Status
Not open for further replies.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
Ah ha ... then they changed it ... some of us have an 'old' convo going w/ more than that ... so I guess that convo is 'grandfathered' ... seems we shouldn't give it up then.
The "old" higher limit was extended for Co-op participants (at my request for "advance notice" etc). Classy recently announced that since Co-ops (here) are dead, then the justification no longer existed. We all got rolled back to a 5 max at that point. This was about 3-4 weeks ago.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Ah ha ... then they changed it ... some of us have an 'old' convo going w/ more than that ... so I guess that convo is 'grandfathered' ... seems we shouldn't give it up then.

Welp, according to what MikeP just said, if that's the case MikeE, I'd certainly not give up on it!

I like the XF software for certain aspects of it, but there are parts of it that pertain to the PMs (as you noted) that I like much less than the old VB.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
The "old" higher limit was extended for Co-op participants (at my request for "advance notice" etc). Classy recently announced that since Co-ops (here) are dead, then the justification no longer existed. We all got rolled back to a 5 max at that point. This was about 3-4 weeks ago.

ahhh ... I recall that now Mike. Thanks for the reminder.

Welp, according to what MikeP just said, if that's the case MikeE, I'd certainly not give up on it!

I like the XF software for certain aspects of it, but there are parts of it that pertain to the PMs (as you noted) that I like much less than the old VB.

Nope won't be closing it ... actually I'm not the op, just a participant ... but we were wondering why we couldn't replace (add) new peeps for those that left.

Probably a conscience decision by the mods to avoid truly private mini threads. Hey ... it's their house and their rules ... I'm just glad ECF is here and thankful for it.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
ahhh ... I recall that now Mike. Thanks for the reminder.

Nope won't be closing it ... actually I'm not the op, just a participant ... but we were wondering why we couldn't replace (add) new peeps for those that left.

Probably a conscience decision by the mods to avoid truly private mini threads. Hey ... it's their house and their rules ... I'm just glad ECF is here and thankful for it.
At least it's better than the old software where you couldn't have a PM with multiple people....or that I could figure out anyway.

I recall being able to send to multiple but not like having a private 'room' if you will.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
At least it's better than the old software where you couldn't have a PM with multiple people....or that I could figure out anyway.

I recall being able to send to multiple but not like having a private 'room' if you will.

Now you made me go look. On Jan 27, 2014 - I was in a PM w/ 2 other people. I think that was the old s/w. ;)

Reactions: Katdarling
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread