cost efficient ego batteries, clearos, bases, or what am i doing wrong cost wise? recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smilelee

Mar 5, 2013
nj
hi all,

Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong? I go through so much cash vaping!

Am I buying the wrong type of battery or clearo or base or what? what would you recommend? would prefer to not skip to a WHOLE new different line of stuff, would like to keep at least some component like the chargers or something... although the batteries are almost dead so they can go.

this is what i'm paying and using:
clearo
$6.75
replacement coil $1.75
base $1.65
battery $12.95 but not happy with how long it lasts
control head

$5.95
compatable charger $5.59

i have been using kanger evod-c 650 mah (3.7v 4.1-4.2v) batteries (77mm) and they charge super quickly with my Desan 4.2v 420mah charger which is great, but i seem to kill the batteries after a few weeks :( and i own a lot and use mini egos as backups (not a fan as they take a looong time to charge and are expensive)

i use Kanger T3S eGo Clearo Bottom Coil Repl Coils which are fine, but the kanger T3s base that i use with them arent so great bc i constantly have to move the little pieces of plastic up bc the juice will be leaking out.
THANK YOU in advance!!!
:vapor:

Cool-breeze

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2013
Upstate sc
Most of the 'pen style' batteries, for me at least, have been pieces of junk that break way to quick. You're getting those for 12.95. My 2 cents is grab a mvp. It'll cost you 40-75 depending on online vs B&M prices/ local taxes. So for the cost of say 5 of those for rough rounding you can get a mvp which for me has been very durable. Had mine for 8 months with no issues. The t3s I know you said are authentic for the t3s but many people sell pro tank coils for them. Those coils fit, but have the plastic piece issue you mentioned. Also kangers coils have been kinda sucky here lately. In short I suspect its not so much you as its the equipment. Also the mvp has a huge battery, comes with its charger and a iclear 16 tank (i think).

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
I'm a bit confused here....

First, that's not a lot of cash. How much for a carton of smokes?

You cite both coil and base. And then the T3S. You don't need a new base for that, just the coil. It goes in the base, which is reuseable. Other than the gasket at the bottom, there are no plastic parts in the base. The insulating grommet at the bottom of the coil / head can become compressed due to over-tightening, and can sometimes need to be "pinched" out a tad. Over-tightening will then cause the same non-contact issue.

Leaks in a T3S (and similar bottom coil clearos) can be caused by a variety of things. Drawing too hard is one. Slow gentle pulls work well. Sometimes the flavor wick under the chimney are not laid in correctly, or missing. Coil may be loose in the base - and that can happen sometimes when opening it up to fill.

Charge time on any battery will depend on several things, too. How low you ran it before charging. mAh rating of the battery. Not sure why your charger is "killing" the battery after a few weeks, unless the charger is defective and not delivering the stated output voltage, or not shutting off when the battery is charged. Chargers do fail... And dried on / baked on juice on the battery contact will certainly impede charging, vaping... Since you've stated leak issues, that may be what's going on. (Turn the battery off, then clean the contacts with a cotton swab and rubbing alcohol. Give it plenty of time to dry / evaporate before charging or using.) The typical "life" of these batteries is around 250 full charge cycles, so "a couple of weeks" suggests something else is going on...

And, of course, run time is related to mAh rating of the battery. A 650 inherently isn't going to last a long time before needing to be charged. I still have a lot of ego styles as backup, and don't have much of anything lower than 1300.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
Noticed you're in NJ, there's a B&M (Vapor City 1180 Route 46 Parsippany) where I picked up a MVP-2 for $50. They're $40, best price online + whatever for shipping, for maybe an extra $5 you can walk out vaping. They also have a nice variety of toppers and other mods at reasonable prices. Worth checking out if you're in the neighborhood.

rabgary

Verified Member
Feb 27, 2014
Austin TX
My favorite ego type that I have have bought a couple of in the last month and have so far worked great are the 1300mah Spinner clones I got from FastTech.
With the same tank on a 900 and a 1300 the 1300 is actually a little shorter than the 900 and being a little bigger in width it also feels a lot better in my hand.
I would recommend them to anyone based on how they have worked so far.
Spinner 1300

I use the Protank 3 mostly but I also always have one of these I carry with me all of the time and use a lot too.
I got a couple from the group buy at Focalecig a while back for less than 4 dollars each.
But even at the price FastTech wants I think it is a fair price.
In the 3 months or so I have been using them I have never had a leak or any gurgling either and they deliver adequate taste for the price.
KWX10 Mini Protank E-Cigarette Atomizer

I will say that I have only been vaping about 6 months so haven't really tried a lot of different things but these work well for me and or relatively inexpensive.
I don't know that I will ever spend the money on something really nice because i really like the cheap stuff myself.
Mainly because I don't have to worry about breaking them or losing them.

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
The Ego-C and Evod batteries that I've gotten from Desert Vapes have held up quite well for me. I don't use them that heavily, mostly while driving back and forth to work, but I've had no complaints at all about them. At least they are less expensive than the ones you've been getting.
eGo Style Batteries

You might want to try a new charger just in case the one you are using is overcharging and killing the batteries, the batteries should be lasting many months, not weeks.

I don't disagree with those who've recommended the MVP, if you can put up with the larger size of the device.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread