Not open for further replies.

jonnyblatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2012
South Florida
www.thebossusa.com
I get E5 and E8 errors that come and go.

No matter what I set my voltage at it outputs 5.2. I'm using a zap so I test the positive post and neg screw.

I'm going to try giving it an alcohol bath tonight.

Has anyone else experience this problem with the converter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tinstar15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Lakeland, FL
Is it doing that with other cartos/attys/tanks/etc or just with the ZAP?

If it's E5 E8 with everything then your unit may have gone stupid.

On the ZAP, make sure the wick isn't touching the base inside the tank, and that it's not touching the top section center post.

That's about all I can think of at the moment. Hopefully someone less medicated will see this and help out.

jonnyblatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2012
South Florida
www.thebossusa.com
Is it doing that with other cartos/attys/tanks/etc or just with the ZAP?

If it's E5 E8 with everything then your unit may have gone stupid.

On the ZAP, make sure the wick isn't touching the base inside the tank, and that it's not touching the top section center post.

That's about all I can think of at the moment. Hopefully someone less medicated will see this and help out.

Haven't tried it with anything else. Not sure how i would even measure with a carto guess it would just be really burnt on an lr atty. The coil is built correctly on the zap. There are no short. I am measuring the voltage by putting the red probe on the positive post of the atty and the black probe on the ground screw. Provari set at 2.9 it reads 5.2. Provari set at 4.0 it reads 5.4. Coil gets hot immediately and I have a 2.5 ohm coil built. 6 wraps of 32 gauge on a fat wick.

When I put the ZAP on a mechanical mod with a fresh battery at 4.1 the coil barely even fires since its very high resistance at 2.5.... This is how I know there is a problem with the converter.

Alcohol bath overnight did not help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread