Contaminated Juul pods

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Life is not sterile people.

I don't even CARE about the rat poop (to be fair, I had my first 5 am day I don't care about much) like if the food is good, eat it. Dood. I mean, if I found a rat TAIL in my ramen noodles, I probably wouldn't eat them. But lets face it, they probably would have had more nutritive power WITH the tail, most likely.

I think someone found a band aid in some can of something, once, That's pretty gross but it probably did not kill him, unless he was Howard Hughes or something.

That's what I mean, all that money and he was Just Miserable with his Cleanliness Disorder.

I exposed my kid to a lot of dirt, early on. And by that I mean I did not freak if the pacifier fell to the ground. If dirt and germs were so terrible, we would ALL be dead. I've decided not to care about science, or the fact that it has become "Science,." NOT TODAY anyway.

Maybe at some future date but eh, I just can't bring me to indignation really.

Anna

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
The ironic thing is there are products (probiotics) that advertise they have extra microbes that make it even better. I looked it up and those microbes come form common dirt. Ever wonder why animals are so healthy? They eat dirt (food and stuff they eat is sitting on the dirt... even the water puddles have dirt) Extra minerals, probiotic microbes, ect. And fungus molds... that's everywhere (you house AC/heater ducts probably have really bad stuff in them) You want to worry about germs... think about the door handle you touch next time you enter a mall (a doctor told me that once... he said don't worry about people coughing and sneezing, worry about everything you touch... then he said the mall example) I saw a show where they tested the ice in fast food places, then tested the toilet water... want to guess which had more microbes :shock:

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Some level of sanitation is important. You really don't want cholera or some of the other diseases that were (or and still can be) common in places/times where sanitation is lacking.

But it's certainly possible to go overboard with worrying about such things as well.

I exposed my kid to a lot of dirt, early on.
Yep. One of my daughter's favorite memories was playing in the dirt:

ggJ0Azy.jpg

And the fact that we didn't tell her she shouldn't do that 'cause she's a girl.

She's 22 now, and healthy as a horse.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yup. I run into the "anxious" mom syndrome all the time, and I always want to say, "Not only are you OVER REACTING to like having a new baby, you are going to pass on your anxiety neurosis."

Sigh. Instead I just like, ignore it and talk about "enjoying one's new baby" and this being important.

I mean, get washing a pacifier if it falls on the floor in a doctor's office (maybe) but it's kind of like "Doctor's office sick/well" rooms. One of my pediatricians had one and while they were very nice, I always wanted to say, "Um unless you have separate OFFICE spaces and equipment, this is FUTILE and also, you are gonna get a "well" child who is incubating something GIVE IT UP already."

But yes, these things exist.

Anna

This is also why I get the flu shot the minute it comes out every year. I am also considering just PAYING out of pocket for the dang pneumonia shot! No one will "authorize it." I am ABOUT to tell my doctor I am a "heavy vaper" I bet they do it THEN but then my medical record will be POLLUTED.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread