Converting Mom

Status
Not open for further replies.

HazMatt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
Columbia, TN, USA
Mom is a 2 PAD smoker. 40 Pall Mall, red, 100s each day.

I started vaping 38 days ago. Mom seemed to gain interest from the day I started. My mom has so many health issues, I suggested she talk to her doctor before starting. She visited her GP who liked the idea but, he suggested that she talk to her lung doctor. Last Tuesday, her lung doctor said go for it.

Shortly after she returned from her doctor's appointment, I stopped by her house. By noon, mom was vaping a vision spinner 1300/CE6 filled with tiramisu from deejstuff. She taste tested some of the juices I had and found three that she liked... tiramisu, cola, and monster energy. I left her the spinner 1300, a CE6, a T3, an iClear 30, and a USB passthrough.

That Tuesday she smoked a total of 10 cigarette. Most of which, were before noon. Tuesday she smoked 3. Thursday, 4. Friday she smoked more, she would not give me a number. But, she was in a car for a few hourss which is one of her worst triggers.

I am so proud of my mother. So proud, in fact, I bought her another battery, some eVods, and more juices.

Mom likes coffee flavors. However, I have not found a "coffee with cream and sugar" flavor. So, I ordered some cappuccino. Hopefully, that will do the trick. Since she likes the tiramisu, I ordered more of it as well.

I believe we will be a smoke free family before the end of June.

Nicadmus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2013
Portland, Oregon, United States
That's wonderful to hear. Congratulations to the both of you. Pretty nice little package you put together for her. My mom has also started vaping after seeing me have success, and just last week my sister asked to borrow a battery and try it out. We might very well be a smoke free family now too. Insane.

HazMatt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
Columbia, TN, USA
I never expected her to smoke so few this soon! Her home healthcare aid suggested throwing out all of mom's cigs. I quickly revoked that idea. I don't want mom to suffer or feel forced in any way. I am excited that she has done this well so far. Hopefully she quits the stinkies by the end of June but, I am happy that she is smoking less.

Beardy

Verified Member
Apr 18, 2013
Portland, OR
That's awesome HazMatt! Congrats to the both of you. My dad just ordered his first kit on Thursday after he borrowed an ego and a clearo from me. He's been smoke free for a week, and I'm really proud of him. I laid the sell on him pretty strong at first and he was reluctant, but he really found it satisfying after a few days. Everyone moves at their own pace, I'm just happy he decided to try.

HazMatt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
Columbia, TN, USA
Mom called and asked if she could taste test a few more juices. I went over board my first couple weeks of vaping and I have over 30 flavors from various places :)

She found a couple more that she likes. But, if I find her a really good coffee flavor, I think that will be all she vapes. As long as she is smoking less, I will buy what ever flavor she wants. She only had 4 cigs yesterday. That makes 24 cigs since she started vaping Tuesday. Quite an improvement over the 180, or so, it would have been, if not for vaping.

Good for your mom (and you!)! My mother won't even take a taste. My brother likes a coffee and cream juice from Mountain Oak.

Is it sweet? Cream and sugar is how my mom took her coffee.

Equus5O

ECF Veteran
Mom called and asked if she could taste test a few more juices. I went over board my first couple weeks of vaping and I have over 30 flavors from various places :)

She found a couple more that she likes. But, if I find her a really good coffee flavor, I think that will be all she vapes. As long as she is smoking less, I will buy what ever flavor she wants. She only had 4 cigs yesterday. That makes 24 cigs since she started vaping Tuesday. Quite an improvement over the 180, or so, it would have been, if not for vaping.

I think so. He favors the sweet ones. He's into blueberry pancake right now. LOL

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
Don't undercut mom with the nic juice. If she was a 2 pack a day like I was then start her with 24 nic juice to get off the analogs, once that happens and she's hooked on vapin then decrease the nic level to a 18 or 12 inwhich took me a couple months. Now I'm finding the 24 too strong on the throat so I'm now running my 24 down and buying 18 and 12 juices and am a Happy Vaper.

daleron

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA

ThunderVapes will let you add extra sweetner in his juices, all you have to do is ask for it in the comments box. Just a thought, I'm sure some of the other vendor's will do the same :)

candimccann

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 15, 2012
    Lenexa, KS, US
    www.youtube.com
    Try a separate bottle of sweetener. She can add a drop if she wants it. I have a major sweet tooth, but have never chosen the 'add sweetener' option from any juice company. I have found I really don't need it. Besides, the cream flavor that gets added to coffee is often sweet cream or bavarian cream and those are a bit sweet on their own.

HazMatt

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 12, 2013
    Columbia, TN, USA
    Thanks for the heads up on the sweetener.

it's feels great to convert people.. but I'm sure it feels even better to convert your own family.

congrats since getting 'older long time smokers' to convert can sometimes be a bit of a challenge.

She has been smoking for 50 years. She started when she was 13.

Don't undercut mom with the nic juice. If she was a 2 pack a day like I was then start her with 24 nic juice to get off the analogs, once that happens and she's hooked on vapin then decrease the nic level to a 18 or 12 inwhich took me a couple months. Now I'm finding the 24 too strong on the throat so I'm now running my 24 down and buying 18 and 12 juices and am a Happy Vaper.

Most of the juices I have are 24mg. Mom asked if there is a higher nic level so, I ordered some 36mg yesterday.

Last edited:

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 2, 2013
    BC Canada
    36 nic is nasty stuff. I sometimes get the feeling with the 24 that I'm overnicing. Its very easy to overnic if your a newer vaporer and chain vape. Some symptoms of overnicing are the same as nicotine withdrawl, so if lightheaded and sickly feeling its more prone to be overnic than withdrawl. Insomnia is another form of overnicing, if getting to sleep isn't what it use to be cause nicotine is a stimulent and late night cronic vaping could keep you up most of the night. There are threads in ECF that explain nicotine and help you understand it better.

Maggiemw

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 23, 2013
    Middle East
    You are one great son! Congratulations and best wishes to both you and your mom!

Your mom is only a couple of years older than I am, so I would also say not to let anyone other than her make decisions for her. We may be more technologically challenged than the younger generations, but we know what we like, and we know when we're in nicotine OD...

Anyway, congratulations once more!!!

Last edited:

HazMatt

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 12, 2013
    Columbia, TN, USA
    36 nic is nasty stuff. I sometimes get the feeling with the 24 that I'm overnicing. Its very easy to overnic if your a newer vaporer and chain vape. Some symptoms of overnicing are the same as nicotine withdrawl, so if lightheaded and sickly feeling its more prone to be overnic than withdrawl. Insomnia is another form of overnicing, if getting to sleep isn't what it use to be cause nicotine is a stimulent and late night cronic vaping could keep you up most of the night. There are threads in ECF that explain nicotine and help you understand it better.

Thanks for the consern. However, I have read all about over nic. I started with 36mg and now vape 18 - 24mg. Taste is subjective, one person's nasty is another person's awesome.

Congrats - Yeah Mom, wtg!

Vapor Bomb has an awesome coffee and you can add cream & sugar, sign up for their newsletter and get notice of sales, discount codes;
    Coffee E Juice

hth! ;)

I will have to try them out. Thanks

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread