Construction worker needs a good vape setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Most durable regulated mod would have to be a Provari. Literally a regulated mod made to be as durable as a mechanical mod. There's dozens of survival stories here on ECF (list of them at the end of my blog).

WHY PROVARI?

Mod body is made of USA stainless steel block. Solid 510 connector. Literally waterproof. One year manufacturer's warranty, option for a second year at time of purchase, manufacturer repair support for life.

Provari's are often on sale for $100 or less on the "Specials" page at Provape.

mini_kayfun_zps12d5e123.jpg
proxy.php
miniprovari-jpg.454519
Provari Mini 2.5

Serenity Gear makes leather sleeves that you can attach to your belt to carry your mod with you when out and about. I just carry my Provari in a front pants pocket.

FS-PV3.jpg

silvertorch

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2014
Chicago
Another vote for Provari, but its a hesitant vote at that. Not sure if any of the modern tanks would pair well with the V2.5 since it doesn't fire anything below 1.2 or 1.3 ohms.
Provari V2.5 with a dripper would be good I suppose if you build it high enough.

Baditude are the P3s as indestructible as the V2.5?

If you had wanted to use a modern sub ohm tank and keep the cost down, I would say go with something like an iStick 50W and silicon skin with a Delta II sub ohm tank.
The iStick 50W has a comfortable shape with 2 batteries and the Delta II sub ohm tank has a stainless shell around the pyrex tank. Not indestructable but better than just pyrex on the outside.

My Vapor Store has all 3 pretty cheap (first google result =).
iStick 50W - $40
iStick 50W sleeve - $4
Delta II Sub Ohm tank - $27

Reactions: Baditude

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Another vote for Provari, but its a hesitant vote at that. Not sure if any of the modern tanks would pair well with the V2.5 since it doesn't fire anything below 1.2 or 1.3 ohms.
Provari V2.5 with a dripper would be good I suppose if you build it high enough.

Baditude are the P3s as indestructible as the V2.5?
I've only had my P3 for a few weeks, but from what I can tell it is made to be as indestructible as the 2.5. With the firmware update, the P3 will fire a 0.5 ohm atty.

My first build on my Kayfun was 1.0 ohm, which was used on my older Provari 2.5 version. Just didn't set the voltage over 3.5 volts and it fired fine.

DanJiblets

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
Shorewood, IL
This is gonna sound crazy but hear me out.

Its different for me as when I work I'm wearing a heavy jacket so my mod is in my jacket pocket. It takes a beating getting hit and such, I carry an IPV4, but I hear exactly what your saying.

If I was you I would consider an iStick 30. They are tiny and weight nothing. Few others in that same class as well but the i30 is freakin tiny.

Not the greatest mod in the world but plenty of power to subohm through the day. And honestly if worst case happens your out 30 bucks.

And put something nicer in your hand after work.
This is exactly what I do. I have a very dirty, active, physical job. I use a cheap istick 30. Small, lightweight, runs my subtanks just fine, lasts through an 8 hour day. I come home to an Evic-VT and a couple Coolfire 4s. I do really like the look of that invader though. That'd be my choice if I didn't have an istick 30. I don't like having to swap batteries though, but that thing looks nice!

KalThaxx

ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2012
Cleveland
i work in the construction industry too. You can't go wrong with a REO & Provari. My Provari stays in my car with a kayfun on top for my breaks and carry my REO Grand with a cyclone atty on top with all over the site and on heavy equipment. Both are amazing American made quality devices that have been around for a long time and stood the test of time as well.

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
I also work in a similar field. I do pest control and I use reguler EGOs with Smok EBC clearomizers(Because its cheap) My problem is when it sits in my truck while im working the HEAT will make all my tanks leak and gurgle.. Any recommendations'?
it Sucks having all my nice Mods but cant use them at work :/

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
Get one with good thick insulation. I found this out while kayaking on the Texas Coast. I was keeping my mod and my phone in a plano dry box and after a couple of hours in the sun, my phone screen read too hot. My mod would still work but tank would start to leak. I started placing the drybox inside a soft cooler and no more problems. Hope it works for you as well. I just ordered the Heatvape Invader Mini as I fish and camp a lot as well as kayaking so I need a rugged durable mod. No USB port for charging but I carry a spare battery most of the time anyway, if not a spare mod and tank. I also have the original 15 watt E LVT Dove Po that I take out on the kayak and it is still going strong, even with getting splashed with saltwater. Only problem I have had with it is the set screw for the battery has rusted from the saltwater and sometimes when changing the settings it starts firing and I have to remove the atomizer to stop it. Maybe a little saltwater corrosion somewhere. It will still be my backup kayak mod. I am thinking of trying a Kanger Nano tank on it with a 1.2 at 15 watts and see how it does.

Reactions: MikeyConti

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
Get one with good thick insulation. I found this out while kayaking on the Texas Coast. I was keeping my mod and my phone in a plano dry box and after a couple of hours in the sun, my phone screen read too hot. My mod would still work but tank would start to leak. I started placing the drybox inside a soft cooler and no more problems. Hope it works for you as well. I just ordered the Heatvape Invader Mini as I fish and camp a lot as well as kayaking so I need a rugged durable mod. No USB port for charging but I carry a spare battery most of the time anyway, if not a spare mod and tank. I also have the original 15 watt E LVT Dove Po that I take out on the kayak and it is still going strong, even with getting splashed with saltwater. Only problem I have had with it is the set screw for the battery has rusted from the saltwater and sometimes when changing the settings it starts firing and I have to remove the atomizer to stop it. Maybe a little saltwater corrosion somewhere. It will still be my backup kayak mod. I am thinking of trying a Kanger Nano tank on it with a 1.2 at 15 watts and see how it does.

Yeah I'm looking for a little but Thick insulated bag.. like ones used to carry 4 cans of beer or soda...

EvlSmrk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2014
Pulaski, NY
I'd suggest either an Invader Mini or Provari. Unfortunately with either of those, you're going to need to be able to swap batteries. If that's a problem, an iStick 30W or 50W will probably work fine, but not be as able to take a drop/hit/whatever. Either way, go with a solid metal tank or dripper, though most of the new sub ohm tanks are rocking Pyrex tanks and while not indestructible, can take quite a bit of abuse. Anything cheaper than those, while inexpensive, may not give you what you're looking for in a vape. They'd be cheap to replace, but not very enjoyable when they work, so I'd stay away from those. Haven't had my Invader Mini for very long, but it's already taken some abuse and keeps on ticking just fine.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Provari is definitely tough. I've dropped mine on concrete several times (rolls out of the car seat), picked it up and examined it and could hardly tell where it hit.

That said, when I'm out I like something that I can plug into a USB port to charge. Sure, you can carry a charger with a car cord, but nothing beats plugging it into a USB port. Adapters for the cigarette lighter plug are at every checkout in the U.S. these days.

The iStick is a good option. I also like my Innokin Cool Fire 4. It charges from USB and goes down to .5 or .2 ohms, depending on the source you read, and also goes to 40W. I get 12 or 13 hours vaping and the battery is at about 40%. I charge it at night before I go to bed (not while sleeping, though) and it's ready to go in the AM.

There are lots of choices. You just have to define your preferences and pick from the ones that meet your needs. Cases, holsters, and sleeves help to protect it from drops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread