Converting Mom

Status
Not open for further replies.

EFBEEDUB

Verified Member
Jan 26, 2013
New york
A good coffee flavor is wake and cape from epic juice u can find it on vapor labs its become my go to morning vape have it in my aga t2 next to my bed I wake up n reach for it before anything else puts a huge smile on my face...I'm from NY it taste just like my favorite my coffee from this breakfast stand near my old job

basylica

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Dallas, Tx
I did 2 months of 1-2 cigs a day down from just shy of a PAD, then haven't had one in about 6 weeks.
my mom came to visit from chicago and I had her playing with and smelling and tasting juices and batts and let her take my white cloud cigalike (with like 30 carts and 3 batteries) and my 5 or 6 disposable flings with her, and if she is using them i'd absolutely send her a starter's kit of some juice and a few egos and clearos.
she had a 650 ego and a c4 to use at my house with a juice she liked. she def was smoking but i'd say she cut back a fair ammt while visiting me :)
my brother and I talked the other day and he said she has been using them YAY!
he said too bad it couldn't help him with his dip habit....*facepalm*

I was like yo, you can vape. it'll help with the nic fits and chew gum ;)

HazMatt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
Columbia, TN, USA
Mom finished off the coffee e-juice she liked on Saturday and slipped a little on Sunday, 10 stinkies smoked. That is still a lot better than 40. Monday = 4 and Tuesday = 4. I am glad she likes the Monster e-juice that I keep on hand. If not, Monday and Tuesday may have been worse.

I am very proud of her. She should receive 2 vapemails before noon, both with coffee e-juices. One of them we know she likes, and the other has a cappuccino for her to try out.

By the way, my name is Matthew and I am a trained Hazardous Waste Responder...thus my screen name.

And, I have been told I look a little like Chris Farley, though not quite as fat...or funny ;)

Last edited:

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
She's doing fine, HazMatt. Indeed, one of the hazards of vaping is running out of, well, anything! I'm lucky to have a (reasonably) close B&M that carries the blends I prefer, although of course a bit higher cost. But at least in a pinch I can get some there.

And starting out, of course, you don't want to get big bottles of unknown flavors, so it does complicate things.

Keeping enough of the right juice, spare batteries and a spare charger, spare delivery devices, coils... Once you've been at it a while, all you lack is spare change :p

Mud Pie

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2013
Cypress, TX
Good on you for helping save your Mom.

My Dad passed quite a few years ago from smoking 2-3 packs a day of unfiltered Lucky Strikes. I've always wondered if I/he knew of e-cigs back then if he'd even try them. He was the typical stubborn Irishman and started on Luckies when he was around 7 (so he says...).

He always said he would smoke until the day he died and he stayed true to his word. My Mom found him lying on the kitchen floor; an unlit Lucky between his fingers.

Congrats on your Mom and more so to YOU for getting her to change !!

basylica

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Dallas, Tx
Holy cow! So I just talked to my mom for the first time since she left town (10 days?) and I asked her if she was vaping much...and she said she's probably smoked 10 cigs since she got home. o_O!!!

mom was easy a PAD smoker (but she'd smoke half of a virgina slim menthol light 120. don't ask me why I have that memorized! and light up again 5min later) so thats HUGE!

I told her i'd send her more goodies if she wanted, thinking a vision and some evods would be good for her, but she said "Oh, i dunno....I am not sure I could do all that fiddly stuff" which is funnily enough what I said. LOL.

Wish white cloud had gift certs. She's been going through my flavors and likes the vanilla and kick and cin flavors i'd bought.
I'd love to buy her a 50 dollar GC and let her pick flings or more carts for the battery kit I gave her :s

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

I am very proud of her. She should receive 2 vapemails before noon, both with coffee e-juices. One of them we know she likes, and the other has a cappuccino for her to try out.

This is the Key to when a Person starts Vaping.

Find something that they Like. Get Stocked Up. Then Branch out and try New Flavors. Always having their go to Flavor to Fall Back on if the New Flavors don't taste good.

BTW - Be sure to tell you Mom to try and Drink more Water than she may have before see Switched to Vaping. e-Cigarettes can Dry you Out. And Water helps to Curb the Cravings that coming down off Cigarettes can cause.

Tell her she is Doing Great and to Keep up the Good Work.

HazMatt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
Columbia, TN, USA
My mom drinks more water than anyone I know, over a gallon and a half per day. And she has problems with water retention. She was going to ask her doctor for a stronger diuretic before she started vaping.

When I told her that she would be exhaling more water vapor, while vaping, she decided to wait a while before asking to increase her diuretic.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

When I told her that she would be exhaling more water vapor, while vaping, she decided to wait a while before asking to increase her diuretic.

Good Call.

I believe in making One Change at a Time. And changing One's Smoking habits can be Dramatic.

Taking a Slow Approach I think works Best. Verses making a Bunch of Changes to Smoking, Diet and Water Intake all at Once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread