CONTEST: What am I? Guess right, and I could be yours!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dopeh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2011
Montreal
Thank goodness this is over! I was one of the lucky beta testers and have been just bursting to spill the beans.

I love this thing. It is so well made and does exactly what is claimed. For me personally, I treasure it especially because it has given me back my beloved non-LR 801 atomizers. Yes, this works well with just about any atomizer or cartomizer – or 510-to-whatever adapter – you can screw into it. And that screw-in-ability is the same as with the eGo itself.

Just be aware: As clarified on the Happy Vaper website, the Ego Booster is aptly named, i.e., it boosts the voltage of the Joye eGo (including the eGo-T) ... not any of the clones, e.g., Riva, KGO, VGO, or "Ego" knockoffs. I understand that it also may work on some mods (e.g., the Precise) with very high mAh or IMR batteries and the appropriate 510-to-510 extender adapter. Once I receive the batts and adapters I've ordered, I'll test it out on my 14650 and 18650 NoEgo's.
omfg if this thing works on a 18650 I'm sticking it on my REO Grand - I do have some Happy eGo batts as well

kelleymcm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
oklahoma city
sooooooo ahhh why ? what would be different .... ego is 3.2 riva is 3.2 ??

Oh & would that be true of the riva se's which are 3.7's ??

are you talking amp differences or what ??
I am missing something here aren't I ????

& I was thinking that one would need to use different carto's
& ce'2 or what have ya' cuz don't they just burn up w/higher Voltage ?

no LR stuff ....right ? need closer to HV stuff ...right?

:blink: I have totally confused myself now .............

Last edited:

kelleymcm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
oklahoma city
ohh harmonic I was trying to ask Don (or HV guys) that ?

Cuz like I have Riva's (reg & SE) & the only true ego batts I have are ego-t .... so I was just wondering the difference ....sorry I am STILL trying to understand all this mAh/omh/volt stuff ....

I know my SE's are new and just seem way too hot for my tanks & some of the ce2's ????? which are tasting burnt ...& one would think that there would NOT be much difference between 3.2 & 3.7 ,but there really is so using vv all the way to 4.7 seems un-useable ?? @ least with what I have now ....so what do the folks w/ higher voltage & VV devices use ?

this is probably NOT really the thread to ask these ??'s in but Don started it :lol:

so I was just asking here, in case he came back in
,or in case the HV guys would like to explain it .

ISBN

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Happy Dale Sanatorium
Here is some info I was able to get:

The Booster just has a problem (or rather these batteries have a problem with the Booster) with 3.7 volt devices.

The eGo and close eGo knock-offs (which I'm assuming the FS eGo set is) seem to work okay with the Booster. If the deviceis listed as a direct eGo replacement it should be okay.

The issue is that eGo's use a switching (PWM) scheme to control the output power. The Booster works hand in hand with this. If the device puts out a constant 3.7 volts, it doesn't switch, and probably won't work with the Booster.

Best thing is, just test it for a short while and see if the battery does anything weird (like the switch flashes, it locks on, or anything like that). Be prepared, if the battery acts strange, to unscrew the Booster. We've had some Rivas wherethe unit locked on, but that was only after a couple of drags. If you use it for a little while, and have no problems, it should work just fine.

Oh, and don't worry about killing the Booster by putting it on the wrong battery. The booster has lots of safety features built into it so it won't get hurt. Unfortunately the Booster can't do anything about the battery that's feeding it, and that's where the issues lie.

I should have explained the the FS eGo holds a 4.2volt and different 501 eGo connector. So, I don't think that would work if a Riva at 3.7 had a few glitches. Then a 4.2volt would be right out, so check your battery and ask HappyVapor before using. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Happy Jack

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Hey guys!

The knowledgeable folks at Artisan Vaping have created this Ego Booster FAQ to help answer your questions.

To keep the discussion in one place, where all can see, we'll be closing this thread and continuing the discussion over there. Hope you'll join us!

Thanks so much for the interest and hope you enjoyed the contest and hope you all LOVE the Ego Booster!

Vape Happy!
Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread