Coronavirus and ordering from China

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Not trying to be heartless here but if the virus goes from human to animal (that is seriously unusual for a virus to the best of my knowledge) we are all going to be pet free vegetarians for a while.

Is that really confirmed? With the ability to catch the virus twice (sorry I don't read about epidemics anymore because it is so often BS, like complete nonsense.)

I'm kind of impressed with this one, if that is genuinely the case. But the infection rate is low? I'm so confused. Is it a rapidly mutating virus or what?

I'm going to guess the med is Tamiflu which like, I get the flu is very, very bad but well, if you don't vaccinate your kid I don't see why we hand out Tamiflu like candy either. If you choose not to vaccinate your kid, you WANT it to get the flu.
Anna
No, not going from human to animal. At least not confirmed. All coronaviruses go from animal to human (Mers, SAR).

Not mutating, as far as anyone knows. But they call it "novel" coronavirus, because it's new. They can make assumptions based on other coronaviruses, but haven't tested much of anything on this. And coronaviruses are hard to cultivate, so it's hard to test. So they have no idea what's really different about this one, including how infectious, how long it lives, reinfection, best treatment, etc.

Reinfection is common in all coronaviruses, because the antibodies don't last long. But how soon before this one reinfects is unknown.

susieqz

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2018
high plains
you guys aren't taking this virus seriously enow.

there is only one lifesaving therapy for the seriously ill.they have to pump O2
into the lungs.
that's fine when you have cases here n there.
but if you have hundreds of cases at a time, many will die.
we don't have the medical resources to treat that many.

as far as trusting the govt, any fool knows that air travel should be curtailed.
ithas not been because that's not politically acceptable.

this is a very big deal, because we have an ineffective govt.
that might kill us.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca

into the lungs.

as far as trusting the govt, any fool knows that air travel should be curtailed.

that might kill us.
You do know air travel has been curtailed and the opposing political party was against it. The lame stream media is lying to the public as usual.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
The husband said it is a manmade virus or 3 combined sent from Canada to China for further study and China "released the hounds" because like, Hong Kong tried to do something independent like, or something. Also, population control and they are incinerating a jillion dead bodies but like a couple places including the CDC have some sort of vaccine like thing going which I do NOT understand if you can catch the same virus twice, IDK what vaccination is going to do.

Please note I can confirm NONE of these facts.

Anna

Brandon David

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Just an update- I got a shipping notification about 10 minutes ago that my a-plus from FT has arrived state side and has processed through customs in NY with an anticipated delivery date of Tuesday so it aligns with my expectations of shipping times from China remaining historically congruent with my past orders. :)

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well, according to my husband's "population control" theory, I bet shipping has gotten FASTER. Like, less crowds, more efficiency type thing.

I almost posted the first chapter of my "Overly Pampered Dog Gone Wild" futuristic book called "DOG."

It is what happens when a strange virus kills off all of humanity because a few PETA softies like, won't get rid of their pets. It is written from the dog's perspective and it starts out with the dog thinking he is used to his owner's lardy smell, and he is just waiting for her to fart, waking herself up (she blames him every morning) but he's all cool with it, because he knows like, if he beg/whines, she will give him and extra scoop of food and coo lovingly.... And she awakens, and thinks "Oh Canine, at it again," and as she sort of rolls out of bed she mutters "I need to lose weight." But then she smiles at her canine companion and says, "Who needs Plenty of Fish when I have Canine right here?" But her left bunion hurts in an odd way, and the dog thinks...."Whew, she smells weird this morning."

It's all downhill from there. I really want to call it "DOG" and let me tell you, it was fun. LOL. The first chapter is not even a PAGE but SO MUCH is going to happen.

I wish I had time to write a second book, like, now that my first one sucked so much, and horrible futuristic worlds seem to be my go to but no TIME. Gah.

I need to win the lottery. A lot . If my husband's population control theory is true, like, my odds are getting better all the time....
Anna

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I don't know it doesn't sound that much weirder than the news I mean "Rivers red with the blood of animals...."

Just getting a touch biblical there, also seems useless to kill off the potentially infected pets but POLLUTE one's water supply.

But I must admit, I've travelled to a few and those Asian countries do NOT make sense to me, nor do I to THEM.

I have had vague feelings of discomfort the whole time. Ask me about the royal barges sometime. LOL.

If you are a little girl, a monk who is male who you are not allowed to TOUCH but you are getting in taxis and like hurrying down back alley waterways on perilous terrifying little walkways with tied up skeletal dogs barking with you well it is NOT good.

Also, nor was the food the monk offered us. Oh, I'm sure it was nutritious but one dish may have been maggots. Pretty sure.

But the most terrifying thing is imagining like what would happen if you DID actually touch him, and all the various scenarios where it might happen.

The monk (I guess he was like wealthy?) had a female SERVANT. I remember thinking "OMG you could not PAY me enough to do that.
Plus, ugh, all the politeness. Maybe a year or so at a Zen monastery mighta benefited me as an adolescent. IDK. That is also a lot of sitting still but my lack of alcohol and drugs might have resulted in like, my becoming a sort of... well, the next Dalai Lama, even though I think the two of them have called that whole tag team thing OFF.

Etc. China wins again.

Anna

tA71ana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Round N Round the Mulberry Bush
Not trying to be heartless here but if the virus goes from human to animal (that is seriously unusual for a virus to the best of my knowledge) we are all going to be pet free vegetarians for a while.

They will take my old 12 yo Cat over my dead body.
He's my Bud.
That Cat has been there for me when things were rough.
If he gets sick, I'll be there for him, too.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL

into the lungs.

that might kill us.
As Don pointed out, the administration took the unprecedented steps of not only instituting a travel restrictions way back in January, but also created a task force in January as well. And assigned the 2nd in command in the US (who has experience running a state - which is how the response will be implemented) to head the effort.

Relatively speaking, it looks like our government in this respect is being pretty effective, and would be more effective if China would let CDC assist. Of the 60 cases in the US, 45 were from citizens traveling abroad. Only 15 cases brought into this country through non-citizens.

upload_2020-2-29_11-52-13.png

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Man does Canada have NO cases or is it missing. If no it kind of may support the husband's theory.

Parts of that map are just down right scary. Well. Europe always has had leaky borders, I wonder what they think now.

In no way am implying, telling, or demanding anyone do anything with their pet.
Although I STILL THINK its dumb to pollute the water supply with them but governments do dumb stuff 24/7 365.

Anns

dreamvaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 20, 2018
    UK
    I'm going to guess the med is Tamiflu

Tamiflu is active against the Flu A/B types, not exactly against the coronavirus. I read they tried different protocols, including Anti Retrovirus meds (which are ment for Hiv+ patients) and they are also testing some new ones made specifically against this corona one, but no "magic pill" made yet.

dreamvaper

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 20, 2018
    UK
    videos last week or so of the pets was heart breaking,, people bringing their pets out like for a walk,, pets all happy,, then they were met by a group to beat the animals to death.

in China? Haven't seen it.
    a positive thing about the wild animals is that China has banned the markets selling wild animals meat/parts now.

440BB

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 19, 2011
    The Motor City
    I think we're reaching the point where shipments from China may not be the main concern. Shipments from California, Oregon, Washington, New York and Florida with quick turnaround may now be worth isolating for a few days after they arrive. The list may grow quickly...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread