Status
Not open for further replies.

Commie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Michigan
For those that happen not to know -- blind squonking is when you sqeeze the bottle while tooting on your carto/atty without firing. It pulls juice into the atomizer. When you hear slight gurgle, it's enough. Stock VMod doesn't do it -- you have to tip it, but then you end up with a mouthfull of juice.

Get a silicone tube (or straw) and the bottom metal piece from a replaceable clearo head, like Vivi Nova. It kind of looks like a bolt without threads with a hole through the center. Put the metal piece into the tube.

IMAG0229.jpg

Pull the silicone cap that seals the bottle to the VMod out of the mod, and stick it onto your contraption, like so:

IMAG0230.jpg

Gently stick all that back into the VMod using paper clip or toothpick. Make sure not to pierce the silicone cap, and make sure it's stuck all the way down.

IMAG0231.jpg

Now you can keep your vmod vertical while squonking. If you feel brave, you can crazy glue the tube to the silicone cap, but it doesn't leak even without glue, and it's easier to wash if it's not glued.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia

Commie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Michigan
It confuses some people a bit as to how it seals, and I can't edit my original post for some reason :( So here's an addition:

The sole purpose of the metal bit from Vivi Nova is to hold the tube from falling out. It does not have to seal it at all. The seal is between the bottle and VMod's body, and is provided by the silicone cap.

IMAG0267.jpg

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
Thanks! I figured that out pretty much...the problem is I don't seem to have anything that is a "hollow bolt or nail" that would work. I tore apart a Kanger T2, but didn't see anything that looked like the piece in the OP. I took apart an old cartomizer, but the head on that won't work either. Sigh.

I'll have to wait until I can try to set this up, I guess! Oh well.

cowboy6591

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2013
Liberty, TN
Any idea what size tube to use and where to get some ? i'm thinking maybe some size of aquarium tubing ?

It's a little too late to post this but for the record, you can get this tubing at any hobby store that sells nitro methaine fuel for RC airplanes and hot rods. It's the tubing they all use in the fuel tanks and exterior hookups. It won't break-down from your cinimon juices after all it can handle nitromethaine it can handle anything.

cowboy6591

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2013
Liberty, TN
Thanks! I figured that out pretty much...the problem is I don't seem to have anything that is a "hollow bolt or nail" that would work. I tore apart a Kanger T2, but didn't see anything that looked like the piece in the OP. I took apart an old cartomizer, but the head on that won't work either. Sigh.

I'll have to wait until I can try to set this up, I guess! Oh well.
Hobby stores sell micro rivets for Do It Yourselfers too. hess we forget guys/gals the usefullness of hobby stores for micro parts. Hobby-Lobby anyone? Yep they have them.
As a matter of fact I use my RC Helicopter tools to work on my e-cigs all the time. [What happened to the spell checker in here?].

MasterofNone

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2013
New York
Have you ever rebuilt the heads for these fourth? It's the part you have to thread the wires through and push back in to the actual body of the head. It has the rubber gasket around it? I left the gasket on and it fits a Hershey's chocolate milk drink box straw fairly well :) or at least well enough to work and not leak... Lol. I don't use the juices that break things down so I figured an ACTUAL Straw would be fine til I get my lazy self to the store... At which point I'm buying wire so I can make this kicked 18650 instead of the 1490 I'm using now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

MasterofNone

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2013
New York
I got the tube here: Silicone Tubing

They seem a bit on the thin side, but they work. I wonder if Rob at Reosmods sells his tubes, they're much thicker and sturdier. The thin tube works fine for feeding 50/50 juice or thinner. I'd imagine anything with more VG, and you will need thicker tubes.

Do you have an ID/OD on this tubing? Looking to find something comparable on amazon. Or any recommendations for ID/OD?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Edit: rob from reosmods answered my inquiry in regard to their tube. 1/16 Id and 3/16 OD. So that's what I bought lol

Last edited:

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
I did that a year ago, but didn't trim the head off. I just trimmed the fins off. It was a snug fit to say the least in the neck of the bottle, but the needle went to just above the bottom of the bottle. I used a 16ga that I had and it was a little hard to feed. Just never seemed to place an order anywhere to get the 14ga needle. I think it would feed a much easier. I think a 12ga would be ideal for this modification, but don't think it is available. Need to do a google search.

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
I did that a year ago, but didn't trim the head off. I just trimmed the fins off. It was a snug fit to say the least in the neck of the bottle, but the needle went to just above the bottom of the bottle. I used a 16ga that I had and it was a little hard to feed. Just never seemed to place an order anywhere to get the 14ga needle. I think it would feed a much easier. I think a 12ga would be ideal for this modification, but don't think it is available. Need to do a google search.

I use 100% VG and the 14g works great.:) I also trimmed the fins, leaving the needle cap full length started to stretch the threaded part of the bottle so I trimmed it so it would fit tight and not stretch the threads.

Last edited:

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
For those that happen not to know -- blind squonking is when you sqeeze the bottle while tooting on your carto/atty without firing. It pulls juice into the atomizer. When you hear slight gurgle, it's enough. Stock VMod doesn't do it -- you have to tip it, but then you end up with a mouthfull of juice.

Get a silicone tube (or straw) and the bottom metal piece from a replaceable clearo head, like Vivi Nova. It kind of looks like a bolt without threads with a hole through the center. Put the metal piece into the tube.

View attachment 189594

Pull the silicone cap that seals the bottle to the VMod out of the mod, and stick it onto your contraption, like so:

View attachment 189595

Gently stick all that back into the VMod using paper clip or toothpick. Make sure not to pierce the silicone cap, and make sure it's stuck all the way down.

View attachment 189596

Now you can keep your vmod vertical while squonking. If you feel brave, you can crazy glue the tube to the silicone cap, but it doesn't leak even without glue, and it's easier to wash if it's not glued.

+100!!!

This makes squonking a Vmod so much more consistent and eliminates all that "tip, flip & squeeze" crap. Getting much more consistent performance now. A squeezy feeds, and then the release draws back a bit, but overall you get more liquid to the atty without flooding it at the same time. My Vmod is giving much better hits now! Donkeyshins! :D

I had some tubing that Super-T sent with a VapeMate and it's a perfect size. Unfortunately they don't tell you what size it is and they don't sell it separately either. When I get the tubing and my calipers to meet up in the same place I'll try to figure out what it is and report.

I also got it a bit shorter than I wanted, hoping to hit the bottom of the bottle. Will try again and give you all the length measurement for anyone interested.

Fourthrok, I used the center post you can find on the bottom of any Kanger BCC coils. (The coils everyone is rebuilding.) Not sure about the T2 but any of the ProTank, EVOD, MT3s or T3s heads will have one that works.

Tip: I didn't find it necessary to remove the silicone cap from the Vmod innards. Just fitted the center post from the Kanger coil into the tubing and then did a bit of wiggling into the silicone cap and it popped right into place. It's in and not going anywhere unless I want it to. Super easy.

This is how they should sell them to begin with!

solemn

Moved On
Sep 21, 2013
not here
  • Deleted by spaky
  • Reason: New identity of a member that requested to close their account

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
welp, i *finally* ordered my silicone tubing from Bogger. i already have the clearo metal thing so i should be good to go :)

i attempted the metal syringe method, but seeing how i have vmod 2.0, the needle is too long. plus i dont have too many needles so silicone it is! cant wait to blind squonk, achieve better atty-feeding, and hopefully increase my bottles' lifetime. lately ive been blowing out bottles left and right.

i also ordered a 3ml bottle with tube installed. it probably wont fit perfectly in the vmod. heck, it might not fit at all. but if it does, i think itll be a nice ready-made backup.
Pre Assembled 3ml bottle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread