Copper Tube MOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

derJuF

Jan 21, 2012
Lahr / Germany
Hi,
here is my "GWS2011-BT" (Gas/Water/Shi... - BatteryTube :) ) made of Copper with 22mm dia.

all the Parts:

the mechanical switch:

"screwed in" for pocket savety:

Bottom view with 18650:

10 EuroCent perfect fits...

510 Connector:

the Atomizer:
all parts made of brass washers/nuts and tubes and a acryl-tube 20/16mm

...first try...

with the current Atomizer (5ml) and nameplates in "Steampunk-design" :)

greetings from germany
Juergen

Last edited:

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
poland, and the brassy lands of google
This is simple and elegant, your attention to detail is impeccable. The lines and choice of materials are very nice. I saw this this morning and hoped you would take this farther even. Later out and about I see that you did just that indeed. :)

The switch and button contour are my distinct favorite here.

Quigsworth

Just some guy...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
The Republic of Cascadia
derJuf, your photo essay has given me about 40 "ah-ha" moments, thank you...It's going to take me a while to sort out how your switch works so I can shamelessly "try" and copy it:blush:...I also love how you did the bottom...it never occurred to me to do the "dual pin rotate to lock" thing internal the tube... genius.

Quigsworth

Just some guy...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
The Republic of Cascadia
Disclaimer, I'm in no way qualified to critique but I did have a thought...

On my brass tube mod which has a sliding mech switch I kinda got into it with WillyB a bit over the "questionable" operation of hard contacts...in hindsight, I have to agree with him...If you smoothed off the threads below the nylon stop nut then put a small spring between the nylon stop nut and the disc that makes your connection (allowing the contact disc to travel on the post) then thread a very small screw/washer where your black centering piece is as a stop...just a thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread