Constant Stomach Ache

Status
Not open for further replies.

SelenaLC

Feb 24, 2015
Virginia
Been vaping about 6 months. Started with basic ego setup, then 2 months in changed to Kanger Protank 3 with dual coil. Took a while to find a flavor I liked but finally settled on a strawberry kiwi and have been vaping it about 5 of the six months. I have always had some digestive issues in my life but usually come and go, I'd say lasting a week or so and then month sometimes months with no symptoms. However that has all changed in the last 3 months. I have had constant bloating, pain, constipation, trapped wind and even weight gain. As I said before I've experienced problems such as these in the past but never lasting this long. I have changed my diet, (I eat fairly healthy anyway) introduced kefir, enzymes, omeprozale and things of the like and still have these issues. I have finally decided to contribute this to vaping. That brings me here as a new member. HELP! I'm wondering is this a PG sensitivity? Dual coil wicks? I don't know what to do and having been cigarette free for over 6 months now after being an 18 year smoker, I don't want to end up a nasty smoker again! Feedback would be so greatly appreciated!!

Valeriya

Feb 24, 2015
Denver, USA
Been vaping about 6 months. Started with basic ego setup, then 2 months in changed to Kanger Protank 3 with dual coil. Took a while to find a flavor I liked but finally settled on a strawberry kiwi and have been vaping it about 5 of the six months. I have always had some digestive issues in my life but usually come and go, I'd say lasting a week or so and then month sometimes months with no symptoms. However that has all changed in the last 3 months. I have had constant bloating, pain, constipation, trapped wind and even weight gain. As I said before I've experienced problems such as these in the past but never lasting this long. I have changed my diet, (I eat fairly healthy anyway) introduced kefir, enzymes, omeprozale and things of the like and still have these issues. I have finally decided to contribute this to vaping. That brings me here as a new member. HELP! I'm wondering is this a PG sensitivity? Dual coil wicks? I don't know what to do and having been cigarette free for over 6 months now after being an 18 year smoker, I don't want to end up a nasty smoker again! Feedback would be so greatly appreciated!!

Try changing the flavors. I think that should do the trick. Pros will know better though.

patsfan1130

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Boston
Could be PG sensitivity - My advice is to make an appointment with a doctor. If you've had digestive problems for a long time my guess, and it's only a guess is that whatever ailment you suffer from COULD be getting worse and may have nothing to do with vaping. Only a doctor can determine that.

Best of luck

glointhedark

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
Antelope, CA, USA
See your doctor.

In the meantime, have you upped your intake of water since you started vaping? Vaping can be dehydrating. Are you getting plenty of fresh fruits and veggies? My daughter and I both have IBS. In addition, my daughter is on daily medication for a thyroid issue, and we found around a year and a half ago that she is gluten sensitive. We watch what we eat and drink, and read labels very carefully. We have not noticed any increased problems since we started vaping.

chav

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2014
Virginia
I think too much vaping is a matter of personal opinion, I've had days where I've gone through 8ml and wanted more, and I've had days where I've used 2ml and had to stop, no one knows your body better than you. Definitely drink water, and see if vaping a little less makes your stomach a little better, if it does it might be time for less nic, or different juice brand / flavor

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
You should go see a doctor.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...hen-quitting-tobacco-changing-ecigarette.html

Toward the end of the post:
Ulcerative Colitis is sometimes classed as a 'non-smoker's disease' as it is more prevalent among non-smokers; presenting with UC also has a statistical correlation with a smoking cessation event. Since it is a disease with a strong genetic connection (it is often found to run in families), there is a school of thought that says that if your family appears to have a strong genetic predisposition to UC, then you should consider smoking as a preventative measure; or, don't quit smoking; or, if the condition has already presented, then smoke one or two cigarettes a day as a treatment. There are doctors who have suggested all of these measures; others suggest using NRT products such as nicotine skin patches.

There is some research that demonstrates that nicotine is the beneficial agent here; we also know that another of the tobacco alkaloids, anatabine, has a powerful anti-inflammatory action. Therefore if someone decides to use an e-cigarette for nicotine consumption as a preventive measure against UC, or as a treatment after the condition presents (which would appear to be a better option than smoking), then consideration might be given to using a WTA refill as against a plain nicotine one (WTA or whole tobacco alkaloid refills include the other active alkaloids such as nornicotine, anatabine, anabasine and myosmine - this approach reduces cravings for those who still experience them even when receiving sufficient nicotine substitution). Currently there are two vendors of WTA refills. Another alternative is Swedish Snus, an oral tobacco popular in Sweden that is specially processed to remove most carcinogens and has an excellent safety record (it is not associated with oropharyngeal cancer [mouth cancers]). Note: only the Swedish-made version should be used as we only have solid risk data for this product.

You really need to go to a doctor, at least to rule out something more serious.

Also: http://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/tc/diverticulitis-topic-overview

Make a doctors appointment.

SelenaLC

Feb 24, 2015
Virginia
Today I'm going back to my old setup. The cheesy evod ego starter set. Seems back before my 'upgrade' setup I didn't have these issues. Also, I plan to go to vape store today and get a lower Nic level. Seems some stores sell nothing less than 6 or 8. Do I have to order online for lower? I've tried Virgin Vapors but don't know about other vendors as I'm still so new to all this. I definitely don't want any artificial anything in my body. I don't eat it and don't want to vape it. Oh, and I just made an appointment with my Dr. Very hesitantly I might add. Dr's aren't my favorite but that's another topic indeed.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Today I'm going back to my old setup. The cheesy evod ego starter set. Seems back before my 'upgrade' setup I didn't have these issues. Also, I plan to go to vape store today and get a lower Nic level. Seems some stores sell nothing less than 6 or 8. Do I have to order online for lower? I've tried Virgin Vapors but don't know about other vendors as I'm still so new to all this. I definitely don't want any artificial anything in my body. I don't eat it and don't want to vape it. Oh, and I just made an appointment with my Dr. Very hesitantly I might add. Dr's aren't my favorite but that's another topic indeed.

I'm glad that you made the doctor appointment. I dislike going to a doctor too. Sometimes it is needed. :)

I also had this problem about 2 months in to vaping. I came to the conclusion it was to high of nic and poor draw. Once I found a tank ( lemo ) that had good airflow and cut down my nic, I went away. I now vape between 0 and 5 nic.
If you are only able to buy 6mg nic you could get a 0 nic and a 6 nic, mix half and half for a 3 mg nic.
But ya..... See your dr. Better to be safe.

SelenaLC

Feb 24, 2015
Virginia
I'm hoping less nic will help. I'm pretty much desperate for relief here and while not a fan of Drs and tests am actually looking forward to seeing mine tomorrow. Another question.... I've read here so much about air flow. I'm so confused. I have a device that I'm able to adjust the air flow and one that has only three air holes. If I'm possibly taking in too much air (hence the trapped gas) shouldn't i use the tank with less airflow. I just don't know enough about all this. Maybe I should learn about building my own device with cotton coils? Maybe the material the wicks are made of could be a problem?? I just don't know. Any and all opinions and feedback are appreciated. Help!

So this is just my opinion but I felt with the smaller tank with 2 small air holes I had to draw hard to vape and was "swallowing" air, thus getting stomached aches. When I switched to the nautilus tank with better airflow it subsided. I now have a lemo tank with even better airflow and have no problems. Also cut down on my nic so not 100% sure if it was the nic or the airflow! but my guess would be the airflow.

SelenaLC

Feb 24, 2015
Virginia
Ok I'm posting this with hopes that if anyone has had or may in the future have any related issues such as mine, this may help someone else. I switched to my old evod setup yesterday. Single coil cigarette style vape. After months of daily stomach cramping, and downright awful bloating and miserableness, I have no pain. I don't know what the difference is because I'm vaping same juice, just different vape. Makes no sense to me. Complete mystery. My previous model was AVAIL Vapor | AVAIL Infuse Edge - AVAIL Vapor.
Again, I don't know why changing the units would help. But believe me, I'm both delightfully happy and completely confused at the same time. Pain free and still enjoying vaping. Yay!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread