Coolest Vaporization zone for longest period of time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jo Patterson

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
Reno, Nevada
I have been reading as much as I can, and while I catch the main drift the details continue to elude me. I am trying to set up this question in a manner that will help me with the answers without eliciting the tiniest smudge of mathematics.

I don't like heat ... I NEED a cool vapor - I have seen that the average person is getting about 179 to 180 degrees temperature from their coils, as measured on the 2nd coil. (the video didn't say degrees F or C ... I'm guessing F) I'd like to get that closer to 100 degrees if possible.

I need to use the NR-R-NR wires that are available, because I am so very good at shorting the coils when I try to use only resistance wires.

I think I need to create coils with higher ohm ratings. Is that true ?
Do the higher ohm ratings provide a cooler vaporization zone? Does it actually STAY cooler over time?
I am currently using a 3.3V device, I used to have a 3V one, but it broke and I'm awaiting it's replacement.

What NR-R-NR wire would you use to create the coolest vaporization zone?

I understand that wire length is the most important, so if I twisted the R part of it and used big wick so that I could have only a few larger coils with that same wire length (less likely to touch the sides and short) would that make any difference to the temperature?

Any thoughts, advice, alternatives, personal experience with cooler coils ???

I am not trying to problem solve any issues, I simply want to create coils that are specific to my tastes.
If you want to problem solve please keep it directed to coils and vaporization temperatures.
I don't care if you have a hard time accepting my desires and/or understanding my taste buds.
I am weird, I accept that, if you don't, then don't bother to clutter up and side track this possible discussion with your issues.
:vapor::vapor::vapor:

Smlexy

Apr 3, 2013
New York, NY, USA
I have been reading as much as I can, and while I catch the main drift the details continue to elude me. I am trying to set up this question in a manner that will help me with the answers without eliciting the tiniest smudge of mathematics.

I don't like heat ... I NEED a cool vapor - I have seen that the average person is getting about 179 to 180 degrees temperature from their coils, as measured on the 2nd coil. (the video didn't say degrees F or C ... I'm guessing F) I'd like to get that closer to 100 degrees if possible.

I need to use the NR-R-NR wires that are available, because I am so very good at shorting the coils when I try to use only resistance wires.

I think I need to create coils with higher ohm ratings. Is that true ?
Do the higher ohm ratings provide a cooler vaporization zone? Does it actually STAY cooler over time?
I am currently using a 3.3V device, I used to have a 3V one, but it broke and I'm awaiting it's replacement.

What NR-R-NR wire would you use to create the coolest vaporization zone?

I understand that wire length is the most important, so if I twisted the R part of it and used big wick so that I could have only a few larger coils with that same wire length (less likely to touch the sides and short) would that make any difference to the temperature?

Any thoughts, advice, alternatives, personal experience with cooler coils ???

I am not trying to problem solve any issues, I simply want to create coils that are specific to my tastes.
If you want to problem solve please keep it directed to coils and vaporization temperatures.
I don't care if you have a hard time accepting my desires and/or understanding my taste buds.
I am weird, I accept that, if you don't, then don't bother to clutter up and side track this possible discussion with your issues.
:vapor::vapor::vapor:

To get a cooler vape you have to either use thicker gauge wire or add another coil while keeping the ohms the same. For example a 1.5 ohm single coil would produce a warmer vape than a 1.5 ohm dual coil, even though the vapor production would be about the same. Also lets say you where using 32 awg but at 1.5 ohms the vape is too warm. What you would do is use a thicker wire and add some wraps to make sure its still at the omhs you want.

Hope this helps, feel free to ask more questions.

_sidekick_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
To get a cooler vape you have to either use thicker gauge wire or add another coil while keeping the ohms the same. For example a 1.5 ohm single coil would produce a warmer vape than a 1.5 ohm dual coil, even though the vapor production would be about the same. Also lets say you where using 32 awg but at 1.5 ohms the vape is too warm. What you would do is use a thicker wire and add some wraps to make sure its still at the omhs you want.

Hope this helps, feel free to ask more questions.
1.5ohms is 1.5ohms. The temperature should not be much difference assuming voltage to the atomizer is the same. Either lower wattages or higher resistance will get you a cooler vape. Air hole placement, coil height in comparison to air hole, and resistance are the main factors in vapor temperature.

Smlexy

Apr 3, 2013
New York, NY, USA
1.5ohms is 1.5ohms. The temperature should not be much difference assuming voltage to the atomizer is the same. Either lower wattages or higher resistance will get you a cooler vape. Air hole placement, coil height in comparison to air hole, and resistance are the main factors in vapor temperature.

I'm pretty sure if you have two rda's, cartos, or clearos, and one has a 1.5 ohm dual coil and one has a 1.5 ohm single coil using the same thickness wire the 1.5 ohms dual coil would be a cooler (for lack of a better word) vape. The reason for this is heat distribution, when you double the amount of material that has to be heated up you are lowering the temperature. A thicker frying pan will not only take longer to heat up than a thinner one, it will also won't be as hot. Although i wouldn't go putting my hand on either.

Let me know your thoughts on this.

_sidekick_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
I'm pretty sure if you have two rda's, cartos, or clearos, and one has a 1.5 ohm dual coil and one has a 1.5 ohm single coil using the same thickness wire the 1.5 ohms dual coil would be a cooler (for lack of a better word) vape. The reason for this is heat distribution, when you double the amount of material that has to be heated up you are lowering the temperature. A thicker frying pan will not only take longer to heat up than a thinner one, it will also won't be as hot. Although i wouldn't go putting my hand on either.

Let me know your thoughts on this.
I suppose you are right, but you can't really compare single/dual coils like that, because dual coils are technically both going to be 3.0 ohm coils to make a total resistance of 1.5 ohms. So, it's like comparing a single 3.0 ohm coils to a single 1.5 coil. The higher resistance will be cooler. The reasoning you have is correct, you're heating up two coils with the same voltage/power as that single coil, so each coil will not get as hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread