic NCR18650B 18650 3.7V 3400mAh Rechargeable Li-ion Batteries (2-Pack) 2-pack - button top / 55mohm internal resistance at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
or
$10.03 Panasonic CGR18650CH Rechargeable 2250mAh 3.7V 18650 Lithium Batteries 2-pack - authentic cells / 2-pack at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
Use coupon code CPASTE13SPRING for 5% discount

Best of Luck.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Thanks a lot for the link! Think I might go with the vamo v2 now that I saw in there, not too expensive and I'm curious about vv.

The Vamo is a MUCH better PV that what you were going to get. Just remember to use your Vamo in RMS (N02) mode and adjust your power in watts. Most start out between 7.5 - 8.0 watts and adjust up or down depending on the resistence of your atty/carto and personal preference. Here is one of the better deals on Vamo's locally:

VAMO Variable Volt/Watt APV V2

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Thanks a lot for the link! Think I might go with the vamo v2 now that I saw in there, not too expensive and I'm curious about vv. the kit costs $21 extra, and comes with Panasonic 18650 Battery +
18650 Dual Wall Charger + Clearomizer. Is it worth going with that, or should I get the battery and charger separately?

The true beauty of the Vamo is it's VW/ variable wattage- set the watts and it doesn't matter what carto, clearo, etc you put on it the Vamo reads it and calculates the wattage= consistent. I also really like the no nonsense easy to use menu.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.

Strmywtrs

May 15, 2013
Philadelphia

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Alright, looks like I'm going with the exhalevapors vamo and the 3400 mah Panasonic batteries. This charger seem alright? $10.78 Vogue 4*18650 2-Port USB Mobile Emergency Power Pack w/SOC Indicator - recharges by USB port or wall charger / 2A current output at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping Exhalevapors has a package that comes with a trust fire charger, though it only comes with one battery that seems worse than the Panasonic.

Nice, but it might not give you the quality and control of a regular charger.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 13, 2011
    Toronto, Ont.
    Alright, looks like I'm going with the exhalevapors vamo and the 3400 mah Panasonic batteries. This charger seem alright? $10.78 Vogue 4*18650 2-Port USB Mobile Emergency Power Pack w/SOC Indicator - recharges by USB port or wall charger / 2A current output at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping Exhalevapors has a package that comes with a trust fire charger, though it only comes with one battery that seems worse than the Panasonic.

My first PV was a Mech Mod Starter Kit. The Mech Mod was great and still fires perfectly today but the Trustfire batts and Tr-001/ TrustFire Charger- tossed them out 4 months later as they failed. A rule of thumb around here is avoid anything with the name "fire" in it. As Oktyabr said there's usually a "weak" link in most starter kits.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread